UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

5 minutes ago, Tofer said:

I think you'll find the majority of the terms are free trade agreements, unlike those of the EU.

What was it - 87% tariff on NZ beef?

Oh...! you understood apparently my answer wrong .... i really think the E.U. is proud U.K. still to follow..., / use..., / rubberstamp..., / those E.U. rules as "U.K. certified ones " ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Tofer so happy he's got vaccinations to crow about, at last! one over the EU! Apart from that it's all bad news for the UK regarding Brexit and it will continue to be. Even the Nissan / Sunderland story wasn't a 'win' , just a 'Well, thank god they're not leaving.'

Reminds me of supporting Hull City football club when they were in the Premier League. A draw was a relief!

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, bannork said:

Tofer so happy he's got vaccinations to crow about, at last! one over the EU!

Got nothing to do with crowing, just pointing out that we are better off outside the inefficient EU bureaucracy.

2 hours ago, bannork said:

Apart from that it's all bad news for the UK regarding Brexit and it will continue to be.

A somewhat exaggerated statement, and are we relying on crystal balls again?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Tofer said:

I doubt very much they are identical, or do you have the details to prove it?

Easy target the government, aren't they.... Of course it's got nothing to do with the stupid, selfish and inconsiderate people who ignore the lockdown rules and protection advice. A friend in UK tells me a group of 400 people were caught holding a rave recently - did the government organise that as well?

And what about all the coppers at bethnal green who got fined for organising a mass haircut in the nick?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tofer said:

We're not waiting around for vaccinations, unlike the EU...

Oh, sorry, the French didn't manage to produce one yet....

Say the man who complain about  the E.U. is ....gloating   ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tofer said:

We're not waiting around for vaccinations, unlike the EU...

Oh, sorry, the French didn't manage to produce one yet....

What planet do you live on ? The Uk started with the a vaccine created by a German startup (BioNTech) and produced in Belgium (in Puurs) and that the Brexit deal we are talking about here caused huge logistical problems to get to the UK.

.... You also know that, as of yesterday, there are considerable doubts on the efficiency of Oxford-AstraZaneca, who could be as low as 8% on the elderly.

An article in German business daily Handelsblatt had reported that the German government was expecting the European Medicines Agency’s (EMA) assessment to show the AstraZeneca vaccine to be only 8% effective among the over-65s, describing it a “setback for Berlin’s vaccination strategy”.

Germany challenges AstraZeneca Covid vaccine efficacy reports

What planet do you live on ? a petty nationalist one ? ????

Edited by Hi from France
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

30 minutes ago, kingdong said:

and i ordered some parts from poland while we were in the eu,turned out they were gash and not as described,could have got a far superior product from the state s .

A one-off bad product against what is now standard practice. 

Yeah, that makes your argument.

PH

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phulublub said:

An entire world that is just falling over itself to trade with UK.  Meanwhile countless businesses are having huge difficulty in continuing to trade with our nearest and biggest market; some are shutting up shop, others opening branches abroad so they can continue. 

But you knew what you were voting for.

PH

Shutting up shop?you ain,t seen nothing yet,haven,t you heard about the corona pandemic?