Arrivals from Australia

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Run for Parliament, then you can go anywhere you want.

You need to check out province information as well, chances are Bangkok won't allow travel to north-east Thailand.

Try again after you have been vaccinated.

At this stage Thailand has stated that any alien visitors will require quarantine even if can produce 'vaccine certificate'.

Vaccine will do little to change current situation.

I understand I'll have to pay for quarantine and top dollar for for plane tickets.

Just asking here to get an idea if it's possible and what the procedure it. From the thai embassy website it seems ok, although the quarantine requirements seem to keep changing

10 minutes ago, Suphawk said:

Wow! really they won't let you leave? This world has gone crazy

Yeah, and I thought it was tough being a hated American... Well at least I'm allowed to leave. Hard to believe a western "democracy" would try to prevent free citizens from choosing to be somewhere else. Sounds like some East Bloc country from the 50's from which one needs to "escape".

Good luck to all you Aussies. Hope things get better for you.

• Like 2

i left aus feb 2020 when i was flying out it felt like i was leaving a jail, now there is 7 jails in the country

plus i left thailand over 2 years ago after 15 years same feeling, now in vietnam (i was a vet here)

19 hours ago, Frankie072 said:

To keep things simple I planned on a trip of under 45 days, starting with 14 days of approved quarantine.

Also planning to get the vaccine here in oz asap and hoping that improves the odds.

Plan is to visit an old gf and her family in north east of Thailand and also doing some sight seeing.

Has anyone from Oz got into Thailand recently?

No vaccine in OZ before March and the front line health workers first to get it 

20 hours ago, Frankie072 said:

To keep things simple I planned on a trip of under 45 days, starting with 14 days of approved quarantine.

Also planning to get the vaccine here in oz asap and hoping that improves the odds.

Plan is to visit an old gf and her family in north east of Thailand and also doing some sight seeing.

Has anyone from Oz got into Thailand recently?

i don't know about from Oz, though any number of nationalities have walked across the porous border with Cambodia.

On 1/3/2021 at 6:38 PM, ubonjoe said:

At time you have  to apply for a certificate of entry (COE) to board a special flight to here.

See: https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/

Then after arriving you have to go into quarantine for 14 days at a Alternate Stat Quarantine (ASQ) hotel.

That's not all Joe. At the moment anybody wishing to leave OZ needs to obtain written permission from the aussie federal govt and the reason given by the OP (extended holiday ) would be rejected. So until the aussie govt removes that current requirement the OP is stuck in Oz.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

That's not all Joe. At the moment anybody wishing to leave OZ needs to obtain written permission from the aussie federal govt and the reason given by the OP (extended holiday ) would be rejected. So until the aussie govt removes that current requirement the OP is stuck in Oz.

Leaving Australia | COVID-19 and the border (homeaffairs.gov.au) This may be of some help to any Aussies wishing to leave Australia.

Edited by tlcwaterfall
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, tlcwaterfall said:

There are some automatic exemptions, but the OP does not meet them based on the reason in his post. In fact as I stated previously he does not meet any of the requirements based on his reason given, viz. extended holiday.

Automatic exemptions

You are exempt from travel restrictions, and can leave Australia without applying for an exemption if you are:

• ordinarily resident in a country other than Australia
  • an airline, maritime crew or associated safety worker
  • a New Zealand citizen holding a Special Category (subclass 444) visa, even if they are usually resident in Australia
  • engaged in the day-to-day conduct of inbound and outbound freight
  • travelling in association with essential work at an offshore facility in Australian waters
  • travelling on official government business (including members of the Australian Defence Force and any Australian Government official travelling on a diplomatic or official passport)

Ordinarily resident

You are considered ordinarily resident in a country other than Australia if international movement records show that you’ve spent more time outside Australia than inside for the last 12 to 24 months. You do not need to carry a paper record of your movements with you. If required, Australian Border Force officers at airports can check your movement records in their systems.

10 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

That's not all Joe.

I am aware of that. I was only answering his questions about entering Thailand.

Leaving Australia is another subject that is not for this forum. Maybe the Home Country forum would be best.