Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's Music (2021)

CharlieH

On 3/31/2021 at 6:25 PM, bannork said:

Happy Birthday to Mick Ralphs of Mott The Hoople and Bad Company fame.

And the tireless Angus Young of AC/DC

Lost my hearing for a week after seeing them live ????

• Haha 1

"Recorded Live at Criteria Studios, Miami, Florida, USA August 02, 1970. A few uninspired days into the Layla sessions, Dowd, who was also producing for the Allmans for their album Idlewild South, invited Clapton to an Allman Brothers outdoor concert in Miami, where Clapton first heard Duane Allman play live. The Dominos were sneaked into the show with the help of Dowd and sat between the riser and fans below. At the concert, Dowd distinctly remembers: "Duane was in the middle of a solo; he opens his eyes and looks down, does a dead stare, and stops playing. Dickey Betts is chugging along, see Duane's stopped playing, and figures he'd better cover, that Duane must've broken a string or something. Then Dickey looks down, sees Eric, and turns his back. That was how they first saw each other." Formal introductions were made after the show. Eric invited the entire band to Criteria Studios for a jam. After the concert was over, they all came back to the studio and jammed until approximately 6:00 the next night, Dowd remembered. "They were trading licks. They were swapping guitars. They were talking shop and information and having a ball no holds barred, just admiration for each other's technique and facility. There was no control. We turned the tapes on and they went on for 15 to 18 hours like that. You just kept the machines rolling. I went through two or three sets of engineers. It was a wonderful experience."

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bobandyson said:

"Recorded Live at Criteria Studios, Miami, Florida, USA August 02, 1970. A few uninspired days into the Layla sessions, Dowd, who was also producing for the Allmans for their album Idlewild South, invited Clapton to an Allman Brothers outdoor concert in Miami, where Clapton first heard Duane Allman play live. The Dominos were sneaked into the show with the help of Dowd and sat between the riser and fans below. At the concert, Dowd distinctly remembers: "Duane was in the middle of a solo; he opens his eyes and looks down, does a dead stare, and stops playing. Dickey Betts is chugging along, see Duane's stopped playing, and figures he'd better cover, that Duane must've broken a string or something. Then Dickey looks down, sees Eric, and turns his back. That was how they first saw each other." Formal introductions were made after the show. Eric invited the entire band to Criteria Studios for a jam. After the concert was over, they all came back to the studio and jammed until approximately 6:00 the next night, Dowd remembered. "They were trading licks. They were swapping guitars. They were talking shop and information and having a ball no holds barred, just admiration for each other's technique and facility. There was no control. We turned the tapes on and they went on for 15 to 18 hours like that. You just kept the machines rolling. I went through two or three sets of engineers. It was a wonderful experience."

Apparently they helped Eric get over his fear of singing ????

• Haha 1

On 4/23/2021 at 8:48 PM, jvs said:

@ Bannork,

not old but timeless,

Funny you say that jvs, just yesterday I was listening to a great song by Mandolin Orange, recorded just a few years ago but in a traditional style. At first I thought I couldn't post it in this thread but really I should for its essence, like your post, is from a rich musical heritage.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bannork said:

Funny you say that jvs, just yesterday I was listening to a great song by Mandolin Orange, recorded just a few years ago but in a traditional style. At first I thought I couldn't post it in this thread but really I should for its essence, like your post, is from a rich musical heritage.

I think so far this has been an easy one for the mods.Just keep posting great music!