British Airways voucher?

I optimistically booked Bkk -UK for next June a few weeks ago, they cancelled it today. They offer a re booking but they don't know when that will be possible, or a voucher. Am I entitled to ask for a refund instead of a voucher, which I assume can be used to re book sometime in the future, they don't give any info on it.

You should be entitled to a full refund - if not I'd pursue credit card option - I certainly wouldn't accept Avios points/voucher. The UK companies have not been great in honoring these and you won't know the future price.

I'd go for the bird in the hand approach and get my cash back so I can book on my terms and not on BA's. 

• Like 1

A very timely post for me too.

In April I accepted a voucher for a UK trip in May, at the time thinking validity for 1 year (and subsequently 2 years) would be enough time for things to get back to normal and take  trip home. Was I wrong!

When I read about them not resuming flights to Thailand till November 2021 I asked on their FB page, and lodged a Twitter enquiry asking for a refund, given that the voucher was now unredeemable for another year. Add to that even if there are flights, I will not consider a trip to Scotland in the winter months, so the voucher is now totally useless in my opinion..

On FB I got the expected polite refusal of a refund from a voucher,  and am still waiting on a Twitter response.

So much for going the route that may have helped them a little financially opting for a voucher. Won't be doing that again in a hurry.

This thread is a decent start...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2012955-covid-19-ba-rebooking-cancellation-refund-help-advice-no-speculation-etc.html

In a similar situation (different airline, which had decent offers: changes in routing +5,000 miles, 10% bonus, full rebooking protections, 2 year voucher)  I took the refund, even though I lost a bit on Fx.