Boxing Day mall attack: Foreigner kicks female Thai shopper TWICE after trolley misunderstanding

webfact

Boxing Day mall attack: Foreigner kicks female Thai shopper TWICE after trolley misunderstanding

11pm.jpg

Picture: PPTV

A well known page in Ubon Ratchathani shared a story of a local woman who said she was kicked twice by a foreigner at a shopping mall in Warin Chamrap district on Saturday. 

Ormjan, 26, had bruising on both thighs. 

It was because she had started wheeling off the wrong trolley.

Ormjan told PPTV that she was out shopping with her mother and after paying for her purchases had wheeled her trolley to a place in the mall selling fried chicken. While she was looking at the prices for the chicken her mother said she was going back to the car. 

She didn't know that she had taken their trolley back with her. 

When Ormjan had finished looking at the prices of the chicken she turned round and thinking that the trolley behind her was hers she started wheeling it off. 

It was not hers but belonged to a foreigner who caught up with her at the front of the chicken shop and kicked her in the left thigh, she said.

11.jpg

Picture: PPTV

She said she wai-ed in apology but the foreigner then kicked her in the other leg. 

She left to get her mother but by the time she returned the foreigner had paid up and left the store as if nothing had happened. 

She has now reported the matter to the local police who say they have studied CCTV and have a lead in the case. 

Ormjan has also sought medical attention and got a report for her injuries.

More about this as we hear of it. 

Source: PPTV

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-12-29

19 minutes ago, Catkiwi said:

Have just seen him on the Thai news, caught on surveillance cameras. His face wasn't blurred out there although he was wearing a face mask. Still very recognizable I would say. Agree with the being dealt with harshly bit, no need for such idiotic behaviour and especially involving an attack on a lady.

was the attack also on CCTV ?

Last year it was the "honest" guy who stepped on money dropped by another shopper (in another province). 

This year it's this guy using his foot in a less than friendly manner.  These episodes only reinforce a negative view of the all foreigners.   

In many  instances, the  RTP have been known to track culprits  back to their places of residence by using cctv footage. Hopefully this happens and the situation is quickly resolved instead of  motivating random attacks on other foreigners by vengeful minded individuals, relatives or friends of the victim.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, robblok said:

What an idiot, and they should not pixelate his face out. Name and shame him.

I have accidently taken an others cart at times too, i say sorry in Thai (or English if its a foreigner) and done. 

Violent idiots be they Thai or foreigners need to be dealt with harshly. 

Care to wager where hes from?

3 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

In my experience , some are more prone to disruptive behaviour  than others. Airlines know this when they fly particular routes Worldwide.  Not all passengers are equal when it comes to an ability to be disruptive and a total  pain in the ass. 

it used to be the 'ugly American' who had the worst reputation as a traveler, not anymore..

1 hour ago, mortiboy said:

What an <deleted>! I done that me self sometimes, and had done to me! I laughed it off . It was fine!

I  attempted to get into the exact same model  colour and year car once in  the UK, I  was  thinking  why won t the doors  open before I twigged  it

• Like 2