UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

1 hour ago, david555 said:

As you left you should close your borders yourself ...the E.U. is not your border guard....doing the job for you ...

You are right Dave, we have seen that the EU is incapable at doing anything right or properly....:cowboy:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

The swan song of the brexiteer.

Reality is the implosion is far more likely in the UK.

“Many, many small operators will just stop exporting,” said Peter Hardwick, trade policy adviser at the British Meat Processors Association. He claimed the government “is in a little bit of denial over this”.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-news-live-eu-update-boris-johnson-b1793968.html?page=1

At this moment in time if i was in the eu i,d be more worried about dying before i got my vaccination than a bit of british beef.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kingdong said:

At this moment in time if i was in the eu i,d be more worried about dying before i got my vaccination than a bit of british beef.

I am sure the EU consumers will be able to source alternative food. 

Not so sure the British farmers, and abbatoirs, and tranporters and those who rely on them for their income will be as able to find alternative markets.

PH

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

So you voted not to be in a hypothetical US of G

Kingdong voted to not be in Schengen.

Anyone else know why they voted?

And there I was thinking you all voted for the same thing.  And that you knew what you voted for.

PH

While i  find your concern for your fellow members most touching you really should concentrate on your own well being and devote all your skills and talents to getting your vaccine.

Edited by kingdong
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

I am sure the EU consumers will be able to source alternative food. 

Not so sure the British farmers, and abbatoirs, and tranporters and those who rely on them for their income will be as able to find alternative markets.

PH

I,m partial to a bit of roast beef and i also make my own biltong would buy a lot more of it if a bit cheaper,which i,m sure it would be if you take away tbe transportstion costs,just like fish.

2 minutes ago, kingdong said:

I,m partial to a bit of roast beef and i also make my own biltong would buy a lot more of it if a bit cheaper,which i,m sure it would be if you take away tbe transportstion costs,just like fish.

I see -

Since about 50% of UK fish was exported to the EU, you (and everyone else in UK) would have to double your intake of fish.  And change the types of fish you eat.

And since about one third of British beef was exported to the UK you would also need to increase your intake by a third.

That's quite a lot of protein.  And cost.  

But you knew what you voted for.

PH

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

I see -

Since about 50% of UK fish was exported to the EU, you (and everyone else in UK) would have to double your intake of fish.  And change the types of fish you eat.

And since about one third of British beef was exported to the UK you would also need to increase your intake by a third.

PH

Yes we did, and one day for you, it will sink in as to why....But you carry on enjoying your club, your future could be interesting reading in the future....:whistling:

• Like 2

Just now, transam said:

Yes we did, and one day for you, it will sink in as to why....But you carry on enjoying your club, your future could be interesting reading in the future....:whistling:

You did?  So you voted to change your eating habits.  And suddenly start eating types of fish you previously didn't want?  Interesting - but not what you claimed earlier this morning..

But also, what is "my club"?

PHG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

I see -

PH

Why do you keep saying " you knew what you voted for? " yes i did and still do its you thats got the problem with your twisting psycho analysing so i,ll have to increase my intake of fish and meat,fine by me,anyway would love to sit chatting with you all night,but having my jab saturday.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

You did?  So you voted to change your eating habits.  And suddenly start eating types of fish you previously didn't want?  Interesting - but not what you claimed earlier this morning..

But also, what is "my club"?

PHG

Change my eating habits, what on earth are you talking about......????

"My club", is your 27 members.....Now come on......????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david555 said:

So you know what to do ....it is all yours ....i would even not  mind if you would filling that tunnel with concrete 

....and cancel those ferrys...

As both the Tunnel and the Trains are majority owned by the French that decision and implementation of such is down to France

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingdong said:

Why do you keep saying " you knew what you voted for? " yes i did and still do its you thats got the problem with your twisting psycho analysing so i,ll have to increase my intake of fish and meat,fine by me,anyway would love to sit chatting with you all night,but having my jab saturday.

You may be fine doubling your fish intake (and changing the type of fish you eat).  I very much doubt the entire UK population would be as keen.  Or that that is what those who voted to leave intended.

I keep saying "you knew what you voted for" against all the posts made by Brexiteers that show that, actually, they voted for many and varied different reasons.  Some contradictory,  and some consequences not even considered or thought about...but sadly not even now acknowldged.

PH

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Change my eating habits, what on earth are you talking about......????

"My club", is your 27 members.....Now come on......????

Kingdong (your fellow Brexit traveller) has stated twice now that he (and therefore all Brexiteers as you all voted for the same thing) is entirely happy to double his fish intake, and to start eating types of fish previously exported.  So enjoy changing your eating habits..

I am not in the EU.

PH

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

You may be fine doubling your fish intake (and changing the type of fish you eat).  I very much doubt the entire UK population would be as keen.  Or that that is what those who voted to leave intended.

I keep saying "you knew what you voted for" against all the posts made by Brexiteers that show that, actually, they voted for many and varied different reasons.  Some contradictory,  and some consequences not even considered or thought about...but sadly not even now acknowldged.

PH

Kingdong (your fellow Brexit traveller) has stated twice now that he (and therefore all Brexiteers as you all voted for the same thing) is entirely happy to double his fish intake, and to start eating types of fish previously exported.  So enjoy changing your eating habits..

I am not in the EU.

PH

And you enjoy your curried goat.and put another record on.

Edited by kingdong
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Phulublub said:

PH

I am not in the EU.

PH

Get a grip man, I am not another member and I have no idea what other members eat....????

You are not from the EU......????

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

As both the Tunnel and the Trains are majority owned by the French that decision and implementation of such is down to France

please ....you could anyway seal the U.K.side entry facility .????...as it is a border ....you can take control to close it ????....????

As of the owning company i am not so sure who owns it ...thought it was a joint venture ...about trains ...any other same type can rail in it .

But i trust you about this info .....

Just seal that passage entry point ...

8 minutes ago, david555 said:

please ....you could anyway seal the U.K.side entry facility .????...as it is a border ....you can take control to close it ????....????

As of the owning company i am not so sure who owns it ...thought it was a joint venture ...about trains ...any other same type can rail in it .

But i trust you about this info .....

Just seal that passage entry point ...

Getlink, formerly Groupe Eurotunnel, is a European public company based in Paris, that manages and operates the infrastructure of the Channel Tunnel between England and France, operates the Eurotunnel Shuttle train service, and earns revenue on other trains that operate through the tunnel (Eurostar passenger and DB Schenker freight).[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getlink

Much better suggestion is if France seals the tunnel as then France will have to deal with the compensation claims from both Getlink and Eurostar and I sure you are fully aware there would be huge compensation claims if the tunnel was sealed by the UK side

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Getlink, formerly Groupe Eurotunnel, is a European public company based in Paris, that manages and operates the infrastructure of the Channel Tunnel between England and France, operates the Eurotunnel Shuttle train service, and earns revenue on other trains that operate through the tunnel (Eurostar passenger and DB Schenker freight).[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Getlink

Much better suggestion is if France seals the tunnel as then France will have to deal with the compensation claims from both Getlink and Eurostar and I sure you are fully aware there would be huge compensation claims if the tunnel was sealed by the UK side

So i guess it shall  stay jus lying there .....maybe good for a future  mushroom farming plant ...???? 

38 minutes ago, transam said:

Get a grip man, I am not another member and I have no idea what other members eat....????

But you all voted for the same thing, we are told.  And one, at least, is content to eat more and different fish.  By your own arguments, therefore, you all are.

You are not from the EU......????

Why your confusion?  I didn't say I was from the EU.  I was born before the creation of the EU.  In fact, well before the UK joined the EEC.  Thus I cannot be "from" the EU.

I said I was not in the EU.  Comprehension and understanding maybe not your strong point.

PH

Edited by Phulublub
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

you are missing the point as you stated  "Two of the most vocal Brexiteers here have given a different reason as to why they wanted out"

would they have achieved those desired reasons by voting to remain in the EU. simple answer is NO that is why there was only 

one option available on the ballot paper and that was leave the EU

No.  There were actually two options on the ballot paper.

There was only one option for those who wished to leave.  But the REASONS for choosing that one option are many and varied.  Unless you believe the nonsense that "we all voted for the same thing" - as amply demonstrated by the two today, one voting to stay out of a hypothetical US of G and another voting to stay out of Schengen.  Same vote, different reasons for doing so.

You all voted the same way, but for different reasons.

PH

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Phulublub said:

The UK are insisting that the first 100 million doses produced in UK are for UK.  But the first AZ doses used inthe UK were manufactured in...the EU.  The UK has also ordered way more than it can reasonably use immediately.  What are they going to do with the excess? Sit on it while others wait?

Why should the UK, who sensibly forward ordered the required vaccine, be disadvantaged because others didn't have the sense or the organisational ability to do the same, and now complain about the lack of supplies? Then, like a bunch of spoilt entitled kids having a tantrum in a sweet shop, stamp their feet and scream - 'I want, I want right now'.

Worse still they threaten to override companies contractual and legal commitments and obligations to get their own way. Pathetic and deeply worrying, that an advanced and educated group of nations would act in this manner. It's even prompted remainers, like Robert Peston of the BBC, to come out and criticise the EU for their behaviour, stating he now understands Brexit. The penny finally drops with some....., whilst others still have their coin slot bunged up with a quagmire of petty peevishness, and accusatorial gloating.

They ordered enough to ensure they wouldn't be in the middle of a feeding frenzy at a later date, to avoid the problems the EU are now facing. Not selfish, but sensible. If they hadn't done that, and were now short of supplies, you and many others would be the first to criticise the UK governments actions...

We have the safety and health of our citizens and then disadvantaged nations to consider first. The EU are big enough, advanced and prosperous enough to look out for themselves, and their ineffectual governance is not our concern anymore, thankfully...

It would appear the EU are missing our support and direction, but then engage in a campaign of punishment and obstruction over a trade deal they signed committing to "fair cooperation". A very bitter and confused bunch, I would suggest.

Many a two faced argument going on here, actively looking for any opportunity to find fault with the UK governments actions and the Brexit decision. All, by the way, extremely short sighted opinions. But hey, you carry on pointing to, and cheering the short term disruptions to the UK's business, if that pessimism and negativity makes you happy, it is your prerogative to have a lack of foresight, and faith in the people of the UK.

• Thanks 2