UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

7 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I suspect you only read the headline and you didn't dive deeper and actually read the article as you would have found

"I think it would be fantastic to get the EU into the CPTPP, but they would not be able to join at the moment.

"With their approach on agriculture and standards, it is impossible for them to accede.

"This doesn't mean they can't change their approaches."

He noted: "It would be good for the world if they did and I am hopeful that somebody in the EU trade department is trying to figure out what to change in order to become an accession country."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1383906/eu-news-brexit-trade-deal-cptpp-boris-johnson-australia-us-joe-biden-spt

The EU to change their approach on agriculture and standards make get rid of the common agricultural policy that will go down like a lead balloon with the French

Alan Winters, director of the Trade Policy Observatory at the University of Sussex, suggested the bloc could indeed decide to join after Britain and the US, for fear of a competitive and huge trade organisation at their doorstep.

suspect you only read the headline....."

I know this is your favorite line ....????

But by seeying your digging in history points out  something hurt you in my brought article .....

You must realise as a big trading bloc E.U. is chosen before a single unit ...????

Edited by david555

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

But by seeying your digging in history points out  something hurt you in my brought article .....

You must realise as a big trading bloc E.U. is chosen before a single unit ...????

You reckon, Dave......:cowboy:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, david555 said:

Again Vinny i am just bringing that article because the funny line about the rug pulled under Boris ...????

So no reason for me to doubt anything ....????

Keep blaming childeren for the actions from parents or grandparents ...you can find endless examples fom the defeated in wars ....

Do you Brits can ever let the past go .....? Or no futher ...or a scary one ...pathetic i must say ????

Now by second reading i see you expanded even to a " great uncle " ????... 

Come on go chase all descendants from Jack the ripper now ...

Oh dear i forgot ....they never found out who he was ....????????

JR was Polish....????

But hey, some EU nations baked the axis, some EU nations were riddled with axis sympathisers, that were locked up after the war, yeh, of course you want to forget, Dave.....:whistling:..........:cowboy:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, david555 said:

No hurt about your article I think Frau merkel will have a chuckle if any of her advisors bring the article to her attention

before sending them to detention and request they write 500 times details,details,details,details,details,details

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Are you sure that the EU will want to accepted an invitation from someone that the Chinese ambassador to Australia has compared Eric Abetz to Joseph Goebbels, likening the Liberal Senator’s tactics to Nazi propaganda.

Abetz great-uncle was Hitler’s ambassador to Paris and a convicted Nazi war criminal.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/politics/australian-politics/2020/10/23/china-eric-abetz-joseph-goebbels/

Otto Abetz was Hitler's ambassador to occupied France and convicted in 1949 of crimes that included deporting French Jews to the death camps.

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/peter-abetz-says-nazi-war-criminal-great-uncle-otto-did-some-positive-things-20150805-giry7o.html

Guilt by association and innuendo?

As you point out, Senator Abetz is a member of the Liberal party; the ruling party in Australia. Given this link, presumably you would advise Boris Johnson not to pursue trade negotiations with Australia until another party is elected?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Maybe you should ask German Jews or French Jews can they ever let go of the past and should they

oh .... sorry  i did not knew it is a family thing , my apologies .... 

36 minutes ago, transam said:

JR was Polish....????

But hey, some EU nations baked the axis, some EU nations were riddled with axis sympathisers, that were locked up after the war, yeh, of course you want to forget, Dave.....:whistling:..........:cowboy:

not forgetting , just getting along for better as they realized and paid for the mistakes .... after all they are our nephews ????.... only their " family visits " took to long...( 2 times) ..????... they promised not to do that anymore ....????

I hope Vinny don't go take this las line serious again ....? ????

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

not forgetting , just getting along for better as they realized and paid for the mistakes .... after all they are our nephews ????.... only their " family visits " took to long...( 2 times) ..????... they promised not to do that anymore ....????

Dont worry David I don't take any of your postings seriously as your chosen British media outlet for the majority of your postings  is the Daily Express it has the same comic value as the beano

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, RayC said:

Guilt by association and innuendo?

As you point out, Senator Abetz is a member of the Liberal party; the ruling party in Australia. Given this link, presumably you would advise Boris Johnson not to pursue trade negotiations with Australia until another party is elected?

I doubt very much if Boris would take any notice of anyone on this forum

as for Senator Abysmal sorry I meant  Senator Abetz 

Senator Abetz has seemingly made a career out of being endlessly wrong about most things. Juliette Rosenthal says it’s time the charade of him being a Tasmanian ‘representative’ was ended.

https://www.tasmaniantimes.com/2020/07/senator-abysmal/

13 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Dont worry David I don't take any of your postings seriously as your chosen British media outlet for the majority of your postings  is the Daily Express it has the same comic value as the beano

i start using Express quotes as my The Guardian is not liked or believed .....!    "brexiteers"  ... it is never ever good for them ..."Express "it is many brexiteers favorite (and i like to steal out of the "ammunition's room" from the opposition ???? )  .... as even you quoted them in the past .... but now maybe not anymore as they are not so much admiring  Boris anymore ????. poor Boris between a hammer and many plates ...

Any tips for any "Vinny likes tabloid / newspapers" ?????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

Just now, vinny41 said:

I see it took your Goverment 75 years before they decided to apologize for WWII persecution of Jews

"Since the last survivors are still among us, I apologize today in the name of the government for what the authorities did at that time," Rutte said. "Our government did not act as the guardian of justice and security."

Of the 140,000 Jews living in the Netherlands at the time, only 38,000 survived World War II. However, authorities never recognized their own role in facilitating the persecution of Jews by Nazi Germany.

https://www.dw.com/en/netherlands-apologizes-for-wwii-persecution-of-jews-for-first-time/a-52155867

Here is a History lesson for you since you don't seem to know much about your country history or you prefer to move on and forget it ever happen

The Netherlands: the greatest number of Jewish victims in Western Europe

Three quarters of the Dutch Jews were murdered during the Second World War. In other Western European countries such as Belgium and France, these percentages were much lower. Read here what caused the differences.

https://www.annefrank.org/en/anne-frank/go-in-depth/netherlands-greatest-number-jewish-victims-western-europe/

Be glad for that you live on a Island , as i would see how many from your right wingers would do when under occupation ....

I know my country historie well enough ..... good to see you know too...., you must surely be a librarian i guess .....many history's from England too , but must look a bit under the carpets ...????

poor soul only the glorious forgone past  to think about ....????

24 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I doubt very much if Boris would take any notice of anyone on this forum

24 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

as for Senator Abysmal sorry I meant  Senator Abetz 

Senator Abetz has seemingly made a career out of being endlessly wrong about most things. Juliette Rosenthal says it’s time the charade of him being a Tasmanian ‘representative’ was ended.

https://www.tasmaniantimes.com/2020/07/senator-abysmal/

No doubt that you are correct that PM Johnson doesn't read this forum.

Senator Abetz's (lack of?) ability isn't the issue. Do you believe that the UK government should cease negotiations with the Australian Liberal party (the current Australian government) because of your reservations about Senator Abertz's family connections? Surely that would be logically consistent.

• Like 2

Well, colour me shocked! I thought Brexit was all about taking back control - I didn't realise that the control was then to be handed over to big business. Well done Brexiteers, your corporate overlords thank you are laughing at you.

UK workers’ rights at risk in plans to rip up EU labour market rules

Worker protections enshrined in EU law — including the 48-hour week — would be ripped up under plans being drawn up by the government as part of a post-Brexit overhaul of UK labour markets. 

The package of deregulatory measures is being put together by the UK’s business department with the approval of Downing Street, according to people familiar with the matter. It has not yet been agreed by ministers — or put to the cabinet — but select business leaders have been sounded out on the plan.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, RayC said:

No doubt that you are correct that PM Johnson doesn't read this forum.

Senator Abetz's (lack of?) ability isn't the issue. Do you believe that the UK government should cease negotiations with the Australian Liberal party (the current Australian government) because of your reservations about Senator Abertz's family connections? Surely that would be logically consistent.

as stated I doubt very much if Boris would take any notice of anyone on this forum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

as stated I doubt very much if Boris would take any notice of anyone on this forum

Thank you. You have made that very clear.

What is less clear is whether you would hold the UK government to the same moral principles that you would have the EU adopt? i.e disassociate themselves from Senator Abetz and his connections (including the Australian government).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RayC said:

Thank you. You have made that very clear.

What is less clear is whether you would hold the UK government to the same moral principles that you would have the EU adopt? i.e disassociate themselves from Senator Abetz and his connections (including the Australian government).

Well I haven't seen Senator Abetz make any invitations to the UK only to the EU regarding CPTPP I assume you have no issues with the EU accepting Senator Abetz  invitation

4 hours ago, david555 said:

I do not understand a word of that, Dave.............????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Well I haven't seen Senator Abetz make any invitations to the UK only to the EU regarding CPTPP I assume you have no issues with the EU accepting Senator Abetz  invitation

Was Senator Abetz's invitation personal or on behalf of the Australian government? If the former then it is hardly an invitation, simply an opinion. The question then becomes: Do you expect the EU - and governments in general - to comment formally on every overseas parliamentarian's personal opinion?

If Senator Abetz's invitation was made on behalf of the Australian government, then are you suggesting that the EU should reject this invitation on moral grounds? Imo the answer is 'No'. Australia is a democracy, which governs according to the rule of law and has concluded that Senator Abetz is fit to represent it.

You have again avoided answering my original question, so I'll try a slightly different tack: Assuming Senator Abetz is representing Australia and, given that you inferred that he is morally deficient, do you believe that the UK government should cease trade negotiations with Australia for this reason? If not, why are you holding the EU to higher moral standards than you would have apply in the UK?

• Like 2

Just now, transam said:

I read everything you post, if you could try again I may reply, Dave....:thumbsup:

Oh ...! that would only become ending into another bickering post ...????.. i try to keep the mods friendly :thumbsup: , btw  you are welcome to read whatever i write but i can live without your replies too ..... as do many other here i guess ????

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Oh ...! that would only become ending into another bickering post ...????.. i try to keep the mods friendly :thumbsup: , btw  you are welcome to read whatever i write but i can live without your replies too ..... as do many other here i guess ????

You are guessing again, plus you don't like my questions....

Hmmmmm, for someone that posts here every day, a Brexit something, but doesn't like being questioned about it sounds a bit strange, to say the least, Dave.......????.....:cowboy:

12 minutes ago, RayC said:

Was Senator Abetz's invitation personal or on behalf of the Australian government? If the former then it is hardly an invitation, simply an opinion. The question then becomes: Do you expect the EU - and governments in general - to comment formally on every overseas parliamentarian's personal opinion?

If Senator Abetz's invitation was made on behalf of the Australian government, then are you suggesting that the EU should reject this invitation on moral grounds? Imo the answer is 'No'. Australia is a democracy, which governs according to the rule of law and has concluded that Senator Abetz is fit to represent it.

You have again avoided answering my original question, so I'll try a slightly different tack: Assuming Senator Abetz is representing Australia and, given that you inferred that he is morally deficient, do you believe that the UK government should cease trade negotiations with Australia for this reason? If not, why are you holding the EU to higher moral standards than you would have apply in the UK?

As for the Invitation you will have to ask either the Daily Express or the Senator Abetz as it was mentioned in an exclusive interview that he had with the Daily Express

I don't recall any posts where I inferred that he is morally deficient unless you referring to the statement made by the 

Chinese ambassador to Australia has compared Eric Abetz to Joseph Goebbels, likening the Liberal Senator’s tactics to Nazi propaganda.

Abetz great-uncle was Hitler’s ambassador to Paris and a convicted Nazi war criminal.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/politics/australian-politics/2020/10/23/china-eric-abetz-joseph-goebbels/

or maybe this report

Senator Eric Abetz stirs controversy with racist questions to Chinese-Australians

https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/senator-eric-abetz-stirs-controversy-with-racist-questions-to-chinese-australians,14494

Ps your posting style reminds me of someone that is a fan of  the  borg in star trek

28 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

As for the Invitation you will have to ask either the Daily Express or the Senator Abetz as it was mentioned in an exclusive interview that he had with the Daily Express

I don't recall any posts where I inferred that he is morally deficient unless you referring to the statement made by the 

Chinese ambassador to Australia has compared Eric Abetz to Joseph Goebbels, likening the Liberal Senator’s tactics to Nazi propaganda.

or maybe this report

Senator Eric Abetz stirs controversy with racist questions to Chinese-Australians

https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/senator-eric-abetz-stirs-controversy-with-racist-questions-to-chinese-australians,14494

Ps your posting style reminds me of someone that is a fan of  the  borg in star trek

Unlike you I'm not a Star Trek nerd, so again Wikipedia had to help me out.

Still not answered my question(s). 

I guess that a Borg would say that?

• Like 2