How busy is Chang Wattana?

Hi folks,

I'm going to CW next week to renew my 'extension of stay'. Previously, I've arrived at 06:30 to get an early queue number, but maybe with Covid it's much less busy.

Anyone had a recent experience and does the door to the building still open circa 06:00? Many thanks.

1 hour ago, medina21 said:

Dr Jack and Ubon Joe, many thanks ???? It's an 'extension based on retirement'.

I did it in October. So good I was very surprised. They have dedicated a specific office # to the appointments. They run on time. My appointment was 10.45am. 

That allowed time to go downstairs to bank for bank letter and make small deposit. Asked the lady to photocopy last page of bb so all was in order. 

Your advised to arrive 15 mins prior to appointment. I was seen straight away.

That process took 15mins. Back outside to wait for passport return. 

When you arrive you don't go to desk where you normally obtain your L#.

The receipt for you appointment has that info. Important tip....you need printout of the email they send to you as confirmation of your appointment. Screenshot won't cut it.

Rather than stuff around if you don't have a printer then on lower level with banks is a photocopy/print etc stall you forward your email from imm to them and bingo 5 baht they print it out for you.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

Remember that if your extension of stay based on retirement is from a O-A Visa your extending then you will need to have the TGIA approved insurance.  Check with your agent/broker to endure they have put the certificate in the system and carry a copy with you just in case.  Dr. Jack and I both had successful trips to CW, and we both posted our reports on it.  Good luck and relax, it is an easy process provided you have everything you need in your possession.

Unfortunately it is up to you to check in at the desk for your appointment.  If she is busy she will have you take a seat and then call you in, but she will have taken all of your paperwork to begin with and put them on her desk. When she is finished with her task she will call you in for the process.  Your appointment slip is your que ticket they do not call you in like you will hear or see with a que number.  Had I not checked in as I was told to do i would have sat all day. Be proactive 

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Unfortunately it is up to you to check in at the desk for your appointment.  If she is busy she will have you take a seat and then call you in, but she will have taken all of your paperwork to begin with and put them on her desk. When she is finished with her task she will call you in for the process.  Your appointment slip is your que ticket they do not call you in like you will hear or see with a que number.  Had I not checked in as I was told to do i would have sat all day. Be proactive 

I did check in at the front desk and was told where to sit.  I was not told to check in at that specific desk and assumed I would be called when ready.  I recognized the IO as the one who had previously thrown my bankbook and passport at me so forgive me if I was reluctant to be proactive and interrupt her.   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, medina21 said:

It's an 'extension based on retirement'.

Make an appointment, maybe go for 09:30 or 09:45, gives you time to get any paperwork, update bankbook, copies, etc.

Present at desk L1-32   ~ 15 minutes BEFORE the appointment time, by showing the email/appt confirmation.

My appointment was for 10:00, I presented at 09:40, was immediately served, finished ~ 10:00, then got a single-entry re-entry permit (optimism),

• Like 1

5 hours ago, griffon2011 said:

So the moral of this story is not to be polite but to interrupt the IO and insist this is your reserved time slot. 

This is good info thanks. I went in Oct, not knowing if my name would be called, arrived on time and the desk was empty so I had no one to ask, then an IO arrived 5 minutes into my time window but another customer walked straight in. I wasn't sure if they were in the queue in front of me as the IO wasn't there before so I let them go. Luckily the customer in front finished just before the end of my time window so I was allowed in but only after asking. Next time I will follow your advice.

10 minutes ago, griffon2011 said:

I did check in at the front desk and was told where to sit.  I was not told to check in at that specific desk and assumed I would be called when ready.  I recognized the IO as the one who had previously thrown my bankbook and passport at me so forgive me if I was reluctant to be proactive and interrupt her.   

Checking in at the Cubicle with the sign for the on-line interviews is where you check in.  The front check-in is for the ques.  Unfortunately the On-line appointments have a specific cubicle where there are only 3 ladies, and the one on the right front processes the paperwork, and the one seated to the rear of her is the final review and where you sign the final paperwork before she hands you your passport back with your bankbook.  That was my experience as well as a friend that went the day before my appointment.  He gave me all of the pointers as well as the reports listed here on TV and where you can find a checklist of what's needed and how to proceed.  Sorry you had a rough time.  Just trying to ensure it does not happen to anyone else and I am sure that is why you posted as well.  If there is no one in the seats in front of the IO she will have you sit down and will start the process after seeing your appointment slip.

5 hours ago, griffon2011 said:

So the moral of this story is not to be polite but to interrupt the IO and insist this is your reserved time slot. 

One can always be polite.

Arriving and presenting early helps Imm. as much as anyone. People miss apointments, and not all slots are booked. Getting you processed early helps EVERYONE.

Simply walk up to desk L1-32, holding your appointment email. Nicely ask if this is the right place to be. These are screeners, often trainees, who will process you, or ask you to wait.

Worked for me, and many, many, many, many others.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Digitalbanana said:

When I went the L1-32 cubicle had no one in there working at the time window I had booked. I asked next door, but they just pointed to cubicle L1-32.

Point?

Then take a seat and wait.

When I went there were three (3) trainees outside L1-32.

Again, many, many, many first-hand reports here and on FB groups.