UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

14 hours ago, candide said:

Sources gave been provided many times on this forum.

Here's a few from a few seconds long search on Google:

Thanks.

Your own highlighted reference states the UK agreements are "broadly equivalent", i.e NOT identical, and not simply cut and paste jobs, as you, and other remainers, would imply...

Well done! ????

• Like 1

https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/27/astrazeneca-row-could-spark-an-eu-uk-vaccine-trade-war-warns-mep

AstraZeneca row could spark an EU-UK vaccine trade war, warns MEP

By Euronews  •   27/01/2021 - 23:18

Pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca could spark a UK-EU trade war unless it changes course over its vaccine supply row with Brussels, an MEP has warned.

more....

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Tofer said:

Then why does the EU want the ones from the UK, and propose controlling any exports from the EU?

Oh , my option would be what is produced in U.K. is U.K.'s own ....,

But if E.U. has to protect his citizens and can not have enough vaccine .... at least they should seal the borders for any U.K. passage  except for those who wish to go back to their respective country , as then E .U. has to protect 100% sealed of from that nasty U.K. Corona mutated  one , .... by 100 % sealing of borders i mean ALL transport possibility's including Ferry's and the Channel rail , as that is our only defense until enough vaccine available ..... on E.U. soil  any vaccine can be confiscated / seizable ,  based on health risk for population 

call it self defense...or preservation of population !

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, david555 said:

Oh , my option would be what is produced in U.K. is U.K.'s own ....,

But if E.U. has to protect his citizens and can not have enough vaccine .... at least they should seal the borders for any U.K. passage  except for those who wish to go back to their respective country , as then E .U. has to protect 100% sealed of from that nasty U.K. Corona mutated  one , .... by 100 % sealing of borders i mean ALL transport possibility's including Ferry's and the Channel rail , as that is our only defense until enough vaccine available ..... on E.U. soil  any vaccine can be confiscated / seizable ,  based on health risk for population 

call it self defense...or preservation of population !

Then take back your EU citizens from the UK, and vaccinate them as well.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

So what you are suggesting is that the 4 million European nationals living in the UK should be denied the vaccine purely based on theo nationality 

does anyone remember sinilar policies 80 years ago what is the old saying a leopard never changes its spots

No , i just say each for their own .... Justas said by abandoning ship ...

As not possible to get enough vaccine ,at least keep the risk for tat dangerous U.K. variety away by sealing of THAT danger what your Boris underestimated by not early enough closing flight to come in ... 

Simple 

Dont give it a twist to E.U. in U.K.   up to them to be there or not 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

Just now, Tofer said:

We already knew the EU don't know how to negotiate without bullying, strong arm and punishment tactics, and here you go, proving that point....

That's why you are now all so happy with Boris deal  ..... isn't ????

Don't worry we shall defend our vaccination possibility  .... no doubt about that , at all means and actions  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

how good is your maths 4 million EU citizens in the UK 1 million UK citizens in Europe so more EU citizens in the UK 

O.K. if your matts are better , same thing to do , tit for that ..., i am not n accountant , but a good strategist  ..... 

BTW  your only 1 millions U.K. is a very low estimation , unless many choose double nationality ....????

Maybe Macron have to let you feel once more  what it means to be an Island state .... like with Christmas ..... as Boris quickly signed ...????

Edited by david555
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

https://www.euronews.com/2021/01/27/astrazeneca-row-could-spark-an-eu-uk-vaccine-trade-war-warns-mep

AstraZeneca row could spark an EU-UK vaccine trade war, warns MEP

By Euronews  •   27/01/2021 - 23:18

Pharmaceutical giant AstraZeneca could spark a UK-EU trade war unless it changes course over its vaccine supply row with Brussels, an MEP has warned.

more....

German MEP Peter Liese hasn't really thought this one through

"I think the only consequence can be to immediately stop the export of the BioNTech vaccine and then we are in the middle of a trade war. So, the company and the UK better think twice."

We see that Europe is not treated well, not from the United States and not from the UK, and then we have to show our weapons. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

German MEP Peter Liese hasn't really thought this one through

"I think the only consequence can be to immediately stop the export of the BioNTech vaccine and then we are in the middle of a trade war. So, the company and the UK better think twice."

We see that Europe is not treated well, not from the United States and not from the UK, and then we have to show our weapons. 

A German who does not "think through "? ....????????????

Edited by david555

19 minutes ago, david555 said:

O.K. if your matts are better , same thing to do , tit for that ..., i am not n accountant , but a good strategist  ..... 

BTW  your only 1 millions U.K. is a very low estimation , unless many choose double nationality ....????

Maybe Macron have to let you feel once more  what it means to be an Island state .... like with Christmas ..... as Boris quickly signed ...????

Desperation from your side again, The EU wants vaccine produced in the UK and Macron would block entry to that vaccine as previously stated both you and the German MEP haven't really thought this one through

Edited by vinny41
additional info
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Tofer said:

Thanks.

Your own highlighted reference states the UK agreements are "broadly equivalent", i.e NOT identical, and not simply cut and paste jobs, as you, and other remainers, would imply...

Well done! ????

Splitting hairs?

21 minutes ago, Tofer said:

Read my earlier post and try a bit harder to understand, it said specifically - "identical".....

In a lexical sense you may be right. From a strategic point of view, however, they are rollover or continuity deals , except the Japan deal which is only very similar. Same countries as before and more or less the same content, so no new opportunity resulting from the new 'freedom'.

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

So you and the German MEP are suggesting  any vaccine produced on European soil should be for Europeans only

yet  AstraZeneca's delay was caused by production issues at a plant in Belgium

and yet the EU seeks access to AstraZeneca's Covid-19 vaccines produced at UK plants

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20210127-eu-seeks-access-to-astrazeneca-s-covid-19-vaccines-produced-at-uk-plants

I assume you would have no issue if the UK deployed the SAS outside the AstraZeneca plants in the UK and simply impounded any vaccine that was being exported to Europe

Read my former comment ...where i said what is produced in U.K. is yours

....but dont count on what is produced in the E.U....when your U.K. astra zeneca  fails to deliver the amounts agreed ...

Take good purpose of that produced in U.K.????

You can vaccinate those SAS already with it ...????....BTW are that those ones from soi buakhao ????

SAS ????...spoken about a brexit buncher taking things out of proportion

....E.U.ASTRA ZENECA  production would do .....

Do U.K. also have a Pfizer production plant ...? I guess not...????

• Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, candide said:

In a lexical sense you may be right. From a strategic point of view, however, they are rollover or continuity deals , except the Japan deal which is only very similar. Same countries as before and more or less the same content, so no new opportunity resulting from the new 'freedom'.

Put your shovel away, that holes getting deeper.... ????

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Tofer said:

Put your shovel away, that holes getting deeper.... ????

So the sentence you wrote, which was at the start of this discussion, wasn't intended to show that UK was benefiting from new opportunities resulting from its new freedom?

What was the meaning then? The freedom to get part of the same benefits as before?

Quote from your post

"Freedom to trade world wide, without the restrictions imposed by the EU - 63 new trade deals to date and increasing....."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A poster has mentioned the so-called UK variant of covid-19 with a clear implication that the UK was the cause of the variant. However it is more than likely that the reason for initial discovery being in the UK is more to do with the advanced genomic testing that is recognised as being a UK specialty. 

What might be more telling, in terms of where the variant originated, it was first discovered in Kent. Hmmm. 

This BBC article provides some background.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55413666

As for the current AZ/EU spat, this Guardian opinion piece is rather more circumspect that usual in that it actually suggests that the EU is not faultless. Now, that is definitely a 'shock / horror' moment for that normally extreme EU centric rag.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/27/eu-vaccine-bust-up-astrazeneca

• Thanks 2