PHOTOS: Here’s what Pattaya looks like when there is an alcohol ban

webfact

Goes to prove that Pattaya (still) is fuelled by "Wine Woman and Song". The 3 pillars that Pattaya is built on. Take away 1 of those "pillars" and the 2 others will crumble simultainiously.

No, it's not the Temples, nor the shopping, nor the clean beaches.:smile:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I read the same in a number of places.

Ban in all provinces except Bangkok and Pattaya.

I live out on the Darkside of Pattaya, for the past 2 or 3 weeks we've had the pickups with ear shattering loudspeakers from 9.00 am till late afternoon giving it the full Monty to vote for their choice of candidate, the local mom n pop shop said we could buy beer but not drink out front, that blows a big hole in your statement.

10 hours ago, ronnie round head said:

looks to me like a night out in england just the same

Dunno where you're from, perhaps dodgy London burb, but typically signs in Thai script, cheap corrugated roofs, and en-masse scooters is not the norm. The powers that be also don't ban drink when any sort of election is on (including local ones). That'd be bordering on totalitarianism wouldn't it? Never mind, ronnie round brain.

13 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Why do the press keep on about poor old Pattaya ? There are 1000's of towns all over the world that are having the same problem without tourists. The big difference is that most of the other places are worth visiting, not so Pattaya !!

I don't know, but maybe the fact it's Thai "press" not Spanish or British or American might give you a hint :coffee1:

13 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I read the same in a number of places.

Ban in all provinces except Bangkok and Pattaya.

They did not have an election for Mayor. They still vote for Chonburi provincial chief(pattaya) and provincial council members. Not saying it isn't a  stupid  ban though.

19 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Why do the press keep on about poor old Pattaya ? There are 1000's of towns all over the world that are having the same problem without tourists. The big difference is that most of the other places are worth visiting, not so Pattaya !!

Well except for Rhyl, Great Yarmouth, Blackpool, Cleethorpes, Grimsby, Redcar, Southport..... darn it, Pattaya is GREAT!