Visitors to 11 Covid ‘danger zones’ urged to contact Health Dept

snoop1130

By The Nation

800_5b10c6dca30ae2b.jpg?v=1609842256

Pongsakorn Kwanmuang

People who have recently visited any of 11 areas linked to the Covid-19 outbreak should contact the Health Department immediately, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) said on Tuesday.

BMA spokesman Pongsakorn Kwanmuang said people can contact the Health Department via the website http://bkkcovid19.bangkok.go.th/.

The 11 risky areas are:

1. Samut Sakhon

2. Nakhon Pathom: Nakhon Chai Si district (Bang Rakam subdistrict), Kamphaeng Saen district (Sa Si Mum, Huay Muang and Sa Phatthana subdistricts), and Bang Len district (Bang Luang and Don Tum subdistricts)

3. Nonthaburi: Bang Yai Central Market in Sao Thong Hin subdistrict, Bang Yai district

4. Chonburi: Bang Lamung district

5. Rayong: Muang district

6. Bangkok’s Groove Evening restaurant on Borommaratchachonnani Road, Arun Amarin subdistrict

7. Bangkok’s New Jazz restaurant opposite The Mall Thapra

8. Bangkok’s The Sun restaurant on Sirindhorn Road

9. Bangkok’s The Roof Bar restaurant on Rama III Road

10. Bangkok’s Isarn Krongkaew restaurant.

11. Bangkok’s Freshy Plaza (The Freshy Karaoke), Soi Yoo Aomsin, Bang Yi Khan subdistrict, Bang Phlat district

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400722

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-05

10 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

People who have recently visited any of 11 areas linked to the Covid-19 outbreak should contact the Health Department immediately, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) said on Tuesday.

presumes people monitor that, 10 % and that they possess social responsibility ; 10 % of 10 % = 1 %

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

By The Nation

800_5b10c6dca30ae2b.jpg?v=1609842256

Pongsakorn Kwanmuang

BMA spokesman Pongsakorn Kwanmuang said people can contact the Health Department via the website http://bkkcovid19.bangkok.go.th/.

The 11 risky areas are:

1. Samut Sakhon

2. Nakhon Pathom: Nakhon Chai Si district (Bang Rakam subdistrict), Kamphaeng Saen district (Sa Si Mum, Huay Muang and Sa Phatthana subdistricts), and Bang Len district (Bang Luang and Don Tum subdistricts)

3. Nonthaburi: Bang Yai Central Market in Sao Thong Hin subdistrict, Bang Yai district

4. Chonburi: Bang Lamung district

5. Rayong: Muang district

6. Bangkok’s Groove Evening restaurant on Borommaratchachonnani Road, Arun Amarin subdistrict

7. Bangkok’s New Jazz restaurant opposite The Mall Thapra

8. Bangkok’s The Sun restaurant on Sirindhorn Road

9. Bangkok’s The Roof Bar restaurant on Rama III Road

10. Bangkok’s Isarn Krongkaew restaurant.

11. Bangkok’s Freshy Plaza (The Freshy Karaoke), Soi Yoo Aomsin, Bang Yi Khan subdistrict, Bang Phlat district

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30400722

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2021-01-05

So they can be monitored closely, tracked and maybe isolated ?

13 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

They are going to be busy. There are  a few hundred thousand  people in Banglamung if you take in Pattaya and all the surrounding area

not only that, but they also listed Rayong Muang, which is another huge area, and no timeframe was given in the article, so a few million people are likely to fit the criteria.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

BMA spokesman Pongsakorn Kwanmuang said people can contact the Health Department via the website http://bkkcovid19.bangkok.go.th/

no English version of that website, of course.

Regarding Banglamung and Rayong Muang, I am suspecting them of using them as a scarecrow to tell people "don't got there" to limit spread...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Obviously the Thai Chana app or a sign in sheet has been useless in identifying folks.  Complacency is rampant.

And the use of this particular bloody app is, in any event, dependent on Yer Typical Average Thai being the proud possessor of a suitable smartphone - which, in the case of the older generation in particular, is unlikely to be the case generally!

21 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Obviously the Thai Chana app or a sign in sheet has been useless in identifying folks.  Complacency is rampant.

whenever I go somewhere with a Thai person, I am always asked to register, but Thais in front of me, behind me, and even the Thai person with me can pass without being asked.

3 minutes ago, tgw said:

whenever I go somewhere with a Thai person, I am always asked to register, but Thais in front of me, behind me, and even the Thai person with me can pass without being asked.

That is exactly as I see it every time I go shopping at either Tops, or Villa, or even go to the Mall.  My GF says she thinks they are making a point of singling farangs out.  Sometimes I don't want to believe what she says, but lately it seems she is correct.  Just this morning going into the local K-Bank, I had to scan in but the Thais that came in with me just walked in got a que number and sat down

• Like 2

On 1/5/2021 at 6:21 PM, snoop1130 said:

why is this Bangkok only, it should be applicable to all in Thailand and hence should have a national website not Bangkok specific

On 1/6/2021 at 4:02 PM, ThailandRyan said:

That is exactly as I see it every time I go shopping at either Tops, or Villa, or even go to the Mall.  My GF says she thinks they are making a point of singling farangs out.  Sometimes I don't want to believe what she says, but lately it seems she is correct.  Just this morning going into the local K-Bank, I had to scan in but the Thais that came in with me just walked in got a que number and sat down

Exact opposite experience for me. My Thai employee and I have gone to numerous establishments in Bangkok in the past two weeks, including malls, office buildings, banks, and restaurants. My employee scans in with the app, and I just follow him in without so much as a look from those manning the entrance. Possibly they all think we are a "couple", so no need? I have been to quite a few places on my own - bank, malls, restaurants, 7's - and no one has insisted that I scan in.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, timendres said:

Exact opposite experience for me. My Thai employee and I have gone to numerous establishments in Bangkok in the past two weeks, including malls, office buildings, banks, and restaurants. My employee scans in with the app, and I just follow him in without so much as a look from those manning the entrance. Possibly they all think we are a "couple", so no need? I have been to quite a few places on my own - bank, malls, restaurants, 7's - and no one has insisted that I scan in.

I've lost track of what the govt is or isn't saying they're doing with all this...

All I can say is, I was out shopping tonight at a large Central department store/supermarket in BKK, and there was absolutely no use of/checking of the chana apps going on.... but there WAS serious enforcement of the app checkin and checkout in the same complex back months ago during the initial wave.

Tonight, as there has been for months now, there was only video temperature screening as you walk in the door, and nothing else, other than that they had hand sanitizer available if desired.  Same deal when riding on BTS -- mask wearing and video temperature screen upon entry, nothing else.

10 minutes ago, timendres said:

Mostly the same here.  When I go somewhere with my wife/kids, she signs in and we walk in together.  If I go alone I sign in.

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I've lost track of what the govt is or isn't saying they're doing with all this...

All I can say is, I was out shopping tonight at a large Central department store/supermarket in BKK, and there was absolutely no use of/checking of the chana apps going on.... but there WAS serious enforcement of the app checkin and checkout in the same complex back months ago during the initial wave.

Tonight, as there has been for months now, there was only video temperature screening as you walk in the door, and nothing else, other than that they had hand sanitizer available if desired.  Same deal when riding on BTS -- mask wearing and video temperature screen upon entry, nothing else.

And here is the kicker. My employee and I visited a very well known high-end mall near Phrom Phong, and he checked in with the app. We noticed some shops were closed unexpectedly, specifically the one we were heading to. Later that day, my employee noted that in the news it was reported that a COVID-19 positive shopper had visited that mall, and specifically the shop we were heading to that was closed.

Days later, still no notification whatsoever from the app or the government that he checked in to a COVID incident venue.

• Haha 1