No national lockdown in Thailand: Prayut

webfact

9 hours ago, connda said:

You'll cave within the month.  Start jamming cotton-tipped wire swabs down the throats of all the citizens in Thailand and you'll find that you have a pandemic and you'll need to lock the entire country down and destroy the economy.   Come on Prayut.  Step up to the plate and conform to world standards of testing.  

Absolutely spot on. I salute you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

you would know that the new variants are more infectious, more worrying and pass quicker through the community because they reproduce quicker and therefore pass on a higher viral load when expelled. 

I will skip over your trollish (and reportable) ad hominem remarks because the issues here are more important. How exactly is this new virus varient (all biological organisms are mutating at the genomic level all the time) "more infectious" than before? Do you know the actual mechanism that's operating or what change has occurred to make this so...or are you just repeating the writing and opinions of uninformed reporters and headline writers? Also..."more worring" is that a medical or scientific term that describes a virus?

No virologist has said thd new variant "reproduce[s] quicker," whatever that means, and passes quicker through a population because infected people expel more virus. Infected people with "old" or new virus strains expel ser amounts depending on their stage of infection and what activity they are doing. This media and political driven hysteria over this new viral variant is not backed by science. Mr. Johnson is attempting to CYA himself by using this new strain as an excuse to shutdown Christmas and New Years gatherings...something he was reluctant to do before and now knows he should have...because the pandemic is a thing...whether it's old or new virus.

And as I said before, the preventive steps are also the same...masks, handwashing, physical distancing, and crowd avoidance (and the vaccine when available, which also isn't affected by this new "more infectious" virus strain. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Muzzique said:

Only that it can get inside your cells easier in order to replicate and beat the natural defenses. The odds of anyone exposed to the virus catching it are increased.

Infected cells can also produce a higher payload of new virus copies into your body so the speed of the virus spread in your body may increase making you contagious in a shorter time from infection.

I have not read that the biological mechanism for viral entry into the cell (the t-cell receptors) is different with this new variant...if this were true, it would be a new virus "strain, " and all the current vaccines, which focus on interrupting the t-cell receptors, would be ineffective. This indeed would be news.

5 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I have not read that the biological mechanism for viral entry into the cell (the t-cell receptors) is different with this new variant...if this were true, it would be a new virus "strain, " and all the current vaccines, which focus on interrupting the t-cell receptors, would be ineffective. This indeed would be news.

Viruses do mutate, what they don't know now is if the vaccines they have so far will be effective on the new strain. They don't even know how effective their vaccines will be, they don't know if vaccinated people will be spreaders, they never tested the vaccine on people who have allergic problems. 

Ivermectin has been proved to be a very effective treatment, at 20 cents a dose it won't make it past GO. 

You Tube have taken down the research presentation, Top medical professionals have made research trials and papers available to the senate, the presentation was filmed and went out over Fox news, meanwhile the psychopaths in charge push the vaccine that they are not sure of. 

Dr Fauci does not acknowledge Ivermectin or mention its name. 

Fauci who advises the USA has interest in Moderna. 

Go figure. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, webfact said:

No national lockdown in Thailand: Prayut

Tvisa_breakingnewsbanner.jpg

Prime minister Prayut said on Thursday there is no national lockdown order planned for Thailand, although the government will “intensify” measures following the outbreak of COVID-19 in Samut Sakhon.

Speculation had mounted in recent days that Thailand would be plunged into lockdown after more than 1,000 cases had been reported in the country since Saturday, the majority of which are linked to an outbreak amongst migrant workers in Samut Sakhon.

However, speaking ahead of the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration briefing, the PM said there were no plans to place the whole country in lockdown.

Instead, a new category system will be implemented in order to declare areas of risk throughout the country.

Red [Highly controlled]: High infection rate and at more than 1 location. 

Orange [Controlled areas]: Located close to the red zone or more than 10 cases or growing rate of infections

Yellow [Under high surveillance]: Less than 10 cases

Green [Under surveillance]: No cases

Provinces in Red zone [Highly controlled]

Samut Sakhon - requires urgent contact tracing, use of tracing apps, restriction of business opening times, close of non-essential business and cancellation of events and public gatherings. Check points remain in place. 

Provinces in Orange zone [Controlled areas]: 

Samut Songkhram, Ratchaburi, Nakhon Pathom & Bangkok - No cross-provincial movement of migrant workers. Mass events are discouraged, but not banned, 

Provinces in Yellow zone [Under high surveillance]

Angthong Ayutthaya, Chachoengsao, Chainat, Chaiyaphum, Kamphaeng Phet, Khon Kaen, Krabi, Nakhon Ratchasima, Nakhon Sawan,Nonthaburi,Pathum Thani, Petchaburi, Phetchabun, Phichit, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Phuket, Prachinburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Samut Prakan, Saraburi, Suphanburi, Surat Thani, Udon Thani, Uttaradit - Less restrictive than previous measures, people advised to work from home where possible but not mandatory.

Provinces in Green zone [Under surveillance]:

All remaining provinces - Regular COVID-19 measures in place

At the time of posting there has been no announcement regarding restrictions on the sale of alcohol or the closing of bars, pubs or restaurants. Any restrictions of this kind are only likely if a province is determined to be a ‘red zone’.

Meanwhile, it has also been announced that the CCSA will resume its English language briefings from today (24 Dec).

** This is a developing story. This post will be updated without notice

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-24

I wish Prayut would come  to Australia and take over as premier of Queensland au. If there is 1 case of covid in any other state our stupid paranoid premier slams the borders shut.

59 minutes ago, wavodavo said:

I wish Prayut would come  to Australia and take over as premier of Queensland au. If there is 1 case of covid in any other state our stupid paranoid premier slams the borders shut.

I think he’d be a good prime minister in most western countries 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Truth Will Set You Free said:

What about Chonburi. My Thai friend said they announce on TV of two cases in Chonburi.!!???????????????????????????????? They have a lot of workers in Pattaya that are not Thai’s. Are you should none has slip down to Pattaya too? 

Not just Pattaya. I live jut outside Chonburi city and most of the building labourers ar foreign, mainly Burmese.

When I go to Sri Ratcha immigration there is always a great queue of Burmese waiting to get in.

Better to stay at home if you want to avoid migrants.

• Like 1

I live in a green area, but we have many Tourists arrive from the others, I won't be going out unnecessarily, Offered to take wifey to our favorite pub tonight (a rare offer), good band and food, " No not want go, Covid. dangerous!" she is one of the health volunteers, and for once i trust her judgment, also very rare :cheesy:

• Like 1

On 12/25/2020 at 9:46 AM, sandyf said:

Remind us, how did mass testing improve the US and UK figures.

Re-read my post, the lack of testing is improving the figures here.

UK tests per million: 767,826

Thai tests per million: 17,427

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jake72 said:

Re-read my post, the lack of testing is improving the figures here.

UK tests per million: 767,826

Thai tests per million: 17,427

Just answer the question, how did mass testing improve the covid situation in the western countries?

Of course you are perfectly free to believe that targeted testing = a lack of testing, what a xenophobe would think.

18 hours ago, sandyf said:

Just answer the question, how did mass testing improve the covid situation in the western countries?

Of course you are perfectly free to believe that targeted testing = a lack of testing, what a xenophobe would think.

I never said it improved the situation, where did you get that from? but I will say that it provides a much better overview of the situation.

Also what's with the ad hominem? It doesn't exactly help whatever argument you are trying to make.

6 hours ago, Jake72 said:

I never said it improved the situation, where did you get that from? but I will say that it provides a much better overview of the situation.

Also what's with the ad hominem? It doesn't exactly help whatever argument you are trying to make.

The xenophobes will never accept that closed borders and target testing was a better policy than open borders and mass testing, their only recourse is to call the government liars.

If the cap fits wear it.

Only the delusional can claim closing the borders was not a good move.

Hundreds of British holidaymakers who were meant to be self-isolating at a Swiss ski resort have reportedly broken quarantine and some have reportedly travelled to France.

Many stayed in quarantine for just one day before leaving undetected under cover of darkness, it was reported.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-uk-news-update-tier-4-vaccine-cases-b1779217.html

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

The xenophobes will never accept that closed borders and target testing was a better policy than open borders and mass testing, their only recourse is to call the government liars.

If the cap fits wear it.

Only the delusional can claim closing the borders was not a good move.

Hundreds of British holidaymakers who were meant to be self-isolating at a Swiss ski resort have reportedly broken quarantine and some have reportedly travelled to France.

Many stayed in quarantine for just one day before leaving undetected under cover of darkness, it was reported.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/coronavirus-uk-news-update-tier-4-vaccine-cases-b1779217.html

You sure are using a lot of strawmen and ad hominem, I guess you can't argue without them.