EU's Barnier says: just hours left for a Brexit trade deal

snoop1130

6 hours ago, Hi from France said:

new strain of covid, the borders are blocked now

Where will all these lorries go ? Are the car parks and the portaloos ready? I feel for those truck drivers

Waiting for the Brexiteers to reply:

They had four years to prepare. That little bit of a Covid is a small price to pay for the greater good of blue passports and sufferinity. 

7 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You may not have noticed but we're still in the transition period so it's kind of difficult to blame a No Deal Brexit.

These queues often happen due to bad weather and seasonal demands. Not to mention the unprecedented travel restrictions imposed due to Covid19.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/20/frances-covid-freight-ban-to-have-devastating-effect-on-uk-sector-warns

Nice try blaming everything on Brexit though. Unfortunately the bitters like you are 10 days too early. Chomping at the bit no doubt. I'm sure when the economy contracts after 8 months of lockdown you'll be blaming that on Brexit as well. Christmas cancelled? Brexit. Callum Smith beaten by Saul Alvarez? Brexit. Bad weather in January? Brexit.

So bitter. ????

image.png.ccee48a841986896ca29c6ac753ad4d6.png

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Loiner said:

So long as some europosters in Thailand haven't read anything about their negotiator's failure, I suppose all will be well with them.

No news, good news.

And as  Tofer wrote =

"PERCEIVED forecasts of failure "

We shall all ( E.U. & U.K. ) wait & see.

However I am personally not adopting a too optimistic attitude.

No man in the street in the E.U. & U.K. should.

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

Too long in Thailand Trans...?

Worrying about " face "....????????

This is a Thai based forum, if you don't understand the phrase "Losing face" here, then it is patently obvious you will never understand the British Brexit either......????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Loiner said:

It has long been obvious to many of us that the EU works against the UK

The E.U. look out for its members, that's her task.

This may include that it has, in circumstances, to work against the U.K., a past member.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, transam said:

This is a Thai based forum, if you don't understand the phrase "Losing face" here, then it is patently obvious you will never understand the British Brexit either......????

As long you only should understand what it is to live on a Island with no access to get off it... to search your needs ...as unfortuned now because that new strain virus shows  now to U.K.

Remember you could need neighbors ....that's EU. Main reason for existing ...assisting each other ...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/20/uk-faces-brexit-limbo-after-talks-deadline-missed

UK faces Brexit limbo after talks deadline missed

Britain risks weeks without trade transition plans from 1 January after missing EU parliament Sunday deadline

Sun 20 Dec 2020 19.30 GMT

Last modified on Sun 20 Dec 2020 20.43 GMT

Negotiators of a Brexit trade deal inched towards a compromise on fishing rights on Sunday but missed a major deadline, raising the prospect of weeks without arrangements from 1 January even in the event of agreement.

Edited by david555

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Is The Guardian a rag you pay a subscription for...?  ????

As you have seen before undouble  i do not discriminate new-sites .... but of course that does not fit your agenda ???? , so you don't mention the express topics and others  i post .... brexiteers way of diverting 

And yes sometimes i can bypass  paywall's .... but not always 

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Another cretinous statement.....they are British businesses all of which will fail to deliver and as a consequence lose much needed profits.

That trade will now switch to EU companies.....well done....eat cake OMG!

So, why were the lorrys queuing to to get into France ?

What was in these lorrys and where were they taking whatever was in the lorrys ?

Your claim was that the UK would go hungry..................because food laden lorrys in the UK couldnt get into France to deliver their product .

UK firms may lose their payments , but its the French who wont get the food 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

So, why were the lorrys queuing to to get into France ?

What was in these lorrys and where were they taking whatever was in the lorrys ?

Your claim was that the UK would go hungry..................because food laden lorrys in the UK couldnt get into France to deliver their product .

UK firms may lose their payments , but its the French who wont get the food 

France has 26 chances to get food from they need and should not have growing themselves ...... 

15 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

I wonder ...no...surely not.....could they get it from one of the other 26 unrestricted, free trade partners?

Yes, just click your fingers and thousands of food laden trucks will appear on your German border , just waiting to bring all that food to feed the French 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Garners Pickled Onions, the worlds no.1 of Pickled Onion......?

Hmmmmm, dream on chap.....:clap2:

So then you know on what you can survive ....healthy onions with ....fishhhh .... plenty fish if on isolated Island ????

Edited by david555

Just now, david555 said:

So then you know on what you can survive ....heathy onions with ....fishhhh .... plenty fish if on isolated Island 

With no soggy chips....Now really, I know you are foreign but ........????

PS. Our isolated island survived a six year war with no grub coming from over the channel.....????

9 minutes ago, transam said:

You must be kidding, have you no class.....????

i would not be surprised those Garners  bottles get a Polish printed etiquette on them in Poland already with Polish onions inside ....????

remember your dark blue U.K. passports  .....

BTW thanks for the opportunity to make them for U.K. ????

Edited by david555

26 minutes ago, transam said:

With no soggy chips....Now really, I know you are foreign but ........????

PS. Our isolated island survived a six year war with no grub coming from over the channel.....????

As we did .... even under a strong  enemy occupation....no garden party's as they had in  England ( for the rich only  of course ) 

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1