Field Hospital Opens in Chanthaburi

snoop1130

Field Hospital Opens in Chanthaburi

Screenshot_20210105-113911_Chrome.jpg

CHANTHABURI, Jan 5 (TNA) – A field hospital was set up at the navy’s Training Ground No. 16 in Khao Kitchakut district to treat COVID-19 patients of this eastern province and nearby areas. 

The Royal Thai Marine Corps turned six ERC buildings in the training ground into the field hospital with 220 beds. The first group of 17 patients who had mild symptoms was admitted on Jan 4.  

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-611560

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-01-05

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

These field hospitals should give folks an idea of the true situation as it is unfolding.  The government obviously is preparing for more cases, or are there already more cases that we have not heard about.

Look at all complete lack of medical equipment - this tells us everything we need to know about these places.

It's not about treatment, it's confinement.

Speaking of Chanthaburi, has anyone heard any updates regarding the expedition to the Chanthaburi caves where they went looking for virus samples from the local Chanthaburi horseshoe bats?

It's strange but there's nothing in the news about their findings in the Chanthaburi bat caves even though they went in June 2020 and it's January 2021 now. I notice that similar viruses were found in bats in Cambodia and Japan. Perhaps they're still looking?

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ukrules said:

Look at all complete lack of medical equipment - this tells us everything we need to know about these places.

It's not about treatment, it's confinement.

Speaking of Chanthaburi, has anyone heard any updates regarding the expedition to the Chanthaburi caves where they went looking for virus samples from the local Chanthaburi horseshoe bats?

It's strange but there's nothing in the news about their findings in the Chanthaburi bat caves even though they went in June 2020 and it's January 2021 now. I notice that similar viruses were found in bats in Cambodia and Japan. Perhaps they're still looking?

yeah, confinement in a room with 10+ beds.

24 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

yeah, confinement in a room with 10+ beds.

They're all locked in together, I've saw video clips of similar looking places in China last March / April.

Edited by ukrules

If/When I'll have mild symptoms I'll just stay home and pray for the best. Two weeks in a place like that would kill be me anyway. This place doesn't seem to have airconditioners and probably only one or two toilets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1