Restaurants in Pattaya allowed to re-open

Jonathan Fairfield

2 hours ago, polpott said:

The CCSA have now asked the governor of Chonburi to reverse his reversed decision and return restaurants to takeaway only. You couldn't make it up.

Hard to see Thailand moving forward, with so much reversing going on.  ????

They never closed.  Not in central at least.  They were quite thriving AND serving alcohol last night and today.

Now, if the purpose was to stop crazy crowds for weekend, great, mission accomplished.  Can we please also have everything else back as well and just say no bars and everything closes at 10.  

...Keep some sanity.

cause if there is one place you are gonna get it it'd be a restaurant, with the dozens of people that touch your food, silverware, plate, cups, drinks, beers, receipts, receipt cup, menu, walk by you , sit by you, serve you, clean up while you sit there.

But a movie theater with 5 people in it is more dangerous?  or gym with 10 people where they constantly wipe things down and provide you with cleaning goods to do it yourself.

Glad they relenting already, but let's just admit they wanted to kill the holiday crowd and drinking crowd
which even that is paranoia for a mere 140 people , 120 asymptomatic, no deaths out of a near million.

I can at least get behind canceling the holiday and the weekend as a reason...but the mandate is/was basically a full scale lockdown again.

Hopefully everything by Monday is re-opened.

Edited by Dart12
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leaver said:

What could possibly go wrong?  ????

I'm sure the announcement kept many people from traveling here, and many others from bothering to go out.  So I'm sure it had the effect they wanted overall.

I had to work last night so no matter to me...but I live off 2nd so travel beach to get down to villa and back.  Honestly was laughing and suprised that ALL were open openly.  Like Hooters with DJ and people there (not packed or anything) but had beach side seats filled at least.  

Not just them, but all restaurants.

24 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

I'm sure the announcement kept many people from traveling here, and many others from bothering to go out.  So I'm sure it had the effect they wanted overall.

I had to work last night so no matter to me...but I live off 2nd so travel beach to get down to villa and back.  Honestly was laughing and suprised that ALL were open openly.  Like Hooters with DJ and people there (not packed or anything) but had beach side seats filled at least.  

Makes you wonder how many cases and / or deaths are needed for proper enforcement.  

Edited by Leaver

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

You should look at the post I was replying to before you blather off at some self made tangent. I responded to the queried reasoning why restaurants could only serve alcohol with meals. 

The change of mind they had belatedly on eat in meals is another separate matter. 

Your words or not?

"Yes I think they learned a few lessons from mistakes last time."

Says it all.

2 hours ago, Dart12 said:

It certainly kept people away from the beach in the north, we were out and about and everything was shut other than takeaway.

Beach near Soi 6, which was in total darkness, about 9.30 time.

IMG_20201231_212332[1].jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dart12 said:

cause if there is one place you are gonna get it it'd be a restaurant, with the dozens of people that touch your food, silverware, plate, cups, drinks, beers, receipts, receipt cup, menu, walk by you , sit by you, serve you, clean up while you sit there.

That is the old status from April 2020.

I suggest, you check relevant  BMJ studies or the WHO publications: 

1) the virus is transmitted by air, not from surfaces

2) it needs a longer exposure (minimum 10 minutes to transfer a sufficient virus load), therefore someone just passing you is not exposing you to a number of viruses high enough to overwhelm your immune system

3) There is no study, I am aware of, which shows, restaurants are a hotspot.

Meanwhile, 9 months have passed, there’s more scientific and statistical material about SAR-Cov2 publicly available then to any other infectious disease 

... so it should be time, that our media, “influencers” and especially: politicians, go with the time and inform themselves, instead of just continuously repeating old so-called “facts” from April, when we were all rightfully scared, because sufficient data and studies were not available.

P.S.

... and sticking to old Cholera-style measures from the 19th century is absolutely not understandable,

in the 21st century, with all our science, data and computational power, never before experienced - we should do far better, there are a lot of doctors giving advice for better measures.

It was already in April clear, that the main risk group were people above 70 in care homes - but despite that, 50%-64% of Covid-deaths in France, UK, Sweden, Spain NYC suffered exactly in this risk group!

We could and should do far, far better really protecting our elders !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

Can you imagine the amount of phone calls coming from some very touchy individuals to the government ?    Ooooh, wouldn't it be nice to be a fly on the wall in the halls of power......  Hey Somchai, open it up. or we'll open you up........ Kao jai mei ?  

Well ... imagine, you are a restaurant owner, you already had a very low turnover during the last few months, then you stocked up for preparing a big New Year dinner, spending a huge amount of money.

What would you do ?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, polpott said:

The CCSA have now asked the governor of Chonburi to reverse his reversed decision and return restaurants to takeaway only. You couldn't make it up.

Yep - heard that already last night... and the guy telling that seems well connected.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BernieOnTour said:

I suggest, you check relevant  BMJ studies or the WHO publications: 

1) the virus is transmitted by air, not from surfaces

2) it needs a longer exposure (minimum 10 minutes to transfer a sufficient virus load), therefore someone just passing you is not exposing you to a number of viruses high enough to overwhelm your immune system

3) There is no study, I am aware of, which shows, restaurants are a hotspot.

Meanwhile, 9 months have passed, there’s more scientific and statistical material about SAR-Cov2 publicly available then to any other infectious disease 

... so it should be time, that our media, “influencers” and especially: politicians, go with the time and inform themselves, instead of just continuously repeating old so-called “facts” from April, when we were all rightfully scared, because sufficient data and studies were not available.

P.S.

... and sticking to old Cholera-style measures from the 19th century is absolutely not understandable,

in the 21st century, with all our science, data and computational power, never before experienced - we should do far better, there are a lot of doctors giving advice for better measures.

It was already in April clear, that the main risk group were people above 70 in care homes - but despite that, 50%-64% of Covid-deaths in France, UK, Sweden, Spain NYC suffered exactly in this risk group!

We could and should do far, far better really protecting our elders ! 

Hey you got the perfect saying....

Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing.

I would say the virus circus is doing a excellent job of this...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BernieOnTour said:

Well ... imagine, you are a restaurant owner, you already had a very low turnover during the last few months, then you stocked up for preparing a big New Year dinner, spending a huge amount of money.

What would you do ?

Order a hit, then the turkey .........

2 hours ago, BernieOnTour said:

Yep - heard that already last night... and the guy telling that seems well connected.

It was openly reported at the CCSA press briefing today. However, no news yet so maybe the governor has told them to take a hike.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BernieOnTour said:

And now we have a new variant going round that is 1.5 times more contagious. We need an update to that new status.....daily new cases in the UK are at an all time high (>50,000/day) despite 80% now being under tier 4 restrictions.

I ventured  out 5pm yesterday.............went to 3 Mermaids Cafe on Pratamak Hill...........about 100 people there , 90 % were thai...........looking round masks worn but under the chin.....i kept mine fully on

Next stop was Jomtien bar (no names) had maybe 20 customers at 7pm....no masks worn

Last stop Beer Hub Soi Boukhao 8-10pm.............quiet ,maybe 10 customers.....all had masks

I know i should be holed up in the house...........and will be for the next week...........just needed to get out for a few hours.

Nice view from 3 Mermaids by the way

c.jpg

Edited by thaiflyer1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thaiflyer1 said:

I ventured  out 5pm yesterday.............went to 3 Mermaids Cafe on Pratamak Hill...........about 100 people there , 90 % were thai...........looking round masks worn but under the chin.....i kept mine fully on

Next stop was Jomtien bar (no names) had maybe 20 customers at 7pm....no masks worn

Last stop Beer Hub Soi Boukhao 8-10pm.............quiet ,maybe 10 customers.....all had masks

I know i should be holed up in the house...........and will be for the next week...........just needed to get out for a few hours.

Nice view from 3 Mermaids by the way

c.jpg

The Hoegaarden looks lonely

On 12/31/2020 at 2:41 PM, Golden Triangle said:

No mention of alcohol in the email although there is a picture of 2 Champagne flutes, not sure if I'm allowed to post their phone number but if you Google or FB their number is there.

HOW DOES one get covid from opening and dinking a bottle of booze......???

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tinca tinca said:

HOW DOES one get covid from opening and dinking a bottle of booze......???

A fellow member asked me a specific question to which I replied, so why are you asking me that question ? He wanted to know if the restaurant was serving alcohol and that was my reply, or didn't you read the whole thread ??