Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's Music (2021)

CharlieH

Happy Birthday to one of the greats, David Gilmour. Such a player, and what a tone!

As someone who is especially appreciative of his cows' dung for fertilizing the farm produce, this track has particular significance.

Plus it's a great groove.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 1:38 AM, bobandyson said:

Don't get to hear much of country rock nowadays.

I saw these guys a long time ago in a  bar in Lethbridge,i think it was in Februari and it was cold!Great band.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jvs said:

This song was banned in Canada,

On what grounds? Ozzie wasn't totally gaga at that time so it would have been hard for the authorities to cite him as a bad influence on the young.

On this day Fred Neil was born. The writer of 'Everybody's Talkin' amongst other memorable songs. 

43 minutes ago, bannork said:

On what grounds? Ozzie wasn't totally gaga at that time so it would have been hard for the authorities to cite him as a bad influence on the young.

I have no idea why not but i remember one night we called a radiostation in Lethbridge

and the dj told us he was not allowed to play it.Maybe just this radio station?No idea.

It was 1090 CHEC,radio station.

2 hours ago, bannork said:

On this day Fred Neil was born. The writer of 'Everybody's Talkin' amongst other memorable songs. 

So was kevin wilson 'you cant say cxxnt in canada'

hilarious song ????

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 6:53 PM, bannork said:

Happy Birthday too to Sly.

And Happy Birthday to Mike Love.

His surname maybe a misnomer amongst the band but he wrote the words to this classic.

Mike Love wrote SOME of the words to this song ie the two lines to the chorus. Brian did the rest.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1