What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

"The Mosquito Coast,” the widely anticipated drama series adapted from the best-selling novel and starring Justin Theroux, Melissa George, Logan Polish and Gabriel Bateman, will premiere globally with the first two episodes on Friday, April 30, followed by new episodes every Friday on Apple TV+.

From award-winning novelist Neil Cross, and based on the best-selling book by Paul Theroux which celebrates its 40th anniversary this year, “The Mosquito Coast” is a gripping adventure and layered character drama following the dangerous journey of a radical idealist and brilliant inventor, Allie Fox (played by Justin Theroux), who uproots his family for Mexico when they suddenly find themselves on the run from the US government.

Justin Theroux starring in this adaptation of the book penned by his uncle Paul some forty years ago.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Will27 said:

The Father

This one has excellent reviews.
Out now on RARBG.

Summary: A man refuses all assistance from his daughter as he ages. As he tries to make sense of his changing circumstances, he begins to doubt his loved ones, his own mind and even the fabric of his reality.

I watched the entire film. For me it was very depressing subject dealing with dementia, even though it was a good cast.

• Thanks 1

I have not been able to find much in the way of good and interesting movies, but perhaps that's because I am not looking in the right places!

I did manage to download a good remastered version of "Heavens Gate" which went on for three hours 20 minutes and was good quality, although I have to say that there were many scenes that could have been deleted altogether or even shortened, but I believe that was tried before with disastrous consequences. Never mind it was an enjoyable watch.

Also watched a film which I've seen before and liked, but couldn't quite remember all of the bits and pieces, called, "A History of Violence" starring Viggo Mortensen and Robert Duvall amongst others, and enjoyed it yet again.

"The Devils Advocate" was another movie I recently downloaded and watched, and really couldn't remember any of it from a previous viewing and that was most enjoyable.

A long-time favourite of mine, "Tombstone" also filled a vacant evenings viewing and it doesn't matter how many times I watch that movie, I still love it, and Val Kilmer's performance has to be the best of his career.

• Like 2

Another classic that's worth a watch:-

Das Boot (1981) 

"The claustrophobic world of a WWII German U-boat; boredom, filth and sheer terror "

Available on 1337x in various forms, German/English-audio/subs

Documentary of the making of Das Boot available on TVChaos

"Das Boot Revisited An Underwater Success Story"

Enjoy.

Edited by Jai Dee
Link to file sharing website removed as per Forum Rules
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I watched the entire film. For me it was very depressing subject dealing with dementia, even though it was a good cast.

I think "depressing", "depraved" and "deceased" are what makes Will tick and keep him so cheery. I may be wrong though.........

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, giddyup said:

Yes. Wasn't a patch on the book though.

Watched that (Mosquito Coast) last night as had never seen it before and didn't like the Harrison Ford character one bit!! Enjoyable though.

Edited by xylophone

56 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

I think "depressing", "depraved" and "deceased" are what makes Will tick and keep him so cheery. I may be wrong though.........

As Meatloaf says mate, two out of 3 ain't bad.

• Like 1

Tv Series - Special Division AKA Hatuk Bazhin

I'm enjoying this one.
It's a bit of an old fashion series even though it's not that old.
On TPB with hard coded subs.

Summary: An elite Special Division that tackles difficult crimes and embraces its mission as a calling rather than a job. No moral ambiguity here - just good guys ferreting out the bad. It’s a very traditional show, generated by a society more traditional than the US. 
Special Division offers a look into a culture and part of the world you may not be acquainted with. How cool is that?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, bluesofa said:

yer I watched it last night....scary, if your an old codger like me....... Hopkins as usual great performance.

4 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

Just to be clear, as I had to look it up, After Life season 3 hasn't started filming yet, and might come out next year.

I just got to watch the first episode first season of it last night--- what Chanel puts it out? I mean you are used to hearing everyone saying F<deleted>> this & F<deleted> that now -- but his language was strong, when he says to some 8-9 year old school kid in the school playground -- "You Fc**ing Ginger C-*t".... I thought wow TVs changed a little bit.

But good black humor (Humour) ..I liked it.

Edited by sanuk711

8 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

A documentary series on BBC about police in Manchester just started. I wouldn't want to go back there!

A name would help, but is this it?  "The Detectives: Fighting Organised Crime" Episode 1 is now available on PB.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

A name would help.

THE DETECTIVES. Fighting Organised Crime.

Note that the main female detective is always wearing a dark green anorak, inside or outside, one day and the next.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue Muton said:

I suspect that Sherlock Homes purists have ganged up to give it low ratings before it was even broadcast.

Well I know a lot of reactionary types are trashing it just based on the racial diversity of the cast not being so called authentic. But I did my own "research" on it wink wink nod nod and it really did seem overly young adult market and didn't do it for me. Tastes vary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

A documentary series on BBC about police in Manchester just started. I wouldn't want to go back there!

Yeah man, f'dat .. It was an interesting watch.

Along with that little sh... on 24 hours last week, catching girls from facebook, you would run him over in the street if you ever saw him.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 8:49 PM, recom273 said:

I find Ricky Gervais irritating - My missus thought Karl Pilkington was the funniest thing she ever saw.

I will give Friday night dinner a look see. Cheers!

Some of the bloopers from After Life are really funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, faraday said:

Damn thing is 13Gb, only got about 9 on me tablet!

Faraday

Do you download straight from your tablet or do you download from a computer and transfer the files across?