Mall attack settled: Norwegian pays 30K to Thai lady shopper he kicked after trolley misunderstanding

webfact

1 minute ago, robblok said:

You can get the facts from the article. Do you dispute 30k was paid ? Do you dispute violence was used ? Those are not assumptions but facts.

Seems that you are on your own here. Do you think that is because people are beginning to realise that it isn't as cut and dried as you try to make it out to be.

The man acted reasonably, even if he had heightened emotions. You are only cool because you are typing anonymously from behind a keyboard and passing judgement.

But that is typing from behind a keyboard and not chasing down a thief.

Tell us about your real world experiences, rather than what you think you would do, after the fact.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, robblok said:

You dont dispute the fact about the amount paid .. its a fact

You might not agree with the amount but the fact that he paid 30k cant be disputed unless you know of a different amount paid.

You don't understand, i dispute the amount paid was way way too mutt for the 'alleged / umproven' crime.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, robblok said:

@cvs04  @CorpusChristie

Cvs04 who says he knows the guy claims 6000bt of shopping and car keys and so on.

Not sure if you and he have looked at the picture of him at the cashier of the Big C but his trolley is almost empty. Also why would anyone leave their car keys in this. 

To me it does not look like 6000bt of shopping from big C

133814468_3661062160675519_5905108903616454180_o.jpg

I see about six bags there. It easily could be worth 6000 baht. Do you now claim super powers to see through plastic bags?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I see about six bags there. It easily could be worth 6000 baht. Do you now claim super powers to see through plastic bags?

I see less bags its not even a full cart. Only way this could be worth 6000 baht if it was full of alcohol and then we know the reason for violence too ????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, robblok said:

No its because for me violence is a last resort. I have chased people for a missing trolley did not result in violence. The last time I was in a violent incident i was 18. I guess some people learn and avoid violence. There were plenty of times I could have resorted to violence. But I just did not as its stupid. 

Violence is not the answer, totally agree with you on that.

Also lying and taking advantage of people is not good! IMO that's what this women has done, there's no doubting that in my mind.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2020 at 3:36 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe he though she wants to steal what he paid for.

I don't say that was reasonable but I think from time to time we all act before we think.

She was wheeling it to an ATM. So probably not paid for items yet. Anyway, this pitbull is a real ambassador for his home country. I had hoped most thugs would have left Thailand by now. Seems there still are some out there. He can consider himself lucky that she was not my wife or sister.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, polpott said:

"Kicking a thief's legs from under them is not an unreasonable act in my opinion." A young woman who had mistakenly wandered off with the wrong trolley, something I've done several times. Even after being kicked she apologised and received a second kick. If you don't think that's unreasonable I suggest you need therapy.

We have the feeling that this wasnt a case of simply taking the wrong trolley , I think this was deliberate theft and the kick was done to stop the theft .

It could be that the mother was providing an alibi ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

No its because for me violence is a last resort. I have chased people for a missing trolley did not result in violence. The last time I was in a violent incident i was 18. I guess some people learn and avoid violence. There were plenty of times I could have resorted to violence. But I just did not as its stupid. 

So that is you. Violence is also a last resort for me. Maybe it was his last resort....or should everyone respond exactly as you do. Don't be ridiculous. You are no better than he and certainly no better than me.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, toho said:

She was wheeling it to an ATM. So probably not paid for items yet. Anyway, this pitbull is a real ambassador for his home country. I had hoped most thugs would have left Thailand by now. Seems there still are some out there. He can consider himself lucky that she was not my wife or sister.

Indeed-and well said.

3 minutes ago, toho said:

She was wheeling the trolley to an ATM , so she could withdraw some money and pay for the Mans groceries ?

If my friends/family got caught stealing , I wouldnt defend them 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

So that is you. Violence is also a last resort for me. Maybe it was his last resort....or should everyone respond exactly as you do. Don't be ridiculous. You are no better than he and certainly no better than me.

Im pretty sure im less violent then you. You seem to defend violence and in this case violence was not needed. So YES i claim im les violent then you. 

• Like 2

After reading the story and the updated information from his friend, you are either to believe he was the original crime victim or grossly overreacted to a somewhat common occurrence. At this point I do not know who to believe. We are not hearing from other eyewitnesses, surely there are several, that could support his or her version of events.  

3 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

But looking at this one incident, it was not unreasonable. We are not perfect, so one or two here should stop pretending that they are.

You think it is reasonable to kick women-who are not offering you violence?

The facts as stated is that he accosted her,kicked her,then got a wai and kicked her again.

Which cost him 30,000 baht.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Silencer said:

After reading the story and the updated information from his friend, you are either to believe he was the original crime victim or grossly overreacted to a somewhat common occurrence. At this point I do not know who to believe. We are not hearing from other eyewitnesses, surely there are several, that could support his or her version of events.  

What friend-an anonymous poster on ThaiVisa?

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 3:00 AM, colinneil said:

Well that certainly was an expensive shopping trip for him.

He is a damn lucky man, that it is not going to court, or he might have been back in the cold in Norway.

He was luky not to be killed by her boyfriend

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

You think it is reasonable to kick women-who are not offering you violence?

The facts as stated is that he accosted her,kicked her,then got a wai and kicked her again.

Which cost him 30,000 baht.

I think its reasonable to stop a thief running off with what they have stolen .

Knocking them off balance is using reasonable force to stop them running 

She says he kicked her again and she opologised , that hasnt been confirmed .

Only what she says , could be that she wasnt telling the truth .

Just now, CorpusChristie said:

Quite a mendacious post.

Was she walking or running away?

Do you personally kick women to knock them off balance?

Do you kick them again when they have stopped and wai'd you?

You appear to have confabulated quite a lot of "facts"-you have no idea what was the actual truth but you appear to extol physical violence..

One wonders about Caucasian males who appear to have the personality of a feral shopping trolley...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CorpusChristie said:

I would say it would be reasonable if a thief was going faster and running. Not when hampered with a trolley. Its like saying its ok to tackle a guy with a cane for a walking. I mean you only kick someone off balance if there is no way that you can stop him otherwise. That is not the case when there is a huge difference in speed. Someone healthy like this guy running vs a petite Thai woman with a trolley.

Now if it was a normal guy running off with your wallet both on foot then sure tackle him. But not if it was a slow moving handicapped guy. 

Maybe you get the point a bit (or maybe you dont want too).

You only tackle if you dont have other options. Stopping a slow moving trolley is easy. Next time try running with a trolley (if your lucky to have one whose wheels don't move wrongly and its a good one you will wont be able to go fast for long unlike running without one)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, robblok said:

Im pretty sure im less violent then you. You seem to defend violence and in this case violence was not needed. So YES i claim im les violent then you. 

You can 'claim' whatever you like. I defend innocent Norwegians against flagrant keyboard warriors.

Kick the <deleted> of a running thief is ok in my book.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Quite a mendacious post.

Was she walking or running away?

Do you personally kick women to knock them off balance?

Do you kick them again when they have stopped and wai'd you?

You appear to have confabulated quite a lot of "facts"-you have no idea what was the actual truth but you appear to extol physical violence..

One wonders about Caucasian males who appear to have the personality of a feral shopping trolley...

She was running away with the trolley, even after being asked to stop running .

I do not kick woman off balance , but if a thief was running off with my belongings , I would try to stop them .

Once again, there is no proof that he kicked her again, after she'd wai'd .

I do not agree with violence  , but can understand people stopping a theft and using minimal force to do that .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

The thing is the facts from the "friend"  are taken for the truth without question while questioning everything in the news report. Bit bias IMHO. 

The friend seems to know what hes talking about and has spoken to the victim and what he says seems quite plausible  .

The news report seems to be inaccurate by stating the man had stolen the groceries because he took them out the shop without paying for them