UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2021/01/11/sunak-suggests-big-bang-20-awaits-city-bid-soothe-brexit-fears/

Sunak suggests 'Big Bang 2.0' awaits the City in bid to soothe Brexit fears

His comments come a week after almost €6bn of EU share trading shifted from London to the Continent due to Brexit

By Lucy Burton, banking editor 11 January 2021 • 2:04pm

Edited by david555
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

( It seems Spain dont allowe dual citizenship ....hence the" tough choice"...) further down in article....

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1382524/brexit-news-spain-expats-boris-johnson-british-citizenship-european-union-spt

Expats in Spain ‘forced to give up British citizenship’ post-Brexit as tough choices loom

BREXIT has unsettled legions of Britons living in Spain, with one UK investor claiming she was "forced to give up her British citizenship".

By Kate Nicholson

15:37, Mon, Jan 11, 2021 | UPDATED: 17:23, Mon, Jan 11, 2021

more...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

Fairly obvious they never really understood the term "frictionless trade".

One driver coming off the ferry from Britain with ham sandwiches wrapped in tinfoil was heard pleading with the border guard: “Can you take the meat and leave me the bread?”

The official replied: “No, everything will be confiscated – welcome to the Brexit, sir. I’m sorry.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-sandwiches-confiscated-uk-netherlands-b1785384.html

You cannot even take food from some states to other states in the United States...  Pretty much all western countries get nervous about transporting open food from region to region and one country to another is even more of an issue...

25 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

You cannot even take food from some states to other states in the United States...  Pretty much all western countries get nervous about transporting open food from region to region and one country to another is even more of an issue...

Even to Thailand bringing meat in by airline is prohibited ...because the "mad cow disease " restrictions from years ago 

25 minutes ago, vogie said:

Taking our sandwiches, how dare they! ????????????

Do I detect that remainers are struggling to find any negative news about Brexit.

To use @Loiner’s words: “They had four years to prepare how to get their sandwiches into the EU, now deal with it.” ???? 

https://ec.europa.eu/food/sites/food/files/safety/docs/ia_trade_import-cond-meat_en.pdf

Edited by welovesundaysatspace
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Perhaps those across the channel are still smarting at the loss of UK cash and the possibility of a ban on Garners Pickled Onions......????

Sealed food, dried food sealed (preserved) is different than open food. I don't know any country that allows transport of fresh food across borders (except the EU)

3 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Sealed food, dried food sealed (preserved) is different than open food. I don't know any country that allows transport of fresh food across borders (except the EU)

My point were regarding the post about a driver having his sandwiches confiscated, which I find funny, he should have munched them on the spot, as for Garners Pickled Onions, well, they must stay suspended in spiced vinegar till the last moment to be crunched, and I doubt any bug could survive in that concoction.....????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Within the EU not an issue. Not Europe. 

Of course you are right,my bad.

Try taking food from the EU to Switserland,also not an issue but i am sure you can find some if you

dig deep enough.

Sometimes i make the mistake taken Eu for Europe,

• Like 1

2 hours ago, david555 said:

Even to Thailand bringing meat in by airline is prohibited ...because the "mad cow disease " restrictions from years ago 

Never knew that? Used to bring a full freezer bag of hi-so bangers in every trip in the good old days.

• Confused 1

(Good news for the hard core brexiteers , WTO "could" still be ....as E.U. parliamentarians did not signed yet ... ???? )

Brexit news: EU warns it could still BLOCK Brexit trade deal as MEPs mock British MPs | Politics | News | Express.co.uk

This isn't over! EU warns it could still BLOCK Brexit trade deal as MEPs mock British MPs

SENIOR MEPs have vowed not to be hoodwinked into backing the Brexit trade deal like their British counterparts.

By JOE BARNES, BRUSSELS CORRESPONDENT

PUBLISHED: 09:26, Tue, Jan 12, 2021 | UPDATED: 09:42, Tue, Jan 12, 2021

The European Parliament’s influential international trade committee said they would scrutinise each and every “loose end” in the UK-EU Trade and Cooperation Agreement before giving it their sign off. A special plenary is set to be held by MEPs around February 23 to finally vote on the future relationship pact after it was agreed on Christmas Eve. They vowed to pour over the 1,200-page document and highlight any inconsistencies ahead of the ballot to rubber-stamp the pact.

more...

Edited by david555
  • Thanks 1