UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

18 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Those already living there can stay as long as they want , those who have holiday homes there can go for three months at a time , nothing has changed .

Those who have holiday homes there only stay for a few weeks or a few months 

OK, @overherebc; see what you mean. I should have read further before responding.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, CorpusChristie said:

Yeah like, cannot work in any job they want (like in the UK) , working in Thailand is restricted, as in, cannot work in any job you want to do, like, in the UK 

You are wrong; again. I refer you to the link in my previous.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, kingdong said:

I own the land i,m standing on.

An Englishman's home is his castle!

Until the government want it for HS2, third Heathrow runway etc., or your local authority want it to build a by-pass or shopping centre etc.!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

What a shambles. Thank **** we're out of it. 

So you believe democratic institutions making the decisions to be a shambles!

Do you think the same of our very similar institutions here in the UK? 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

Why are you getting all excited about Gibraltar now? Do you think we give t0$$ about that? 

You obviously don't care about what the Gibraltarians wish; but as a patriotic and democratic Brit, I do give a toss about Gibraltar!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:
21 hours ago, 473geo said:

Used to see them on UK manufactured tractors, no more

And British manufacturing was destroyed by?

Nearly 4 of every 5 new tractors in the UK come from just 3 giants

The data shows that John Deere was in poll position, with 3,915 units (28.4%).

Next up was New Holland, with 2,180 units (15.8%), followed in third place by Massey Ferguson with 1,973 units (14.3%).

John Deere are American owned; New Holland are American/Italian owned; Massey Ferguson, although originally UK/Canadian owned, is now American owned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

We could, and did, both import and export fish from outside the EU when we were a member.

See Section 4: Trade starting on page 49 of UK Sea Fisheries Statistics 2019.

Of course, that trade was carried out under the EU's agreements; we will need to make new agreements with the countries concerned.

I wonder how many of those countries will suddenly want to buy more fish from us rather than continue to trade with the EU under existing agreements.

On your last point depends on whos cheaper.theres no loyalty or sympathy in trade and politics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’m an engineer and I’ve worked in Thailand with many Thai engineers (apparently they could do the job my job so how could I have possibly obtained a work permit?)

Perhaps because they could get away with paying you less than the going rate,like what happens (presently) in the uk.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, luckyluke said:

It had always been the opinion from some in Europe that the E.U. was run by Germany,  the United  Kingdom, and France ( May somewhere be logical, these 3 countries having the biggest GDP )

The United Kingdom having left, those believe that it is now of course  only France & Germany which are the ones ruling. 

Should be interesting when the other countries are told to increase their financial contribution to make up for uks shortfall,i thought the eu were going to " fine " the uk for daring to leave,what happened there?

• Like 1

https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/soon-we-will-finally-be-able-to-have-an-informed-debate-about-europe

Cheer up. I bring good news. The Second World War will soon be over.

To be precise, it will be over for Britain. It ended long ago for the rest of Europe–not just the fighting but dealing with its aftermath.

For most of western Europe, the biggest step towards shaping the future was signing the Treaty of Rome in 1957. For Greece, Spain and Portugal, it was shedding fascism in the mid-1970s. For eastern Europe, it was the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.

But so far, Britain has had no such moment of liberation, catharsis or soul-searching. We won the war, after all

Screenshot_20201226-153709_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Should be interesting when the other countries are told to increase their financial contribution to make up for uks shortfall,i thought the eu were going to " fine " the uk for daring to leave,what happened there?

Indeed, and especially what concrete impact it will have on the daily life of the man in the street.

We will find out next year, I assume.

I suppose this "fine" is somewhere included in the deal, or than simply  ignored. 

We can only speculate, as I don't think we will ever find out.

• Haha 2