1 Year Non-o Multible Entree Visa

I just was reading in the Pattayamail a Letter - where one Person stated, you just need to fill the Form TM.47 ( Report every 90 Days ) at the Immigration and you will get another 90 Days stamped in your Passport at no Costs !

Anybody can tell me, if this is true - and therefore I do not need to make the "Visa-Run" every 90 Days?

Very misleading information by someone trying to create confusion - this has nothing to do with visas.

The TM.47 form is used for those on yearly extensions of stay to report there current address to Immigration every 90 days. The bottom part is removed and inserted into your passport with a date 90 days later for your next report that is stamped onto that paper. There is no stamp made in your passport and it has nothing to do with visas.

Very misleading information by someone trying to create confusion - this has nothing to do with visas.

The TM.47 form is used for those on yearly extensions of stay to report there current address to Immigration every 90 days. The bottom part is removed and inserted into your passport with a date 90 days later for your next report that is stamped onto that paper. There is no stamp made in your passport and it has nothing to do with visas.

I just got back from my first 3-month border run on my 1-yr. Non-Imm. 'B' visa and saw this thread.

So, lopburi3, is there a way to do this in BKK, or must I always travel to a border every 3 months?

As someone else posted on the board, I would gladly give my 2000baht to Immigration here instead of Cambodia and visa run agent, in exchange for not having to make that journey.

I just got back from my first 3-month border run on my 1-yr. Non-Imm. 'B' visa and saw this thread.

So, lopburi3, is there a way to do this in BKK, or must I always travel to a border every 3 months?

If you have a multi-entry visa it is not possible to avoid the 90 day border runs, period!!

If you have an extension of stay (work permit, marriage, retirement etc.), you must report your address to immigration (or leave the country on a re-entry permit) every 90 days.

Edited by Crossy

As someone else posted on the board, I would gladly give my 2000baht to Immigration here instead of Cambodia and visa run agent, in exchange for not having to make that journey.

We used to be able to do just that, until a certain person called Hamballie got caught doing that, and was wanted by the C.I.A! It all ended in Aug 2003. :o:D

Edited by Jai Dee
Font formatting codes removed for better readability

We used to be able to do just that, until a certain person called Hamballie got caught doing that, and was wanted by the C.I.A! It all ended in Aug 2003. :o:D

Well, son-of-a-B! Excuse my use of harsh letters. (apologies to Dane Cook)

Wouldn't it be preferable for terrorists to try to go down to the Immigration office? I can't imagine guys like Hambali are hopping on a visa run minivan to the border.

Yeah, yeah, I know where I am.