Who want Covid 19 vaccine?

Tagged

Vaccine   

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 12/13/2020 at 1:07 PM, Lacessit said:

It's a no-brainer, I'm in the high risk age group.

I've been vaccinated for typhoid, cholera, hepatitis, pneumonia, influenza, polio, tetanus and tuberculosis. I just wonder how long I would have lived without those jabs.

My only beef is they sometimes have prevented me playing golf for a day or so, due to arm soreness.

Agreed - just get it done, same as flu jab every year, no downside, even if there is no upside

On 12/14/2020 at 1:13 PM, Sheryl said:

And possibly - though I do nto know if this is being tested for -- information on the extent to which the vaccine prevents people from being able to transmit the virus.

Yep, the issue of whether people who have been vaccinated then will or won't have the potential to spread the virus if they catch it -- even when the vaccine prevents them from getting seriously ill -- is a hot subject for further research and analysis.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/health/covid-vaccine-mask.html

"The vaccine trials have not produced data on how many vaccinated people were infected with the virus but did not have symptoms.

Only people who have virus teeming in their nose and throat would be expected to transmit the virus, and the lack of symptoms in the immunized people who became infected suggests that the vaccine may have kept the virus levels in check.

But some studies have suggested that even people with no symptoms can have high amounts of coronavirus in their nose, noted Dr. Yvonne Maldonado, who represents the American Academy of Pediatrics at meetings of the federal Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices. The first person confirmed to be reinfected with the coronavirus, a 33-year-old man in Hong Kong, also did not have symptoms, but harbored enough virus to infect others."

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, VBF said:

And in support of that, a good friend of mine is a retired UK Government official (he actually rose to be Private Secretary to various Ministers)

In normal times, the main reason a vaccine (or many other drugs) takes so long to be approved isn't the actual testing.

It's the layer upon layer of red tape, approvals, committees and sub-committees and associated administration that get involved causing 6 months of work to become protracted over several years.

With the Covid vaccines, much of this nonsense has thankfully been "swerved" leaving the important work (what the scientists and doctors do) intact.

And, further endorsing my comment above, this documentary (BBC Panorama - The Race for a Vaccine) is VERY impressive - you might need to take the usual measures to watch it outside the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000qdzd

Professors Gilbert and Ewer (starting at about 37 min) should be a kick in the pants for the Anti-Vaxxers!

They admit where mistakes were made...some of them turned out to be very fortuitous! 

Edited by VBF