Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's Music (2021)

CharlieH

Louis Clark (d. 13 February 2021) was an English music arranger and one-time keyboard player for ELO.  Clark was the conductor and arranger of the orchestra and choir hired to back Electric Light Orchestra's sound, introduced on their album Eldorado in '74. He assisted Jeff Lynne and Richard Tandy in writing the string arrangements for the studio albums Eldorado, Face the Music, A New World Record, Out of the Blue, Discovery and Xanadu.

The title track of one of the best all-around rock 'n' roll albums ever recorded, Eldorado.

A band that was founded in 1961 and has had the same members since 1970 has called it quits.

Not that they wanted to but a member of the band has a disease that stops him from performing.

George Kooymans can no longer play and the band says they are so in tune with each other

that getting a replacement is unthinkable.

The Golden Earring.

I have been to a number of their concerts,a great band!

All things must come to an end but the music lives on.

Check out some of their songs,real rockers these guys and one of the best bands ever!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jvs said:

A band that was founded in 1961 and has had the same members since 1970 has called it quits.

Not that they wanted to but a member of the band has a disease that stops him from performing.

George Kooymans can no longer play and the band says they are so in tune with each other

that getting a replacement is unthinkable.

The Golden Earring.

I have been to a number of their concerts,a great band!

All things must come to an end but the music lives on.

Check out some of their songs,real rockers these guys and one of the best bands ever!

The classic 60's sound on the ballad I Am A fool off of their '65 debut, Just Ear-rings, when they were know as The Golden Ear-rings.

• Like 1

Relations between Jagger and Richards had grown tense into the third decade of the Rolling Stones as they began to disagree on the musical direction of the band; "You Don't Move Me" would be written about their feud.  Off of Richard's first solo album from '88, Talk Is Cheap.