MSG in food - really nothing to worry about

TimBKK

On 12/22/2020 at 4:14 AM, from the home of CC said:

Carefully designed research shows MSG does not cause allergic reactions. For example, a multicenter placebo-controlled study did not find any side effects when monosodium glutamate was given with food. Further, the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology has stated that MSG is not an allergen.

Were those anything like the carefully designed studies that, for decades, showed that smoking was not addictive, asbestos was perfectly safe, and Roundup doesn't have any ill effects?

Follow the money.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 9:55 PM, Airalee said:

I found that I have an allergic reaction to it if I eat it too much...so for me, it’s nice to have that warning.  I certainly wouldn’t want to see it banned because not everybody is as unfortunate as me and it sure makes the food taste better,

Your allergy is the  basis of the original reason to require the warning of or  proclamation of non  content. Either is a compulsory requirement in many  countries.

Probably not as  urgent in terms  of allergic sensitivity as similar warnings of possible  "nut" content.

I agree with the requirement. Here in Thailand  they spoon it in to some  food  to a level where if I eat it  I get a severe  dose of the squirts  within hours.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...