UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

“But we will have happy British fish with blue passports.”

You bet 

Here are the 3 solutions for the British SMEs

Moss had three options

First, he could bite the bullet and pay the VAT himself on behalf of customers in the EU. But this would mean running at a huge loss and was not possible for the long term.

Second, he could stop all exports to the EU – but this would reduce the size of his business overnight and mean that years of hard work finding customers abroad had been for nothing.

Or third, he could set up and register a company in the EU, ship all his goods out once a week to avoid the delays and individual Brexit-related payments, and distribute his goods from there. The European branch of his company could then pay the VAT and claim it back from the government of whichever EU member state it was based in.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/23/a-brexit-nightmare-the-british-businesses-being-pushed-to-breaking-point

The rest of the story is detailed , including when he contacted his local MP, warning her that if no help was offered he would have to “sack lots of people”

Edited by Hi from France
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

You bet 

Here are the 3 solutions for the British SMEs

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/23/a-brexit-nightmare-the-british-businesses-being-pushed-to-breaking-point

The rest of the story is detailed , including when he contacted his local MP, warning her that if no help was offered he would have to “sack lots of people”

“If I have got to recruit two people in Holland, and let two people go here, that hurts,” he says. 

Come on, Moss you must have two Brexiters on your payroll, just explain them they are "free" now, and this is what they voted for. I'm sure they will understand 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Because all agreements are the same? Or because you haven’t read it? If you don’t like the conditions of the agreement, why did you sign up for it? (Newsflash: an agreement is something that two parties agree together, it’s isn’t something that’s imposed onto you.)

...says the person who refers to others as “pathetic”, “utterly infantile” and “like a bunch of spoilt kids in a playground”. ???? 

If we don’t like the conditions of the agreement we can scrap it (according to the agreement).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

And she's also a bitter loser who will say anything to trash Brexit (just like most remainers and europhiles) 

expanding a bit on that,

she and some disappointed remainers her and there, not least on TVF, strong lovers of UK and the remaining bits and

pieces of the empire,

now do their best to rubbish their nationstate and kick it down in the mud

how can BJ or ano other PM (Starmer or similar) run a country with such a crew?

time the foggy islanders get their act together

From the Telegraph (Brexiter newspaper, but not a bunch of BS like a tabloid) pretty serious articles, save they announced that Barnier was fired last September 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/01/24/half-trucks-carrying-fresh-air-brexit-covid-hit-exports/

The good news for the EU is that the UK is not exporting, but still importing. 

“This is going to seriously affect the UK economy unless some action is taken,” Mr Burnett said.

On Thursday the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply said that shops will start to run out stock “within weeks” if chaos does not abate. The institute revealed 60pc of its members are reporting problems at the border that were delaying imports, sometimes for days. 

Now this increasingly looks like a devaluation of the pound is coming, no? 

Screenshot_20210124-213658_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Hi from France
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

No mention of any devaluation of the pound in the news article Can only assume this is another one of your wild inaccurate statements that you continue to make without any foundation or sources to support your ludicrous claims

No mention in his comment that the article said so, can only assume this is another one of your wild inaccurate statements that you continue to make without any foundation or sources to support your ludicrous claims. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

No mention in his comment that the article said so, can only assume this is another one of your wild inaccurate statements that you continue to make without any foundation or sources to support your ludicrous claims. 

Suggest you re-read the post as he clearly states Now this increasingly looks like a devaluation of the pound is coming, no?  and doesn't provide anything to support that claim

1 minute ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

What do you think does the word “this” in his post mean? 

So if I post Now this increasingly looks like a devaluation of the euro is coming

You will have no problem with that and I don't need to provide any source to backup that statement

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Suggest you re-read the post as he clearly states Now this increasingly looks like a anything like podevaluation of the pound is coming, no?  and doesn't provide anything to support that claim

I know many people are collectors of things like poststamps or dinky toys cars ...

But first time i notice now a "link collector" is amoungst us ...????

O.K. for articles ....but from a persons opinion or thoughts ....becomes ridicolous....????

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

I know many people are collectors of things like poststamps or dinky toys cars ...

But first time i notice now a "link collector" is amoungst us ...????

O.K. for articles ....but from a persons opinion or thoughts ....becomes ridicolous....????

I thought you were our resident Brexit dilemma link man, Dave......:cowboy:...............:thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

So if I post Now this increasingly looks like a devaluation of the euro is coming

You will have no problem with that and I don't need to provide any source to backup that statement

No we just would call it ...."project fear mongering ...."

That Famous brexiteers line we use then in such case ????

• Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

I thought you were our resident Brexit dilemma link man, Dave......:cowboy:...............:thumbsup:

Of course as i quote/ copy paste an article ...yes ! as is required...????

not ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/22/meps-vote-to-add-channel-and-british-virgin-islands-to-tax-haven-blacklist

Tax havens

MEPs vote to add Channel and British Virgin Islands to tax haven blacklist

UK overseas territories such as Cayman Islands also may lose protection once afforded by UK’s EU membership

Richard Partington

@RJPartington

Fri 22 Jan 2021 16.3

The European parliament is pushing for UK overseas territories including the British Virgin Islands, Guernsey and Jersey to be added to an EU tax havens blacklist after the conclusion of the Brexit deal.

Sending a signal that tougher action on tax avoidance was required in response to the coronavirus pandemic, MEPs voted overwhelmingly in favour of adding more nations and territories to the list of non-cooperative jurisdictions.

Edited by david555
  • Like 1