UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well that is progress. As you have clearly stated many times English is not your first language.  I don't understand some of your posts but I get that one. ????

Actually it was perfectly understandable. Maybe your a bit bias when you read posts.

He says that he does not believe the EU is corrupt but shows a guardian article that says it corrupt. Just to show what kind of B.S. newspaper the guardian is and that its information is not to be trusted. Maybe its you who is mistaken.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Actually it was perfectly understandable. Maybe your a bit bias when you read posts.

He says that he does not believe the EU is corrupt but shows a guardian article that says it corrupt. Just to show what kind of B.S. newspaper the guardian is and that its information is not to be trusted. Maybe its you who is mistaken.

Who reads and listens to anything the begging bowl Guardian says ,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, vinny41 said:

However, in a no deal scenario, countries like Brazil and Argentina will have equal access into the UK beef market. 

You may think that is a good thing but some of us remember differently. It wasn't all bad, because got 2 weeks extra leave because I had been to Aberdeen.

In 1964, Aberdeen was locked-down when a tin of corned beef led to hundreds developing the deadly typhoid fever.

As people in the north retire into self-isolation amid the coronavirus pandemic, the comparisons between the drama unfolding today and scenes witnessed in Aberdeen in the summer of 1964 grow stronger by the day.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/2088739/aberdeens-1964-typhoid-outbreak-school-closures-medical-isolation-and-travel-bans-have-been-weathered-before/

On 12/25/2020 at 6:09 AM, luckyluke said:

The man in the street in Europe had never a word to say in this Brexit thing, so we will also accept the outcome. 

We would had to accept any outcome anyway. 

Now wait & see, what all this, will change concretely in the daily life of the man in the street in the U.K. and Europe. 

yes,  sadly the one bargaining chip which might have helped the common Brit :  free and immediate dental care ,

was cast into the sea like a Flock o' sparrers 

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

What happened to the virtues of SA beef.

Of course the Scots have no idea what it is like being in the EU.

I am sure plenty of people eat SA beef and many people from the EU will be eating more SA beef as a result of the FTA agreement

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Christmas codswallop. Like a joke in a cracker.

We obviously disagree. HMG has always been free to make decisions, just as they have with compromises with Brexit T&Cs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, vinny41 said:

If your are unable or unwilling to  provide a link to support your post , your claim should be considered suspect or misleading

Says someone who only supplied a link, and a dubious one at that, when challenged!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Says someone who only supplied a link, and a dubious one at that, when challenged!

99% of my posts contain a link when quoting from media sources , what % of your posts contain a link when quoting from media sources

And please inform everyone why you think the Irish independent is a dubious source

Edited by vinny41
additional info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, robblok said:

You don't need to hold his hand we got there. I did not understand his post at the beginning but we got there. so a pointless post really.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

Now tell me when you voted directly for Boris Johnson to be Prime Minister, you didn't, but paranoia clouds the vision on similarity.

Really you are trying to equate that to the EU 5 presidents. . I voted for the conservatives who he is leader. If he is still leader at the next election I can vote for another party.  You trying to make them the same  is well quite hilarious.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, overherebc said:

Not sure if they will re-think the idea on visas for those who own a place in the EU and do 6/6 months. As someone mentioned earlier on maybe 3/3/3/3 months or some kind of different visa.

The UK has made an arrangement for EU nationals already living here to apply for and obtain permanent residency, and EU states have done the same for UK nationals already living there.

But as we are no longer party to the FoM directive, I see no reason why from 1/1/21 UK tourists who own holiday homes in the EU should be treated any differently from other non EU/EEA nationalities; i.e. maximum of 90 days in any 180 days in a Schengen state, whatever the appropriate rule is for others.

The same, of course, for EU national tourists visiting the UK who will from 1/1/21 be treated under the UK's immigration rules.

As I understand it, UK nationals will not need to obtain a visa in advance to visit EU/EEA states as tourists and vice versa.

4 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

The UK has made an arrangement for EU nationals already living here to apply for and obtain permanent residency, and EU states have done the same for UK nationals already living there.

But as we are no longer party to the FoM directive, I see no reason why from 1/1/21 UK tourists who own holiday homes in the EU should be treated any differently from other non EU/EEA nationalities; i.e. maximum of 90 days in any 180 days in a Schengen state, whatever the appropriate rule is for others.

The same, of course, for EU national tourists visiting the UK who will from 1/1/21 be treated under the UK's immigration rules.

As I understand it, UK nationals will not need to obtain a visa in advance to visit EU/EEA states as tourists and vice versa.

Think you've mixed up post and poster

• Haha 2