28 Thai provinces to be ‘highly controlled’ (red) zones as CCSA proposes greater restrictions

Jonathan Fairfield

On 1/2/2021 at 2:43 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

28 Thai provinces to be ‘highly controlled’ (red) zones as CCSA proposes greater restrictions

2021-01-02T045304Z_1_LYNXMPEH0101F_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A medic wearing a protective suit and a face mask is pictured at a mobile laboratory for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) testing in Bangkok, Thailand, April 9, 2020. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

Thailand’s Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) will propose even greater restrictions on businesses and people's movement in many provinces to help control the spread of the new wave of coronavirus infections in Thailand.

On Monday, the CCSA will propose that 28 provinces will become ‘highly controlled’ (red) zones. 

The provinces are: Ang Thong, Ayutthaya, Bangkok, Chachoengsao, Chanthaburi, Chonburi, Chumphon, Kanchanaburi, Lopburi, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phetchaburi, Prachinburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Ranong, Ratchaburi, Rayong, Sakeao, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Singburi, Suphanburi, Tak and Trat.

Pending sign off from the Prime Minister, the proposed restrictions could be similar to the increased restrictions put in place in Bangkok on Friday, such as closure of high-risk locations, a ban on non-essential cross provincial travel and work from home where possible. 

In Bangkok, bars, pubs, clubs, gyms, schools and massage parlours are just some of the many businesses that have been ordered to close.

If the proposed increase in restrictions are approved they are likely to run from  4th January to 1st February, CCSA spokesperson Dr Taweesin said. 

The remaining provinces will be categorised as ‘controlled zones’ (orange) or ‘highly monitored zones’ (yellow). There are  currently no longer any provinces in the lowest level of control zoning, with 53 out of 77 provinces now confirming at least one COVID-19 case.

Announcing the proposals during his daily COVID-19 media briefing on Saturday, Dr Taweesin said that while restrictions will be escalated and there will be some disruption to the opening of business, there are no plans for a curfew. 

An all out national lockdown was also not mentioned.

The English language CCSA briefing with Natapanu Nopakun, Deputy Spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs where the proposed restrictions are discussed can be watched below.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-02

Welcome to the New World Order citizens

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Totally agree, even the WHO advise against lockdowns, because they do more harm than good!

"Dr Nabarro appealed to world leaders and told them to stop "using lockdowns as your primary control method" in an interview with Andrew Neil for Spectator TV.

He said: "Lockdowns just have one consequence that you must never ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer."

The doctor continued: "We in the World Health Organization do not advocate lockdowns as the primary means of control of this virus.

"The only time we believe a lockdown is justified is to buy you time to reorganize, regroup, re balance your resources, protect your health workers who are exhausted, but by and large, we’d rather not do it."

The expert said many poorer countries have been indirectly impacted by richer nations' decisions to shutdown."

Someone else who didnt bother reading to the end.

The WHO do NOT advise against lockdowns, read the entire statement

https://globalnews.ca/news/7398396/coronavirus-lockdown-who-reality-check/

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I was advised by what I consider to be a reliable source that Prachuab. including Hua Hin was going to be shut until the end of the month. They will do the same as last time i think, which is to order a few days closure, then spring a month on the end. Then wait to see what transpires. A few hours after I was told this,  the schools were told to close for a month. Not looking good around here. 

I live near Prachuap/Klong wan i am still at a loss to see why we are a red zone if we indeed really are (see Map) as no listing show any cases apart from the immigration woman and "an" other

In fact todays map from the headquarters of control says none

Confusion as usual reigns supreme

EqyAvZLVgAA2DMp.jpg

Edited by poohy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DLock said:

It was always going to be the 4th January...after everyone spent money on the holidays...

Now, the smart money is on that COVID has been travelled to every corner of Thailand...and I guess in the next 7 - 14 days will tell...assuming they actually test...

Yes, very stupid to not ban Provincial travel right from the start. 

Early action might have slowed this right down. 

I see people are still sneaking across the border, with 2 caught sneaking over the fence behind a Thai temple in Kanchanaburi. 

The total number of cases has nearly reached 8000 double the 4000 odd that sat there for months. 

So this looks bad and if it is not slowing in the next few days, it might be a runaway train. 

The borders leak and it seems that they are poorly patrolled, this could be a major outbreak this time. 

I'm hoping not as I want to be back in Thailand, stuck now in NZ nearly one year, I can come back with my Thai wife and son but we will wait a bit longer, I'm hoping maybe things will be better by September, but wouldn't bet on it 

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all posting on TV. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

Wonderful; now she should be used as a National Advertisment to all Thai Children as most are only interested in Cartoons !

Watching endless Hours of English spoken Cartoons was how my Daughter learned to speak perfect English.

Thank you Dora.

• Like 2

Face it. No one agrees on anything. Lock downs seem to have little effect and cause more pain than cure. Masks or no masks still under big debate.  Conspiracy theories are  all over the show with a run on foil for making hats. Strangely only China seems to have everything under control. If of course you can believe them?  Europe and California  has been in lock down a lot and it has done nothing but destroy business and lives. My 3 children live in Germany and keep me up to date on Europe.Now we have to wait to see who wins the senate and according to many pundits who wins the election? My booze store room is full and my popcorn machine is on emergency stand bye. Happy new year and enjoy the show.

• Like 1

Our school in Suphanburi is requiring all teachers to report and teach online from the school tomorrow--which is shortsighted, dangerous without cause, and places the entire staff at risk. Note from the edict above : " and work from home where possible. "   The edict is to take force after signed off by the Prime M tomorrow, and there is an online teachers meeting at 3:15 PM tomorrow.  If I catch death from this I will come back and haunt the control freaky fools until all the hells freeze over.

14 minutes ago, johnmcc6 said:

Face it. No one agrees on anything. Lock downs seem to have little effect and cause more pain than cure. Masks or no masks still under big debate.  Conspiracy theories are  all over the show with a run on foil for making hats. Strangely only China seems to have everything under control. If of course you can believe them?  Europe and California  has been in lock down a lot and it has done nothing but destroy business and lives. My 3 children live in Germany and keep me up to date on Europe.Now we have to wait to see who wins the senate and according to many pundits who wins the election? My booze store room is full and my popcorn machine is on emergency stand bye. Happy new year and enjoy the show.

Sweden had no lockdown and now regrets it. There is no big debate about masks, and assertions to that effect are conspiracy flakey foolish farces.  The European lockdowns and California lockdown have saved lives.  Really, people that wag the dog from the far right looney tunes university should be made to volunteer at one of the many the over-run hospitals or the at one of the shiny new graveyards cropping up internationally.

Edited by FangFerang
  • Haha 1

On 1/2/2021 at 2:43 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

2021-01-02T045304Z_1_LYNXMPEH0101F_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND.JPG

FILE PHOTO: A medic wearing a protective suit and a face mask is pictured at a mobile laboratory for coronavirus disease (COVID-19) testing in Bangkok, Thailand, April 9, 2020. REUTERS/Soe Zeya Tun

Thailand’s Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) will propose even greater restrictions on businesses and people's movement in many provinces to help control the spread of the new wave of coronavirus infections in Thailand.

On Monday, the CCSA will propose that 28 provinces will become ‘highly controlled’ (red) zones. 

The provinces are: Ang Thong, Ayutthaya, Bangkok, Chachoengsao, Chanthaburi, Chonburi, Chumphon, Kanchanaburi, Lopburi, Nakhon Nayok, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phetchaburi, Prachinburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Ranong, Ratchaburi, Rayong, Sakeao, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakhon, Samut Songkhram, Saraburi, Singburi, Suphanburi, Tak and Trat.

Pending sign off from the Prime Minister, the proposed restrictions could be similar to the increased restrictions put in place in Bangkok on Friday, such as closure of high-risk locations, a ban on non-essential cross provincial travel and work from home where possible. 

In Bangkok, bars, pubs, clubs, gyms, schools and massage parlours are just some of the many businesses that have been ordered to close.

If the proposed increase in restrictions are approved they are likely to run from  4th January to 1st February, CCSA spokesperson Dr Taweesin said. 

The remaining provinces will be categorised as ‘controlled zones’ (orange) or ‘highly monitored zones’ (yellow). There are  currently no longer any provinces in the lowest level of control zoning, with 53 out of 77 provinces now confirming at least one COVID-19 case.

Announcing the proposals during his daily COVID-19 media briefing on Saturday, Dr Taweesin said that while restrictions will be escalated and there will be some disruption to the opening of business, there are no plans for a curfew. 

An all out national lockdown was also not mentioned.

The English language CCSA briefing with Natapanu Nopakun, Deputy Spokesman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs where the proposed restrictions are discussed can be watched below.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-01-02

nonsense..

2 minutes ago, Johnnyb2good said:

Usually with pandemics...people actually die FROM the virus. This one, not so much.

Tell that to the families of the nearly 2million people that have died from it. Nothing like 2 million dead people to say conspiracy. Nothing like a pandemic to bring all the nutters into the open

20 hours ago, Farma said:

You might be surprised. The ~ 8 yo Chinese/Thai daughter of our local Vet speaks perfect American accented English. I was shocked how good she communicated. I complimented her and she said she learns from videos on the internet.

My wife speaks near-perfect English having learned it in Thailand. She also studied for seven years to teach it. My nephew who is living with us while his mother is stranded in Hungary, however, has been learning English in a private school for seven years and knows nothing apart from pronouncing and spelling individual words. I asked him how his day was and got the deer in headlights look. Since my wife started teaching him he's risen from 33 out of 33 in the class to seven.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

On 1/2/2021 at 9:32 AM, from the home of CC said:

shut it all down, don't make the errors of the west..

Make errors of the west? What a silly thing to say.... Well Thailand is following suit of the west now, is it not? Failed shutdowns galore - Thailand is a year behind the curve so expect it to get worse for the entire year of 2021 there and possibly 2022 - remember the UK has a vaccine now Thailand has nothing!  Your in for a rough ride..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, jackinthebox said:

Probably studied somewhere outside Thailand. I wonder if there is any Thai who can speak good English without having lived in the west for a while.

What and odd thing to say... 
I've met loads of Thai's who have never studied abroad and can  speak perfectly good English. 
Ever heard of Universities? 

well we just got our first case in Trat and bang we are in the red, do not see anything will change we have been in lockdown all along, and it was doing fine until a lady could not stay away from a gambling den in another province, and that is all that has been said, don't know how many have been tested here in Trat at this time

1 hour ago, johnmcc6 said:

Europe and California  has been in lock down a lot and it has done nothing but destroy business and lives.

So what would you have done - let the situation continue until the hospitals can no longer deal with the amount of incoming patients?  Keep businesses open and let people die? The lockdowns that we've had so far may not have been entirely successful but I'd hate to have seen what would have happened without them.

Edited by KhaoYai

16 minutes ago, johnarth said:

well we just got our first case in Trat and bang we are in the red, do not see anything will change we have been in lockdown all along, and it was doing fine until a lady could not stay away from a gambling den in another province, and that is all that has been said, don't know how many have been tested here in Trat at this time

https://covid19.ddc.moph.go.th/en  shows 11 cases in Trat since NYE

7 hours ago, ChipButty said:

My wife speaks very good English and not with an American accent, if you spoke to her on the phone you would not know she is Thai and she can swear like a trooper

Swearing like a trooper would be American same same me ????

21 hours ago, Farma said:

You might be surprised. The ~ 8 yo Chinese/Thai daughter of our local Vet speaks perfect American accented English. I was shocked how good she communicated. I complimented her and she said she learns from videos on the internet.

She speaks merican ????

• Like 1