Unlimited 4G simcards - who here has it?

FarangFB

1 hour ago, scammed said:

ok, many thanks. i guess 7/11 wont do this so its tuk com.

will i be able to use up the money in the phone already,

and will i be able to use the old card if the money isnt transferred

Not Tukcom, but Central Festival if in Pattaya.

On 12/17/2020 at 7:13 PM, FarangFB said:

ok thanks. I googled it a bit and seems to be an iphone only issue, messenger can't handle it when there are 2 sims and only one of them has internet

thanks for confirming my suspicion, here is  another good reason why I NEVER had or Will have an Iphone or anything to do with apple, I like to be free/unrestricted

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, stubuzz said:

Most of the packages are for 12 months, meaning that 2 sims would be in the phone. Is it possible to add the packages to an existing number and only use 1 sim?

You can move the number of the existing SIM to the new package; although it needs to be on another network.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi guys,

I'm coming in next month and looking for my options. 

I previously had the True/200b/10mbps/unlimited plan which was a killer. Do we have anything similar in the market these days?

As you might now, I'm going straight into quarantine after landing. As I have a validated sim in my phone already (and unable to go out and get another package) I'll do a simple internet top up for the first month. However, then I'm staying for a 1 year and I'm looking to get something more price/performance oriented.

Thanks! 

10 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

Hi guys,

I'm coming in next month and looking for my options. 

I previously had the True/200b/10mbps/unlimited plan which was a killer. Do we have anything similar in the market these days?

As you might now, I'm going straight into quarantine after landing. As I have a validated sim in my phone already (and unable to go out and get another package) I'll do a simple internet top up for the first month. However, then I'm staying for a 1 year and I'm looking to get something more price/performance oriented.

Thanks! 

If you are going straight into quarantine, order one of the annual packages in advance, to arrive at the hotel in time for your arrival via Lazada/Shopee.

I haven't looked of late, but DTAC was around 1350 baht for 10 Mbps. Truemove H and AIS around 1850 for unlimited 10 Mbps & 8 Mbps respectively. Links to DTAC and AIS are within this thread.

Otherwise, they all have unlimited 10/8 Mbps for 300 baht per month. 

1 hour ago, Eindhoven said:

If you are going straight into quarantine, order one of the annual packages in advance, to arrive at the hotel in time for your arrival via Lazada/Shopee.

I haven't looked of late, but DTAC was around 1350 baht for 10 Mbps. Truemove H and AIS around 1850 for unlimited 10 Mbps & 8 Mbps respectively. Links to DTAC and AIS are within this thread.

Otherwise, they all have unlimited 10/8 Mbps for 300 baht per month. 

Sounds great!

May I throw a quick question? 

I have a old memory that SIM's need registration (passport and the whole thing). Will I be able to pursue this, going straight to the ASQ I mean? 

If it's a 12 month sim for 2k ready-to-go 10 mbps unlimited - it sounds great! 

May I throw another Q? When I stayed in Vietnam the sims bought at Shopee and similar websites was notorious for having a drastically lower validity than stated. Not uncommon I bought packages stated to be valid for 5 months but stopped working after 1 month. Have you heard of any issues like that with these packages?

Thanks! 

Just now, aldriglikvid said:

Sounds great!

May I throw a quick question? 

I have a old memory that SIM's need registration (passport and the whole thing). Will I be able to pursue this, going straight to the ASQ I mean? 

If it's a 12 month sim for 2k ready-to-go 10 mbps unlimited - it sounds great! 

May I throw another Q? When I stayed in Vietnam the sims bought at Shopee and similar websites was notorious for having a drastically lower validity than stated. Not uncommon I bought packages stated to be valid for 5 months but stopped working after 1 month. Have you heard of any issues like that with these packages?

Thanks! 

You can register the via an application on your Smartphone.

Validity and package will be shown as 12 months. No issues.

• Thanks 2

Gotta say this package mentioned by @Eindhoven is tempting: https://bit.ly/3c1N1ue 

Unlimited / 1 year / 10mbps = 1290 baht 

I'll keep my previous sim in my second sim-port meanwhile I change the number at the most important places (bank, etc). 

A couple of years ago DTAC coverage was quite bad in Pattaya. Has that changed to the better? 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

You can register the via an application on your Smartphone.

Validity and package will be shown as 12 months. No issues.

I ordered True unlimited SIM from Lazada before. It cannot be registered from app. I need to walk to the True shop to register, get my photo taken, etc. 

Edited by sanmyintmaung

Gotta say this package mentioned by @Eindhoven is tempting: https://bit.ly/3c1N1ue 

I'll keep my previous sim in my second sim-port meanwhile I change the number at the most important places (bank, etc). 

A couple of years ago DTAC coverage was quite bad in Pattaya. Has that changed to the better? 

I am in Pattaya. I already told you that I'm using it in preference to the AIS pack.

No need to hide links, people should know on what they are clicking: https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-net-dtac-dtac-10mbps-12-muntookdee-i1154204644-s2700554573.html

• Thanks 1

Why do you need to change your number at the bank if you have a dual SIM phone? You'll still be able to receive SMS on it etc

Otherwise you can try porting the number over to the new SIM if you just want to have one SIM.

I do not recommend Truemove sim, despite it gives real stable 10mbps speed it keeps disconnecting at random intervals, very disturbing if you are downloading a really large file.

The DTAC sim costs almost the same and gives the same real 10 mbps speed but never disconnects.

Also Truemove has "dirty" networks - I often have to complete google captchas on various websites using Truemove sim, and never have such problem with DTAC sim.

Edited by fdsa

Just now, fdsa said:

I do not recommend Truemove sim, despite it gives real stable 10mbps speed it keeps disconnecting at random intervals, very disturbing if you are downloading a really large file.

The DTAC sim costs almost the same and gives the same real 10 mbps speed but never disconnects.

I, in general, agree. Truemove H will always be the last on my list. DTAC's coverage may not have been as wide as AIS, but their connections are solid. I almost scrapped my router before checking it with a DTAC SIM. I even upgraded the AIS SIM in case it was the SIM itself that was faulty. But the problem persisted.

With DTAC; no issues and much cheaper. So one can buy a basic 49 baht SIM to check if 10 Mbps is available at your location. If it is, then it's all go for DTAC.

At this price it's definitely worth the checking. 

3 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

DTAC's coverage may not have been as wide as AIS, but their connections are solid.

How are they going with that do you know; catching up or around the same?

I used to always be with DTAC but jumped to AIS around 5 years ago due to spotty coverage on road trips, few minor niggles with AIS so been thinking about jumping back again this year.

5 hours ago, Salerno said:

How are they going with that do you know; catching up or around the same?

I used to always be with DTAC but jumped to AIS around 5 years ago due to spotty coverage on road trips, few minor niggles with AIS so been thinking about jumping back again this year.

My SIM card is in a router; it doesn't travel.

Phone doesn't go outside much either, though never had a issue with coverage.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Eindhoven said:

My SIM card is in a router; it doesn't travel.

For some reason that literally made laugh out loud ????

Thanks anyway. Might jump back to Dtac just to see when I get back and off on a roadtrip.

5 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

If I'm on a 4G device what's the general speed of a "max speed" plan? Is it drastically above the 10mbps? Trying to do some calculations on my own internet behavior, perhaps I don't need "unlimited" and 80gb is sufficient. 

What difference does it make? Why are you agonising over such a small thing? Do you need more than 10 Mbps? If not, why are you racking your brains over this?

10 Mbps is more than enough to stream Full HD material. Doubtful that you will be doing anything heavier than this on a mobile connection.

There is no general speed; it's all according to location. 

Seriously just order an unlimited SIM and stop the cogitating. It's much less than you were thinking of spending in the first place anyway.

If you are going to be stuck in quarantine, get unlimited. 80 GB will barely cover a movie per day for a month.

Now please, no more questions over a single SIM ????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have the True 4G sim also which I bought from Lazada.

Mine allows 80GB per month at full speed 300Mbps . After the 80GB is used I get unlimited but at a lower speed but I gave never used up all the 80GB in a month. Also unlimited calls to any Thai network. It works absolutely perfectly for all Line , Messenger , WhatsApp calls. 

I also have a 2 sim card phone , i set the True sim for all calls and internet. The other sim which i have had the number for 19 years also works fine in the same phone for incoming and outbound calls , SMS ect.

6 hours ago, Brick Top said:

I have the True 4G sim also which I bought from Lazada.

Mine allows 80GB per month at full speed 300Mbps . After the 80GB is used I get unlimited but at a lower speed but I gave never used up all the 80GB in a month. Also unlimited calls to any Thai network. It works absolutely perfectly for all Line , Messenger , WhatsApp calls. 

I also have a 2 sim card phone , i set the True sim for all calls and internet. The other sim which i have had the number for 19 years also works fine in the same phone for incoming and outbound calls , SMS ect.

I think the 80 GB SIM is free Truemove H calls only. The 60 GB SIM offers free calls to all networks.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Eindhoven said:

I think the 80 GB SIM is free Truemove H calls only. The 60 GB SIM offers free calls to all networks.

No mine is definitely free calls to all Thai mobile networks and landlines. The calls cut off after 15 mins , then you have to redial.