UK and EU reach Brexit trade deal

webfact

1 hour ago, david555 said:

but dont count on what is produced in the E.U....when your U.K. astra zeneca  fails to deliver the amounts agreed ...

What amounts were agreed. Difficult to say since the EU refuse to make public the contract with OAZ, and I wonder why that is? I would be inclined to believe OAZ's version of the story, that the contract is based on "best endeavours / efforts", of course once the EU approve it's use...

You really think USA's Pfizer will renege on their supply contract to the UK.... ?

1 hour ago, candide said:

"Freedom to trade world wide, without the restrictions imposed by the EU - 63 new trade deals to date and increasing....."

Followed by, "I doubt very much they are identical" - which you agreed with in your follow on post confirming they were "broadly equivalent".

So where's the contradiction in my stance?

And where do I infer -

1 hour ago, candide said:

The freedom to get part of the same benefits as before

- particular when I already stated "free of EU imposed restrictions"..... 

I think you gave up digging that hole and resorted to building a very thick brick wall, for me to bang my head on.... Enoughs enough. ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Look up pompous if you're not sure of the meaning of the  word.

It is you who needs to refer to a dictionary.

Look up your old posts, too; that way you wont contradict yourself so often.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, candide said:

A BBC article mentions the EU arguments:

- the UK sites were stipulated as primary sites in the contract

- the money paid in advance went into UK sites.

"In a nutshell, here is why EU officials are furious with AstraZeneca. They say the contract between them and the pharmaceutical giant clearly stipulates that the two main vaccine production factories in the UK are to be classed as primary manufacturing sites, and the production sites in Belgium and the Netherlands are secondary priorities."

"In fact, EU officials point out to me that EU money went into upgrading the facilities in the UK and that they fully expected it to be operational for them."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-55822602

this topic would deserve to have its own thread, we are moving away from the brexit deal, and I'm afraid all our posts here are going to be wiped out 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Tofer said:

Followed by, "I doubt very much they are identical" - which you agreed with in your follow on post confirming they were "broadly equivalent".

So where's the contradiction in my stance?

And where do I infer -

- particular when I already stated "free of EU imposed restrictions"..... 

I think you gave up digging that hole and resorted to building a very thick brick wall, for me to bang my head on.... Enoughs enough. ????

Ok. So we agree that

(1) while the rollover or continuity deals are not exactly identical, they are similar or broadly equivalent

(2) for the time being, UK did not get any additional benefit from being able to strike its own deals.

That's fine for me.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, vinny41 said:

It seems the German MEP Peter Liese has been watching old episodes of Blackadder

Frau Merkel 'I have a cunning plan we deny those cursed Brits access to any vaccine produced on European soil and at the same time we will demand they provide us with vaccine produced from their British plants

As for taking things out of proportion who was it that posted "on E.U. soil  any vaccine can be confiscated / drafted ,  based on health risk for population "

Could happen if it showing something did not go correct in dividing the vaccines in normal agreed way ...call it controling our own soil ...and what is on it ....stored ...produced ...

desperate times makes desperate measures ...especially if one side play dirty ...

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Tofer said:

What amounts were agreed. Difficult to say since the EU refuse to make public the contract with OAZ, and I wonder why that is? I would be inclined to believe OAZ's version of the story, that the contract is based on "best endeavours / efforts", of course once the EU approve it's use...

You really think USA's Pfizer will renege on their supply contract to the UK.... ?

"To prove its case, the commission called on AstraZeneca to publish the vaccine contract, which is currently restricted by a confidentiality clause."

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/27/eu-vaccine-bust-up-astrazeneca

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tofer said:

You place orders for doses - not vials - originally 5 doses per vial , and then Pfizer delivers "up to 6 doses" per vial. ..for the same price, .business as usual

Edited by Opl

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1390237/EU-vaccine-row-UK-latest-Brussels-AstraZeneca-factory-Belgium-Ursula-von-der-Leyen

EU vaccine row explodes as Brussels orders 'spot checks' on AstraZeneca factory in Belgium

THE EU has ordered a spot check on AstraZeneca's vaccine factory in Belgium in the latest blow from Brussels against the coronavirus jab provider.

By Alessandra Scotto di Santolo

12:27, Thu, Jan 28, 2021 | UPDATED: 13:08, Thu, Jan 28, 2021

Belgian medicines agency inspectors were sent to the plant on Tuesday, it has been reported, amid growing tensions between the bloc and AstraZeneca. The Novasep's factory in the town of Seneffe is part of the European production chain for the Oxford University coronavirus vaccine. 

more...

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, Opl said:

You place orders for doses - not vials - originally 5 doses per vial , and then Pfizer delivers "up to 6 doses" per vial. ..for the same price, .business as usual

Sweden had a contract to buy the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at five doses a vial.

But Pfizer increased the dose size to six on January 8 and started charging Sweden for six doses per vial.

Sweden is pausing payments to Pfizer until it gets clarity on why it's being charged for more than agreed.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden-suspends-pfizer-vaccine-payments-suspects-overcharged-2021-1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vinny41 said:

Sweden had a contract to buy the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine at five doses a vial.

But Pfizer increased the dose size to six on January 8 and started charging Sweden for six doses per vial.

Sweden is pausing payments to Pfizer until it gets clarity on why it's being charged for more than agreed.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden-suspends-pfizer-vaccine-payments-suspects-overcharged-2021-1

that company is really greedy and playing a dangerous game,

the last dose, the 6th, is the "failover" dose, because manipulating the container is tricky, and you lose a bit of it when using a syringe

now they want to charge for it,

they are playing a dangerous game, could be banned eventually from doing business with the EU

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Tofer said:

Oh, so you've seen the contract for the vaccines have you?

Kindly enlighten us on how the UK / OAZ are playing dirty....

Dont reply so stupid ...

as i said IF...

besides another poster already mentioned that E.U. ask Astra Z.   to make the contract publi  as it under confidensiality clause ...all depends the running investigation now...

BTW  strange on Express a article that U.K. just got another 60 million doses received 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1390149/uk-vaccines-coronavirus-covid19-vaccines-eu-Valneva-astrazeneca

And a sudden ....somebody started sweating maybe...?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1390254/Boris-Johnson-news-cave-eu-covid-vaccine-latest-AstraZeneca-oxford-uk-Pfizer-jab-row

Boris to cave to EU: No10 hints Britain could ship Covid jabs to Brussels bloc next month

BRITAIN could start shipping Covid jabs to the EU as early next month, the Prime minister's official spokesman has hinted.

By Dan Falvey, Political Correspondent

13:01, Thu, Jan 28, 2021 | UPDATED: 14:06, Thu, Jan 28, 2021

Edited by david555

1 hour ago, david555 said:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1390237/EU-vaccine-row-UK-latest-Brussels-AstraZeneca-factory-Belgium-Ursula-von-der-Leyen

EU vaccine row explodes as Brussels orders 'spot checks' on AstraZeneca factory in Belgium

THE EU has ordered a spot check on AstraZeneca's vaccine factory in Belgium in the latest blow from Brussels against the coronavirus jab provider.

By Alessandra Scotto di Santolo

12:27, Thu, Jan 28, 2021 | UPDATED: 13:08, Thu, Jan 28, 2021

Belgian medicines agency inspectors were sent to the plant on Tuesday, it has been reported, amid growing tensions between the bloc and AstraZeneca. The Novasep's factory in the town of Seneffe is part of the European production chain for the Oxford University coronavirus vaccine. 

more...

But Ms Kyriakides said: "We reject the logic of first come first served.

I think Ms Kyriakides needs to get out more in the real world of business as business does operate on the basis of first come first served

Most automotive manfactures if producing a specialized car such as  lamborghini, Ferrari or Aston Martin often its the case that demand exceeds supply. In some cases they have lists available of people that have placed orders with deposits and the the queue number and expected date of delivery.Now some people have been known to contact a person that is near the top of the queue and ask them if they are willing to sell their queue position for a price

Link is same link as above

Edited by vinny41
forgot url
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I think Ms Kyriakides needs to get out more in the real world of business as business does operate on the basis of first come first served

Most automotive manfactures if producing a specialized car such as  lamborghini, Ferrari or Aston Martin often its the case that demand exceeds supply. In some cases they have lists available of people that have placed orders with deposits and the the queue number and expected date of delivery.Now some people have been known to contact a person that is near the top of the queue and ask them if they are willing to sell their queue position for a price

So vaccinating a population properly belongs in the realm of business and not public health? The guiding principle should be first come first served and not the best way to save the most lives?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I updated my original post now ...the best news is in the updated  ....links included as i know you like that .????

Edited by david555