What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2021)

CharlieH

On 12/22/2021 at 6:45 PM, JustAnotherHun said:

"True Detective"

Worth watching!

Just finished bingeing on True Detective.

The first series with Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson was excellent.

The second  series with Colin Farrell,  Rachel McAdams and Vince Vaughn was also good though with a slow start but a great finale. 

But the third series with lesser known cast of Mahershala Ali, Carmen Ejogo and Stephen Dorff was akin to watching paint dry on a cold wet day.

I would recommend just watching the first two series and then have a siesta. ????

True Detective (TV Series 2014–2019) - IMDb

Edited by LosLobo

11 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

you can store 10.000 bills in your briefcase? That must be a true huge one ????

You could fit it into a standard briefcase! If you stacked them one-on-one they would be just over 1 metre high.

Edited by LosLobo

17 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Streaming services means you have to sign up and pay money, Yes? 

I prefer not to "belong" to any "service" .  

Torrents are free and easy IMO

I stopped using torrents a few years ago, except for some much older stuff that is only available on torrents. As I only watch one or two movies/series from each provider(Netflix, Apple+, Paramount, etc.) I cannot justify paying the monthly fees for the little amount I would get.

I get most everything from scene dash rls dot net, where all new videos are distributed. This is where the people who publish the torrents get the stuff they distribute. Generally available here before any torrents are available. 

• Like 2

I didn't even know this was coming, but it's started now and episode 1 should be in all the usual places, Looks a lot like "the Mandalorian" in style.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13668894

The legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett navigates the underworld of the galaxy with mercenary Fennec Shand when they return to the sands of Tattooine to stake their claim on the territory formerly ruled by the deceased crime lord Jabba the Hutt.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, seedy said:

Gotta pay to DL

Nope. I use the dropapk (or dropa lately) and there's no pay for the slow DL. Get a free account at dropa and it doubles the speed, up to about 1mb/sec. Theres a new choice fastlink that i haven't tried that also has a free mode.

Dropa limits the size of the files to maybe 1 or 2 gb, so its not a source tor 2160p movies.

3 hours ago, gargamon said:

I didn't even know this was coming, but it's started now and episode 1 should be in all the usual places, Looks a lot like "the Mandalorian" in style.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13668894

The legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett navigates the underworld of the galaxy with mercenary Fennec Shand when they return to the sands of Tattooine to stake their claim on the territory formerly ruled by the deceased crime lord Jabba the Hutt.

Jabba the Hutt was a nasty piece of work,needed a few weeks in Soi 6

On 12/28/2021 at 1:28 PM, WorriedNoodle said:

Very good IMO........

Sort of follows on from the BBC series about Jeremy Thorpe, "A Very English Affair" which I thought was excellent, and I hope they produce many more of them.

Had to admit to looking up the circumstances surrounding the Argyll case, and the three parter was true to the story in the main.

After being thoroughly disappointed with the new version of Dune, I downloaded and watched the original 1984 version, albeit remastered, and enjoyed it, and for the first time of watching it on about three occasions, I finally understood it all!!!!!

Although, I will add a rider to the above, inasmuch as the special effects were a bit naff in some parts, at least compared to what can be done today with CGI

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

I re-watched "Heat" last night--- I had been reading a Biography from a retired FBI  agent who headed up the Bank robbery unit in L.A. (most banks robbed in USA are in L.A.) He wrote about the different cases he had been on and also touched on the movies about bank robberies -which, he says- most people in the law enforcement find laughable. The exception would be the movie Heat--which came close to fact in some parts, but still fell short, in as much as when you watch guys running out of the bank to the get-away car with a Million $ or so in a duffel bag,  the public do not realize just how heavy & bulky money really is. 

I guess everyone has probably seen the movie. But if your stuck for something to watch---its worth a download.

All the stars--  De Niro, Al" 'Pacino, Jon Voight, and a heap of other including who I thought at the time would be a hugh star  Val Kilmer

I took it from "Yify"....which is a Kiwi site known for crunching movies down to a smaller size, because places like Rarbg  etc seem to be doing quite large downloads--- Yify also supplies most of its movies to Pirates so your also find it there.

They made some great movies in the 90s-

Tom Sizemore, Kilmer, and Voight (his best ever) were all impressive.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2021 at 8:06 AM, recom273 said:

There does seem to be a lot of them this year - there was a day last week when the top 10 torrent movie downloads were all Christmas themed movies. I actually asked the a similar question to myself. 

any good answers

• Haha 1

For those of you who still watch Disney+ releases, despite their despicable handling of Gina Carano, their latest, "The Book Of Boba Fett" is out. TBH, Boba is not one of my most favorite characters in the Star Wars universe, don't really understand why they make the series on him, but I'll watch it and see how it develops. However, Ming-Na Wen is also in it and she's one of my favorite action characters, so she might save the story a bit.

• Like 2

On 12/24/2021 at 6:58 PM, 2 is 1 said:

I like Yellowsone much, but season 4 not so good so far than previous one's. Watch yesterday new Matrix Resurrections and that was totally horse sht! Almost not even watch hole movie! New James Bond was totaly sht also! 1883 watched first episode , to me was boring hopely chance when going forward.

your easy pleased then

• Haha 2