UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

6 hours ago, kingdong said:

"Eu " money?what a fraction of what we paid in? Your eu should have put all their energies into safeguarding its citizens like boris did,no good whingeing after the event and blaming the uk.having my vaccine jab this weekend.

Pretty sure much of thre World is happy their leadership did not "safeguard" their citizens as well as BJ

PH

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, kingdong said:

And perhaps the eu should seal its borders and stop all the migrants setting off to the uk,we didn,t want schengen,thats why we voted to leave.

Aha.  THAT was why we voted leave.  I am pretty sure that is the first time I have been educated that Schengen was the reason we voted to leave.

PH

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Aha.  THAT was why we voted leave.  I am pretty sure that is the first time I have been educated that Schengen was the reason we voted to leave.

PH

Was quoting just one example of several,anyway it was three and a half years ago,past tense,and lets face 27 nations vs 1 and the eu came second in protecting its citizens.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, david555 said:

As you left you should close your borders yourself ...the E.U. is not your border guard....doing the job for you ...

The uk governments unfortunately are too soft and should adopt a more robust approach to illeagal immigration like austrailia and usa who are firm but fair,and don,t stand the race card nonsense like the uk.nigel farage has shown what can be done and with the forth coming worldwide depression sure change will come.

Edited by kingdong
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

PH

And some that voted to remain are now in Schengen, ended up with more varieties than Heinz.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Was quoting just one example of several,anyway it was three and a half years ago,past tense,and lets face 27 nations vs 1 and the eu came second in protecting its citizens.

The implication is that UK came first in protecting its citizens.  Utter baloney.  Many countries have done FAR better than both UK and EU.  Take off your sunglasses.  The sunny uplands are many many miles away

PH

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Well,well,well,little england is looking after itself for once,anyway perhaps britain wants to ensure its citizens will be looked after,who knows how long the two shots will last and it may well be that it has to be that vaccinations need to be administered annually in which case we will be well placed to administer.if there is any surplus the uk can sell them.as remainers keep reminding everyone,the uk no longer has a commonwealth or empire so since brexit has no responsibilities to the eu,although if a surplus is available feel it should be offered to former members of the commonwealth first.

Pull up the drawbridge.  We don;t need all those nasty outsiders. 

Your posts get more xeonphobic and non sensical by the hour.

PH

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Quite, from what I gather the fundamental argument from the EU is that an EU factory was used to bale out the UK when it had teething problems and now the reciprocal should happen.

It is all about cooperation, something Westminster tends to see as being one sided. Certainly stacking up problems for the future.

Yeah anyway like with the UK recognizing the EU ambassador as inferior to other ambassadors, we can argue about it endlessly with the national - populists here. 

But in the end, in the westphalian world of relationships between states it is pretty simple: the strongest prevail, and in this life or death situation by any means necessary.

The Guardian view on vaccine nationalism: think again

Editorial

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/28/the-guardian-view-on-vaccine-nationalism-think-again

The aggressive tone of commission officials speaks to the domestic pressure that European leaders face. The EU has so far given only two doses per 100 residents, while the UK has delivered 11. Facing the backlash for a somewhat sluggish procurement programme, it cannot afford more delays. 

The is not bad for the UK, bad for the EU, it is bad for the world 

When a life-saving good is in short supply, there will always be difficult decisions to make, within and between countries. As pressing as the European shortages may feel, they are part of wider tensions. If richer nations must ration supplies, poorer ones so far have little or nothing to ration. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kingdong said:

The uk governments unfortunately are too soft and should adopt a more robust approach to illeagal immigration like austrailia and usa who are firm but fair,and don,t stand the race card nonsense like the uk.nigel farage has shown what can be done and with the forth coming worldwide depression sure change will come.

So you know what to do ....it is all yours ....i would even not  mind if you would filling that tunnel with concrete 

....and cancel those ferrys...

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Quite, from what I gather the fundamental argument from the EU is that an EU factory was used to bale out the UK when it had teething problems and now the reciprocal should happen.

It is all about cooperation, something Westminster tends to see as being one sided. Certainly stacking up problems for the future.

Why should the uk be co-operative 1 we,re no longer members 2 after the way france performed shutting its border at calais leaving thousands of lorry drivers( most of them eu resident ) stranded over christmas. Just because the eu screwed up its ordering don,t start expecting the uk to bail you out.stacking up problems for the future?whats that a threat? Or a promise?

• Like 2

Even the Brexit Telegraph is not so optimistic about the future 

But the ability to nab first-mover advantage was grabbed at the expense of certain trade-offs. 

The EU may move slowly but it has weight. New rules that could restrict the exports of vaccines out of the EU could put UK supplies of the Pfizer jab at risk. 

If that leverage begins to take its toll and AstraZeneca redirects supply, or there is a vaccine trade war, the disadvantages of being outside of the EU could become more apparent. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/01/28/britain-ahead-vaccine-race-brexit-could-soon-change/

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Glad to see you,ve seen a bit of sense.

Please remind us...which side of the channel has a hugely significant percentage of its goods travel across it?

Didn't your leader say we would be the best partner ever (or words to that effect)?  Seems you are not on the same page. Or even in the same book. 

Xenophobia writ large.  And getting worse.

PH

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Glad to see you,ve seen a bit of sense.

Call it self preservation ......keeping the nasty bits out of our house ...????

Macron showed you something with Christmas ...????

Never saw Boris signing so quick ...????

Edited by david555
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

Please remind us...which side of the channel has a hugely significant percentage of its goods travel across it?

Didn't your leader say we would be the best partner ever (or words to that effect)?  Seems you are not on the same page. Or even in the same book. 

Xenophobia writ large.  And getting worse.

PH

Twice you,ve played the race card,if you can,t reasonably counter a point then don,t bother,why is it i always get an overwhelming feeling of deja -vu when i read one of your posts?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Its a 2 way street ( and tunnel )

At least we agree ...????

you see life is not so difficult if you stop the one direction Westminster Emperial thinking ....????

Edited by david555

1 minute ago, david555 said:

At least we agree ...????

you see life is not so difficult if you stop the one direction Westminster Emperial thinking ....????

I,m not a member of parliament,wouldn,t want to join any club that,d have me as a member.