Internet connectivity to USA Issues

stament

I'm trying to sign-up for an app based in USA called basecamp (a software app) but I am unable to.  When I ran some tests I was advised that there was some connectivity issues with the US and wondered if anyone else has experienced this issue.  I don't want to have to use a VPN to use this US based software application.  I can access the landing page no problem, but when I try to sign-up it freezes and won't go to the next page.  I've tried this in different browsers too.

Any IT experts out there?  Wondered if this was a specific issue for the software or a generic US connectivity issue.

Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, tonray said:

experiencing zero USA internet connectivity issues. Perhaps a security issue when the software/site sees you are from overseas address

The software company told me this:

"I ran an outbound trace to your IP address, and it looks like there's some packet loss. That indicates an issue with your connection to us. We've had a few reports of users in Thailand having trouble with network routes from ISPs in Thailand to Basecamp's servers in the United States recently.

I recommend contacting your ISP and reporting this to them so they can investigate your connection routes from your location to Basecamp's servers in the United States.

You could also try using a different internet connection or a VPN (if available) to see if you can create a new Basecamp account at https://basecamp.com/signup. I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear, but I hope that clarifies things."

I've contacted our internet providers 3BB and TOT and they say there is no issue.....

1 hour ago, stament said:

I'm trying to sign-up for an app based in USA called basecamp (a software app) but I am unable to.  When I ran some tests I was advised that there was some connectivity issues with the US and wondered if anyone else has experienced this issue.  I don't want to have to use a VPN to use this US based software application.  I can access the landing page no problem, but when I try to sign-up it freezes and won't go to the next page.  I've tried this in different browsers too.

Any IT experts out there?  Wondered if this was a specific issue for the software or a generic US connectivity issue.

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps reconsider a free vpn that is available?

5 hours ago, stament said:

The software company told me this:

"I ran an outbound trace to your IP address, and it looks like there's some packet loss. That indicates an issue with your connection to us. We've had a few reports of users in Thailand having trouble with network routes from ISPs in Thailand to Basecamp's servers in the United States recently.

I recommend contacting your ISP and reporting this to them so they can investigate your connection routes from your location to Basecamp's servers in the United States.

You could also try using a different internet connection or a VPN (if available) to see if you can create a new Basecamp account at https://basecamp.com/signup. I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear, but I hope that clarifies things."

I've contacted our internet providers 3BB and TOT and they say there is no issue.....

Where's @richcor when you need him?

(Probably spelt it wrong).

Come to think of it my VPN has issues with content adds.

So I can watch a show from another country and sound and vision good until the adds come, then some content that should be first comes last and sound and vision content get mixed up, so it makes sense that the data 1s and 0s in packets must be being corrupted or the signalling that a packet is coming gets stuffed up. 

So the corruption wouldn't be at the source before it feeds to the country VPN server but maybe here in Thailand? 

I don't know, Rich would. 

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Just tried a sign-up from 3BB fiber.

Entered a "spare/test" name/email and get to the password entry.

No problem to this point.

I stopped there.

Many thanks, it also worked from my mobile (sorry I've been in meetings so wasn't able to post the update) which leads me to believe some settings on our work laptops are causing the issue. 

Many thanks all

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stament said:

Thanks all,

As it seems to be a restriction on our work laptops, (since using work wifi on my mobile worked) would any IT experts hazard a guess on what is exactly blocking me when I use my work laptop?

Many thanks all

Probably the corporate firewall blocking the sign up page as suspicious website.

• Thanks 1