EU's Barnier says: just hours left for a Brexit trade deal

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Like to see a drone cut up a trawler...

Drones are capable of  producing images and relay those images back 

If you are interested in buying fish related products after January 1st can I suggest Gardein Golden Fishless Filets

100% free of fish

• Haha 1

Just now, vinny41 said:

Drones are capable of  producing images and relay those images back 

If you are interested in buying fish related products after January 1st can I suggest Gardein Golden Fishless Filets

100% free of fish

Thanks for the advice...but never eaten fish (fishless or otherwise) in my life....and never intend to......yuk.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Thanks for the advice...but never eaten fish (fishless or otherwise) in my life....and never intend to......yuk.

do you know what you have been missing all these years, fish is the healthiest food in the world (as long as it's not from the UK waters 555)

http://www.dietandfitnesstoday.com/protein-in-fish.php

Edited by Mavideol
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

do you know what you have been missing all these years, fish is the healthiest food in the world (as long as it's not from the UK waters 555)

I did take fish oil tablets for a while...then someone told me they are full of heavy metals.

My kids did hold me down once and force tuna fish up my nose.....that didn't help in convincing me to eat fish.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Susco said:

I thought you were a Brit, and were fluent in the English language, so I assumed you could read exactly the same as I do

James Dyson (Dyson) Moved to Singapore

Sir Jim Ratcliffe (Ineos) Moving car production to France

As I suspect Telling porky pies 

Sir Jim Ratcliffe (Ineos)  never had car production in the UK,  but was offered a purpose built car factory which  was built for  450 million euros in 1998  and I suspect going for a song as  Daimler  was going to spend three-digit million euro amount for the restructuring/dismantling in Hambach

meanwhile Ineos which has locations all over the world still has 13 locations in the UK( its diffcult to relocated to oil and gas platforms)

https://www.ineos.com/locations/

And seems while James Dyson has moved overseas his company still has a presence in the UK and is expanding

Dyson reveals £2.75bn investment in robotics and artificial intelligence as it plans to double its product range

Company will grow research on Wiltshire campus in 'new chapter in Dyson's development'

Dyson employs some 4,000 people in Wiltshire working on new technologies and new products.

https://www.business-live.co.uk/manufacturing/dyson-reveals-275bn-investment-robotics-19354180

And in your post you stated that these companies have EXIted BRitain

Dame Helena Morrissey (Legal & General)

Anthony Bamford (JCB)

Tim Martin (Wetherspoon) 

Simon Wolfson (Next)

Richard Tice (Quidnet) 

Clearly they haven't so in summary your entire  post was a factual incorrect and misleading

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

And in your post you stated that these companies have EXIted BRitain

Dame Helena Morrissey (Legal & General)

Anthony Bamford (JCB)

Tim Martin (Wetherspoon) 

Simon Wolfson (Next)

Richard Tice (Quidnet) 

Clearly they haven't so in summary your entire  post was a factual incorrect and misleading

So to cut the story short, it is obvious now that you are NOT fluent in English, maybe you are an English import?

Because this is what I said

He didn't ask for companies that export to the EU and have EXIted BRitain

Did I say ALL these companies have exited? I don't think so.

By the way, sarcasm is seemingly also not your strongest gift, similar to most leavers.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Susco said:

I think you misunderstood his question.

10 minutes ago, Susco said:

So to cut the story short, it is obvious now that you are NOT fluent in English, maybe you are an English import?

Because this is what I said

Did I say ALL these companies have exited? I don't think so.

By the way, sarcasm is seemingly also not your strongest gift, similar to most leavers.

Your post implied that you were referring to all companies in the op's posts if you wanted to highlight that your post only meant (Dyson and  (Ineos) you should have made a reference to those companies only which clearly you didn't 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Your post implied that you were referring to all companies in the op's posts if you wanted to highlight that your post only meant (Dyson and  (Ineos) you should have made a reference to those companies only which clearly you didn't 

Where is the middle finger emoji when you need it

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

Groan.

French navy removing all submarine torpedo stocks now and fitting Dyson vacuums to forward tubes so that they can open the hatches and suck all the wet haddock in quick sharp before they have to close the doors again and pump out the torpedo rooms. Sonars with modified frequency software to ID big shoals of sea bass instead of Akula Class intruders. Simples but cunning.  

Do not tell it to Brexiteers. Big chance, they will believe it.

I know another one:

The EU asked the Dutch to build a dike around the EU part of the North see. Pump the water out, catch all fish and.. flood it again, with water coming from the British part, so will suck also THIER fish in. Pump it empty again.. and.. no fish for the British...

All this fuzz for an annual 500 mln pounds worth of fish. Compare this with the car export or even worse the financial service gains of the City, which might dry up if all €uro-transactions have to be under the EU court in Strassbourg...   

Edited by puipuitom

3 hours ago, vinny41 said:

British consumers taste have changed over the years remember the UK also has 4 million Europeans who also like fish.

in recent years fish and chips shops have been stocking Vietnamese pangasius

And I am sure there are more markets that are interested in buying British fish outside of the UK excluding Europe

For sure, in a couple of yours the British will have found new users, markets and export destinations for herring, mackerel and a lot of fish products now exported to the EU, but then.. the British fishermen are all bankrupt.

see Fact Check: is 80% of UK fish given away to the rest of Europe? (theconversation.com)

Although some fish, such as haddock are mainly eaten in the UK, a lot of shellfish from British waters is exported to EU countries. The vast majority of our scallop catch – the UK’s third most valuable fishery – goes to France and Belgium. Likewise Spain and Portugal take a lot of our crabs and prawns.

Trade insights: More than 70% of UK seafood exports go to EU - Undercurrent News

Export or move fish to the EU or NI from 1 January 2021 | nibusinessinfo.co.uk

• UK fish exports to the EU27 in 2018 by fish type | Statista

I export seafood from Great Britain — Seafish

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

we call it "kwik service"  ( mercury service, causes brain damage.... oh... now I understand ) 

Edited by puipuitom

5 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Fishing with submarines ? ????

Further to @billd766's answer; This caught my eye a few days ago and is rather more current than your link from 2016:

Fifth hunter-killer submarine named Anson

Anson, the Royal Navy's latest Astute Class attack submarine, has officially been named in a virtual ceremony at BAE Systems' Barrow-in-Furness shipyard today.

& here's a related reason why the ???????????????????????????? aren't going anywhere:

Red letter day for Royal Navy in Scotland

Marked by construction of a building hall for the next-generation Type 31 frigates and naming of the fifth Clyde-bound Astute Class submarine Anson

HTH

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1

(And it isn't even 1 January 2021 yet ???? )

Five-mile lorry queues in Kent as businesses prepare for Christmas and Brexit
Businesses are stockpiling goods to avoid disruption to cross-Channel deliveries from 1 January

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/dec/19/five-miles-lorry-queues-in-kent-as-businesses-prepare-for-christmas-and-brexit

Molly Blackall
Sat 19 Dec 2020 14.45 GMTFirst published on Sat 19 Dec 2020 12.59 GMT

Brexit uncertainty on top of the usual volume of Christmas traffic have caused huge queues in Kent, with a line of lorries stretched five miles up the M20 as they head for the Eurotunnel.

https://youtu.be/yZoEPfwBQlo

2020-12-19_222142.png

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Loiner said:

There must be as much panic in the EU as the Euros here on TVF. 

Looks like your Red Cross parcels and vittles from the U.K. could be late this year.  Or are you all stocking up on toilet roll and pasta?

2 weeks ago I received a warning from my favourite .co.uk...explaining how things would be different /unconvenient after december 31st... so I passed some additional orders which were delivered (EU) within 3 days!

but I'll miss 

Le Brexit risque de priver les Français de sandwiches M&S