Double-checking 800K deposit:

I know initial Retirement Visa Extension required B800K deposited for 3 months prior to issuance but I am under the understanding that subsequent annual renewals only require the 800K balance to be maintained for 2 months prior to expiration.  Is this correct?

(Understanding that balance can not fall below B400K at any point.)

29 minutes ago, Promula said:

If you opt to use an agent to show the 800k in your account because you don't want to bring it into the country, are you screwed in a year's time?

You could use agent again or if borders were open without quarantine you could border bounce and enter visa exempt and obtain non O with 800k in bank on day of application and then couple months later apply for annual extension.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Promula said:

If you opt to use an agent to show the 800k in your account because you don't want to bring it into the country, are you screwed in a year's time?

Not if you use the same agent, they are quite used to roll over extensions without funds in place. Don't ask how because you will get a considerable amount of comments re legality, but it works so don't knock it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

It was changed to 2 months on date of application for every extension on March 1st of last year.

Not all offices concur with this, some still insist on 3 months before.

I've never experienced a problem with this as my 800k+ is there year round, but others have enquired of Phetchabun IO and been told there's no change its 3 months before for all extensions. 

• Like 1