Boxing Day mall attack: Foreigner kicks female Thai shopper TWICE after trolley misunderstanding

webfact

1 hour ago, sirocco said:

He couldn't pretend that this woman was stealing his purchases, he hadn't paid for them yet.
This is an unacceptable reaction and I hope he will be found and punished accordingly.
A few days in prison and a strong deposit will do him good.

By reading the story, I believe we can conclude that the CCTV footage was taken prior to the incident.

The report says "after paying" the lady wheeled her trolley to the chicken stall. The expat eould have paid too as his trolley was "right behind her".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bodga said:

I walked into someone elses  condo a few  years  back, got  off  on the wrong  floor, the  funny thing was  no  one in there said a  word, i  just walked  out, 3  women all chatting away, their door  was already  open when i walked  in.

Yes of topic of course but very funny,maybe good enough to start a topic about funny stories that really happened!

7 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Land of counter-claims.

He'll counter the assault charges by filing for theft.

If it happened before check-out and before anything had been paid for, the goods still belonged to the shop and thus not stolen.

I rest my case, m'lud.

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

If it happened before check-out and before anything had been paid for, the goods still belonged to the shop and thus not stolen.

I rest my case, m'lud.

1 hour ago, Eibot said:

Filing for theft on goods that still need to be paid. Good luck with that.

"after paying for her purchases had wheeled her trolley to a place in the mall selling fried chicken. While she was looking at the prices for the chicken her mother said she was going back to the car. 

She didn't know that she had taken their trolley back with her. 

When Ormjan had finished looking at the prices of the chicken she turned round and thinking that the trolley behind her was hers she started wheeling it off. "

????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Don’t have a link, but.

Saw it on the news a couple of times already, he was wearing a mask but his face was clearly shown, stated he was Norwegian and  fined 30,000 baht.

His name is Tor Sæther, from Norway.

Edited by roo860

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

.....he was wearing a mask but his face was clearly shown, stated he was Norwegian.....

I often call my wife 'My Viking Queen'.

She asked if it was because she reminded me of Norwegian royalty.

I said no, it's because you've got a face like a norse.

????

• Haha 1

The culprit was identified as a 54 year-old Norwegian man, Mr Tollsarter (SP? -name transliterated from Thai). As one poster speculated further back, he does indeed have tattoos. The victim was a wee slip of a 26 year-old Thai lady.
The Norwegian man got charged with assault and fined 500 Baht and also paid compensation of an unspecified amount to the lady.
They shook hands and parted with no further action.

Video of the victim crying as she relates what happened:

Meeting at the police station to clear the matter:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Norwegian

Who kicks a lady TWICE?  What a horrible, horrible display of aggression.  Imagine what is not caught on camera......i have a feeling there is a deep, deep, dark history.

if you think someone takes you cart and you violently attack them......what happens if you think they did someone actually bad?

hopefully his name is being circulated back home and his email box is filling up...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TSF said:

He's stupid and lucky, the woman could have had her husband and a couple of sons nearby and the farang would have get a shellacking.

With any luck, he'll get a nighttime visit from the men in the family, maybe after a few rounds of Lao Khao. Tosser