Two Japanese men test positive for COVID-19 in Chiang Mai after visiting Chonburi

rooster59

8 hours ago, jackdd said:

Got infected on 28th or 29th and test positive on 1st? Is this a realistic incubation time?

It does suggest that they wouldn't have been infectious in the airport / on the plane, which is definitely a plus. They were probably isolated within 48 hours of becoming infectious so I guess it just depends what contacts they had in that time. What bothers me is that if they went to other "entertainment venues" once they got back to Chiang Mai, they're probably not going to disclose those contacts, and that breaks the system.

It would have been a lot worse with a full on NYE...

13 hours ago, dcnx said:

You don’t really think the 200 who tested positive are the only ones with infections, so you? 

If they find 200 per day, there’s hundreds more per day they didn’t catch. 

I was being sarcastic.  Either those Japanese were really really really unlucky or there are many more infections.  Likely more than hundreds.

• Like 1

On Christmas we had the Thai BIL over for dinner.  At one point, I noticed him spooning seconds of Som Tam onto his plate using his eating spoon even though there was a serving spoon.  This is the guy who is a chef/cook at a Thai restaurant.  :shock1:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

5 days is what my Daughter who is a Surgical ICU Nurse Practitioner has said is the minimum incubation period they have been seeing in the US as far as being asymptomatic with then those that start to show symptoms do so around day 7.  She said it also depends upon the immune system of the individual.

Also depends on how many TC they do on the PCR sample to be test positive 

2 minutes ago, arick said:

Also depends on how many TC they do on the PCR sample to be test positive 

Please stop with the conspiracy theories and such.  They don't try and make all tests positive or even a potato test positive.  Lets be real here.  They do what is required and they do not go further, there are testing rules.

On 1/4/2021 at 7:39 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Please stop with the conspiracy theories and such.  They don't try and make all tests positive or even a potato test positive.  Lets be real here.  They do what is required and they do not go further, there are testing rules.

It's science but then you have no idea what a TC is! 

9 minutes ago, arick said:

It's science but then you have no idea what a TC is! 

Get real and stop the conspiracy theories dude.  rotations, cycles, and separating genetic material, thresh hold cycles as they are called.  So try again.