Arrivals from Australia

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I am aware of that. I was only answering his questions about entering Thailand.

Leaving Australia is another subject that is not for this forum. Maybe the Home Country forum would be best.

I disagree Joe. His question was have any aussies visited Thailand in the past months and if so how did they do it. So therefore that also includes the requirements for leaving Oz not just entering Thailand.Taking the approach you mention is only giving partial information. He needs to be made aware of every hoop to jump through.

have arrived Bangkok in August from Sydney , bellow exactly the steps needed that sent by royal Thai embassy when they issued my Certificate of Entry ""COE"", but you need first to write to border force to seek their permission to leave other wise you deny to exit the country, you need to be at least 3 month away to be granted a permission to exit,  steps need as bellow, of course this depends on your circumstance, I am in Bangkok to be with my family

** The Royal Thai Embassy has issued the Certificate of Entry, as attached.

Kindly check the information contain therein and if there is any discrepancy, please contact the Embassy immediately.

Please upload the following documents via your personal link that we provided you earlier:

1. E-Ticket
2. Reservation of Alternative state Quarantine (ASQ)
3. A COVID-Free medical certificate with RT-PCR laboratory result, issued no more than 72 hours before departure.
4. A fit to fly or travel health certificate, issued no more than 72 hours before departure.

Before departure to the airport, please download AOT Airports application* to your handset and complete T.8 form as attached.

***Upon arrival at the departure airport, please report yourself to the Embassy staff before check-in in order to check the documentations.***

At the departure airport and upon entry into Thailand, you will be required to present the following paper-based documents to the airline check-in staff and concerned authorities in Thailand:

(1) A Certificate of Entry (COE);

(2) A Completed Declaration form;

(3) A COVID-Free medical certificate with RT-PCR laboratory result, issued no more than 72 hours before departure (Specimen as attached);

(4) A Fit to Fly or travel health certificate, issued no more than 72 hours before departure (Specimen as attached);

(5) A completed T.8 form;

(6) ASQ reservation; and

(7) Health insurance.

Please note that document number 3 (COVID-Free medical certificate) and document number 4 (Fit to Fly or travel health certificate) are not the same. You are required to obtain both documents.

***It is your responsibility to acquire the said documents (1-7) prior to airline check-in. Failure to present a complete set of documents will result in denial of airline check-in and entry into Thailand.***

Upon entry to Thailand, you will have to comply with public health measures, and will be subject to a 14-day quarantine at a Government-designated Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facility at your own expenses.

44 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

There are some automatic exemptions, but the OP does not meet them based on the reason in his post. In fact as I stated previously he does not meet any of the requirements based on his reason given, viz. extended holiday.

Automatic exemptions

You are exempt from travel restrictions, and can leave Australia without applying for an exemption if you are:

• ordinarily resident in a country other than Australia
  • an airline, maritime crew or associated safety worker
  • a New Zealand citizen holding a Special Category (subclass 444) visa, even if they are usually resident in Australia
  • engaged in the day-to-day conduct of inbound and outbound freight
  • travelling in association with essential work at an offshore facility in Australian waters
  • travelling on official government business (including members of the Australian Defence Force and any Australian Government official travelling on a diplomatic or official passport)

Ordinarily resident

You are considered ordinarily resident in a country other than Australia if international movement records show that you’ve spent more time outside Australia than inside for the last 12 to 24 months. You do not need to carry a paper record of your movements with you. If required, Australian Border Force officers at airports can check your movement records in their systems.

My link was to assist any Australians who wish to leave Australia who may be reading this topic.????

14 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Australia isn't a free country any more, even though it pretends to be one.

Political correctness, overregulation and petty rules, with people encouraged to inform on each other, have ruined what was once a fun place to be. 

I  guess that you live in the State of Victoria ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

That's not all Joe. At the moment anybody wishing to leave OZ needs to obtain written permission from the aussie federal govt and the reason given by the OP (extended holiday ) would be rejected. So until the aussie govt removes that current requirement the OP is stuck in Oz.

Live with it. Australia is one of the best countries in the world to be stranded.

• Like 1

I'm not forecasting the future, but it looks like Thailand may be going into a period where even travel between the provinces is restricted.  It would sure suck to find the OP stuck in BKK when his quarry is upcountry.

Peruse the Thai news discussions for updated (and predicted) lockdown conditions before spending any upfront $$$ on a Thai holiday.  Getting into the country may not be the only issue.

Edit:  Just to be clear, what worked last week may not work next week...  The situation seems pretty fluid.  It may be fixin' to get exciting.  And maybe not in a good way.

Edited by impulse

First thing you have to do is get an "Outcome of travel restriction extension" from home affairs. Then start the process of a COE to Thailand. Visa, Covid insurance, Hotel booking ect, Singapore airlines fly out of Brisbane via Singapore, at the moment as long as you are not from NSW, no problems transiting through Singapore, If you live in NSW you must apply through the Sydney Thai Consulate, everyone else through Thai Embassy Canberra.

@aut031 had some good tips. Might need to go via Singapore.

Guess it depends how the current covid outbreak is contained. I'm thinking it will get easier in March when the vaccine is available in Australia.

Qantas are saying their international routes will open again in June so it sounds like things are heading in the right direction.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Frankie072 said:

Qantas are saying their international routes will open again in June so it sounds like things are heading in the right direction.

Australia may well be looking inward and rather optimistically. Many potential destinations are less positive. But let us hope so.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 8:22 PM, aut031 said:

It's really tough. I'm an Aussie and I got in before Christmas but I wouldn't want to do it now.

First to leave Aus you need to have a valid reason related to work or family. You need proof of either of these.
2nd you need to show the Thai Gov you have no less than $25K AUD in your bank
3rd Pay for ASQ up front (before you've been approved the visa)
4th, 5th, 6th, all hoops you have to jump through that take hours and hours of hanging onto phones, writing emails etc. (Covid Insurance is a big gotcha too if you dont know what you're doing)
Then last is the BIG one. The Flight. Only Qantas and Thai Airways fly direct from Aus to Thailand. Qantas is not flying before August. Thai Airways were supposed to be flying in Jan but try and book a flight and see if you can get anywhere.

Personally I had to fly via Singapore (and quarantine in Singapore), then Fly to BKK (and Quarantine in BKK).  There was no way to fly direct to BKK.  The only reason I did all that was because of work and when I did it there were basically 0 daily cases in Thailand. I'm sure now they are even tougher.

Oh and the wait list to get back into Aus is 3 months. So you better be sure your ok with staying for a good 6 months.

Thai airways have repatriation flights leaving Sydney, every Monday,

And every Sunday leaving BKK, for returning Aussies.

It took me a week to get a return flight from Bkk. To Sydney. Had choice for Thai air or Singapore Airlines. Not that hard.

But having permission to get of Oz is another thing.

On 1/6/2021 at 7:34 PM, Frankie072 said:

Which airlines are the best option in the near future for flying between Sydney and Thailand?

Thought I could fly direct to Phuket and quarantine there for two weeks if required.

You are asking the wrong question. You should be asking 'How do I get home again after the 45 days is up?' The Embassy is flying out  around 30 people a week. Last week 280 applied for 30 seats. The other options (Singapore, Cathay, Qatar,)are extremely expensive and people are being cancelled all the time. If you come on a holiday you should be prepared to stay 3-6 months. 

• Like 1

Me and my (Thai) wife were booked to go to Thailand last June. We're here in Oz and of course cancelled all bookings.  

Her father (in Thailand) passed away in September but we couldn't be there for the funeral.

We, of course want to be back over there ASAP....   things were looking optimistic with news that we'd probably get vaccinated around September/October this year however this new wave that's hit Thailand has us on edge.

Will it drag on and on like many other countries,  will the Chinese vaccine work?

Thailand's knee-jerk reactions to this (and other problems) never ceases to amaze me. Sometimes it's like watching a cartoon.

Decisions made..  change the following day, then the next day!

I'm sure, not serving alcohol in restaurants will stop the spread! ????

Also, if you're relying on your population following the rules to stop the spread....   I've been watching protesters on TV in the U.S. and France...  perfect example.

I'm a "glass half full" person...  I'd hope to be back in Thailand for next Christmas but I guess it depends on your fellow man doing the right thing!