Bangkok Bank App access probs.

Bualuang banking app (Bangkok Bank) is asking for dob for access. It uses one of those calenders, and starts from 2005 with lower and higher arrows to press. The arrows allow for one monthly increments only. There is no fast scroll through anywhere. I have to get to 1953 but the system times out long before, even with rapid tapping. What do I do? I am overseas at present so cannot visit my branch.

6 minutes ago, johnnort said:

The arrows allow for one monthly increments only. There is no fast scroll through anywhere. I have to get to 1953 but the system times out long before, even with rapid tapping. What do I do? I am overseas at present so cannot visit my branch.

How about press and hold on the monthly scroll arrows?

Yup, had same issue when I changed my mobile the other day and needed to reload the BBank app. Same year as well:biggrin:

I remembered the issue from a few months back when the app was inadvertently deleted and I needed to have it reset. At that time I was a bit slow at reaching 1953 and was also timed out. Managed it on the 2nd attempt with a bit of an effort.

This time around I was ready for the challenge and hit the ground running. Success!! Reckon that in a few years, unless they make an adjustment to their app, I will need to enlist the help of my grandkids to put their game skills to the test.

Also reloaded a number of my UK banking apps. Most were OK but a couple gave me problems.

Capital One insisted upon inputting a UK post code that matched my address on their records. As that is a Thai address, the local postcode is not accepted. Will need to contact their helpline. Interestingly Nationwide get around that problem by having an overseas address box to be ticked for the same postcode request.

First Direct need a digital secure code. Which is fine (the old gizmo expired recently so that was no help), except my old mobile did not support the latest FD upgrade so I had no way to generate the DSC. Another helpline call required.

Also updated 4/5 others. A couple needed video shots and passport copies and most required OTP's. Having a UK mobile helps as some don't support Thai mobiles for that check.

When doing the video based checks it brought to mind the antiquated way that the UK operate their 'proof of life' check for those receiving the state pension and based outside UK. Stone age describes the current process. 

Edited by dabhand

1 minute ago, Halfaboy said:

I think the difference is that I logon using my laptop. I did not install the app on my phone.

OK - using the ibanking website as opposed to mbanking app, I too enter user id and password only.  Just tried both out and they're working OK for me.  I was not asked for my date of birth on either.

• Like 1