advice about building a house in Khon Kaen

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Bear in mind however that not all land in Thailand can be subjected to a usufruct. This will depend on the kind of Title Deed the land is classified.

A usuffruct would also be complicated because there is an existing house on the land, so the usufruct in theory would allow access to the existing structure

10 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

A usuffruct would also be complicated because there is an existing house on the land, so the usufruct in theory would allow access to the existing structure

I didnt want to go to deep into it, I think in Phuket it's not accepted no more, I'll ask the midget,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lovethai123 said:

Simple advise. Don't do it. rent a home. never build a home in thailand

Absolutely......100%......you have to be mental to consider buying/building unless you have money to burn.......buy in your own country where you know the laws and the market....use the rent from that to rent in Thailand.....it's a no brainer.

Buy and you are trapped....noise, bad neighbors, falling prices, exchange rates.........

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Essentially, foreigners cannot own any landed property in Thailand. Other than condos, which you sign contracts with development companies as investors. Then there's maintenance fees, taxes, etc., which make those not so attractive.

Not sure where you are getting this information from, a Condo has a full property title just like a house/land, its not purchased as an investor with a development company. Buy a condo means your name on the title deeds. There are no extra taxes for Condos.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Not sure where you are getting this information from, a Condo has a full property title just like a house, its not purchased as an investor with a development company. Buy a condo means your name on the title deeds. There are no extra taxes for Condos.

The quota for a farang wanting to buy a condo is 49% Foreign Freehold

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

What is the gaurantee that buying a condo would entitle him hassle free entry. There are many reports that that condo owners have been denied entry. So why buy a condo when you know some I/O would deny you entry. 

on the other hand building a house for a thai wife means u r actually building it for her and burning your own money. The moment they want, u will be kicked out and u wont be able to do anything about it. 

Thats not the original topic or statement. You said buying a condo involves being an investor in a development company. I was correcting you as thats not true.

Nobody has mentioned immigration requirements for entry into Thailand. Buying a property anywhere in the world doesn't guarantee immigration compliance.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

The quota for a farang wanting to buy a condo is 49% Foreign Freehold

Yes thats correct, but nothing to do with being an investor in a development company as the incorrect post said.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Buying a property anywhere in the world doesn't guarantee immigration compliance.

Thanks for telling me this. But atleast the I/O's in other parts would give u a fair chance. They would arrange a translator too in case of language barrier. But in thailand- u come too mutt,, why u come back, why u come again, no no, what u working in thailand,, go back ..

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

What probably is more a "shed" then a house.

34 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

Simple advise. Don't do it. rent a home. never build a home in thailand. the moment relationship with the thai partner goes downhill, you loose everything. you would be lucky if she lets u leave with your clothes else thai woman would sell her ex's clothes on the street.

i know i am being bitter but i dont want to see another man loosing his money in thailand. building a house there is same as throwing that money in a river.

Anytime u could be kicked out and you wont be able to do anything. 

I prefer to see it in a river. Can always fish it out.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lovethai123 said:

Thanks for telling me this. But atleast the I/O's in other parts would give u a fair chance. They would arrange a translator too in case of language barrier. But in thailand- u come too mutt,, why u come back, why u come again, no no, what u working in thailand,, go back ..

Cost a mate of mine 4000 Baht

• Haha 1