All gatherings banned in areas in Thailand affected by COVID-19

webfact

13 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Kanchanapisek road was packed yesterday early afternoon in one direction - away from Bangkok. But by 10 pm when we were on the way home it was relatively empty. Usually it would be packed for much much longer. 

Maybe more will be traveling North today? 

Rama 4 Rd. Has been fairly empty today, no morning traffic and nothing at lunch time.  Feels like a Sunday here.

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

Rama 4 Rd. Has been fairly empty today, no morning traffic and nothing at lunch time.  Feels like a Sunday here.

On the way home, wifey said Bangkok had been very quiet and would probably be even quieter over the next few days. 

Guards are back on the doors of the malls I've been to over the last few days. Enforcing temperature checks, and mask wearing. But I noticed few bothering to sign in, written or phone scan so tracing not so easy should the worse happen.

Went to the cinema and had dinner out yesterday. Good social distancing being enforced in cinema and restaurant. 

But everywhere that's newsworthy, the second wave seems worse than the first. Makes you wonder what's really happening in those countries not deemed so newsworthy by MSM.

Stay safe and HNY!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand bans New Year gatherings to contain virus outbreak

Very sad and I offer my sympathy to all of you in LOS. So very different across the border here in Khmer Land with New Year parties gathering pace. I have been invited to one big "bash" tonight. Have just returned from Makro in Siem Reap which was very busy - facemasks recommended but not mandatory, hands sanitized, temperature 35.8, no social distancing and none of the Thai Chana app rubbish. Bars and restaurants will be open to celebrate the arrival of 2021. Very heavy traffic on main road between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh. Museums, theatres, cinemas and other cultural/entertainment venues re-open tomorrow (1 January) after our recent "hot spot" scare. 

• Thanks 1