UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So vaccinating a population properly belongs in the realm of business and not public health? The guiding principle should be first come first served and not the best way to save the most lives?

Where a business is faced with a demand  that exceed's supply the business should supply on 1st come 1st served 

if you have booked a plane ticket to Thailand should the Airline kick you off because I am bigger than you or willing to pay more

• Like 2

Just now, vinny41 said:

Where a business is faced with a demand  that exceed's supply the business should supply on 1st come 1st served 

if you have booked a plane ticket to Thailand should the Airline kick you off because I am bigger than you or willing to pay more

Comparing airline ticket with life saving vaccines ....????????...

20 minutes ago, david555 said:

Dont reply so stupid ...

I think you should improve your written English, before accusing others of being stupid, particularly as you obviously don't understand what you yourself have written.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1390254/Boris-Johnson-news-cave-eu-covid-vaccine-latest-AstraZeneca-oxford-uk-Pfizer-jab-row

Boris to cave to EU: No10 hints Britain could ship Covid jabs to Brussels bloc next month

BRITAIN could start shipping Covid jabs to the EU as early next month, the Prime Minister's official spokesman has hinted.

By Dan Falvey, Political Correspondent

13:01, Thu, Jan 28, 2021 | UPDATED: 14:23, Thu, Jan

Edited by david555

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Comparing airline ticket with life saving vaccines ....????????...

That was an example if you prefer

You are book in for a heart operation that you have been waiting months for at the last moment Hospital contacts you sorry David someone who is more important needs to take your booking

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tofer said:

I think you should improve your written English, before accusing others of being stupid, particularly as you obviously don't understand what you yourself have written.

Language gestapo is against forum rules ..link master ????

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, david555 said:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1390254/Boris-Johnson-news-cave-eu-covid-vaccine-latest-AstraZeneca-oxford-uk-Pfizer-jab-row

Boris to cave to EU: No10 hints Britain could ship Covid jabs to Brussels bloc next month

BRITAIN could start shipping Covid jabs to the EU as early next month, the Prime Minister's official spokesman has hinted.

And when you get past reading the headline you find the complete opposite to the headline 

This afternoon No10 appeared to have caved to pressure from the EU when a Downing Street official declined to rule out the possibility of UK vaccines being sent to the EU before every adult in Britain had been offered a jab.

The Prime Minister's spokesman refused to rule out UK supplies could be sent to the continent as early as the middle of next month.

When pressed whether jabs could be redirected he would only commit to ensuring the top four priority groups for vaccination have been given a jab by February 15.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

And when you get past reading the headline you find the complete opposite to the headline 

This afternoon No10 appeared to have caved to pressure from the EU when a Downing Street official declined to rule out the possibility of UK vaccines being sent to the EU before every adult in Britain had been offered a jab.

The Prime Minister's spokesman refused to rule out UK supplies could be sent to the continent as early as the middle of next month.

When pressed whether jabs could be redirected he would only commit to ensuring the top four priority groups for vaccination have been given a jab by February 15.

Yeah ...Express is always contradicting themselves ...or maybe to play safe talk with double tongue...????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, david555 said:

Yeah ...Express is always contradicting themselves ...or maybe to play safe talk with double tongue...????

Daily Express has headline writers where their  job is to produce sensational headlines most times the headlines don't correspond with the actually article but they don'r care their job is to produce sensational headlines

• Like 1

Just now, vinny41 said:

Daily Express has headline writers where their  job is to produce sensational headlines most times the headlines don't correspond with the actually article but they don'r care their job is to produce sensational headlines

Well that could be an excellent job for an blond  Ex Pm  ....head editor from Express ...he really would feel home in that position ????

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

Sounds like the EU wants it cake and eat it

It wants AstraZeneca to publish the vaccine contract between AstraZeneca and the UK but doesn't want the contract published between AstraZeneca and the EU

Is the EU prepared to published the Contract between AstraZeneca and the EU

Ooops! My mistake!  I did not pay attention it was about the UK contract!

About the EU contract,  as far as I understand, there is no disagreement about what is actually written in the contract.

AstraZeneca's argument is that it is a best effort clause does not mean a commitment to deliver vaccines on time. The best effort clause is not denied by the EU. The disagreement between AZ and the EU is whether the best effort has been made or not, and whether the explanation given is valid. Hence the inspection of AZ plants in Europe in order to check it.

https://www.politico.eu/article/astrazeneca-best-efforts-defense-coronavirus-vaccine-fallout/

I also did not find that the statement that UK sites have been stipulated as primary sites has been contradicted by AZ (up to my knowledge). 

Frankly this is pathetic on both sides. 

The EU want AZ to provide a vaccine they have not yet authorised for use.   To insist "now" is the same as "best effort" is nonsense.

The UK are insisting that the first 100 million doses produced in UK are for UK.  But the first AZ doses used inthe UK were manufactured in...the EU.  The UK has also ordered way more than it can reasonably use immediately.  What are they going to do with the excess? Sit on it while others wait?

Meanwhile less fortunate, developed or rich Counties cannot yet get any meaningful amounts of vaccine at all.

Utter willy waving madness all round 

PH

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Frankly this is pathetic on both sides. 

The EU want AZ to provide a vaccine they have not yet authorised for use.   To insist "now" is the same as "best effort" is nonsense.

The UK are insisting that the first 100 million doses produced in UK are for UK.  But the first AZ doses used inthe UK were manufactured in...the EU.  The UK has also ordered way more than it can reasonably use immediately.  What are they going to do with the excess? Sit on it while others wait?W

Meanwhile less fortunate, developed or rich Counties cannot yet get any meaningful amounts of vaccine at all.

Utter willy waving madness all round 

PH

Well if it 2 doses per person that 100 million doses will go very quickly

On the face of it, the EU has locked in far more vaccines than it needs: the European commission has secured a portfolio of more than 2.3bn doses, which is more than five times the EU’s 450 million population

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/27/eu-vaccine-bust-up-astrazeneca

If 2 doses are applied to the EU 450 million people that equals 900 million doses what are they planning to do with the remaining 1.4 million doses

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

On the face of it, the EU has locked in far more vaccines than it needs: the European commission has secured a portfolio of more than 2.3bn doses, which is more than five times the EU’s 450 million population

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/27/eu-vaccine-bust-up-astrazeneca

If 2 doses are applied to the EU 450 million people that equals 900 million doses what are they planning to do with the remaining 1.4 million doses

Can't find the article now, but the 100 mill AZ initialoutput was just that...pluas they have Pfzier and Moderna as well...both UK and EU (and US and Canada) are hogging way more supply than they need....shameful.

PH

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

How long will the effects of the vaccine last?perhaps it,ll need to be administeted. Annualy,better safe than sorry,who dares wins.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, david555 said:

Whats the point? It,ll take months to get through the way the eu customs officials are performing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nauseus said:

As was said already, the EU hasn't even approved the AZ stuff yet. The hopeless EU Commission is under pressure and so trying to put on the illusion of being in control by resorting to their panic bullying tactics (again). Typical. 

No they let the uk do that while they sat and scratched theirselves.how long before the eu,s citizens realise what a shower they,ve got ruling them?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kingdong said:

"Eu " money?what a fraction of what we paid in? Your eu should have put all their energies into safeguarding its citizens like boris did,no good whingeing after the event and blaming the uk.having my vaccine jab this weekend.

I don't know the price paid, but the downpayment was not ridiculous.

AstraZeneca nets $396M down payment from EU for 300M-plus COVID vaccines

https://www.fiercepharma.com/manufacturing/az-nets-396m-downpayment-for-300m-plus-eu-vaccine-doses

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, candide said:

I don't know the price paid, but the downpayment was not ridiculous.

AstraZeneca nets $396M down payment from EU for 300M-plus COVID vaccines

https://www.fiercepharma.com/manufacturing/az-nets-396m-downpayment-for-300m-plus-eu-vaccine-doses

I didn,t word my post very well,what i meant was the uk was paying into the eu at the time of the eu payment to astra zeneca and as you pointed out the down payment was not ridiculous.in any event perhaps the eu should have ordered in advance its requirement of vaccine as the uk did instead of sitting on the fence,i understand the vaccine still hasn,t been cleared by the eu?please correct me if i,m wrong.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kingdong said:

I didn,t word my post very well,what i meant was the uk was paying into the eu at the time of the eu payment to astra zeneca and as you pointed out the down payment was not ridiculous.in any event perhaps the eu should have ordered in advance its requirement of vaccine as the uk did instead of sitting on the fence,i understand the vaccine still hasn,t been cleared by the eu?please correct me if i,m wrong.

It is not yet approved, but not being approved does not mean it cannot be ordered / delivered to the customer (which is the EU)...  In effect if you were not allowed to order -- then what is the point of preordering or contractng or even subsidizing vaccine  development costs. (pre-order is basically a subsidy in this case)

Edited by bkkcanuck8
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, vinny41 said:

It has ordered an excess because there are no guarantees on any vaccines (when you order before testing results are in) and as per commitment they will also be distributing drugs outside of EU borders to less developed countries.