Scottish nationalists set for record majority, boosting independence push

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Don't dismiss Welsh independence as a possible outcome. That movement is still some way behind their Scottish brethren but it is growing rapidly. 

Maybe you could take Scottish activist Sean Clerkin down to Abergavenny and show the Welsh how its done.????????????

On 1/14/2021 at 6:32 PM, Nout said:

The Scotch can get in line behind Serbia and over a dozen other countries to join the EU..They are not wanted. And what currency are the going to use? The poond? 555. The corrupt scotch goverment are in dissaray so use swivel eyed nationlism as a distraction

It's Scottish not scotch thats a whiskey. The currency is pound not poond and talk about pot calling kettle black with corrupt governments ....Serbia isnt the best country to say that about Scotlands Government being corrupt.....

Where is you proof of a Corrupt Scottish govenrment or you just using your brain as a second bumhole and letting the brown stuff spew out of your mouth ?

No proof or justification in your comment.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

No need, there are already plenty examples of close cooperation between Scottish and Welsh independence supporters.

Just 10 years ago the SNP had merely a handful of MPs in Westminster, and now independence is the preferred future for the majority.

The Welsh are already pretty far along that journey, and more power to them, says I. I have no doubt that they will catch up soon. 

All you are doing is stirring the pot, only about a quarter of the Welsh want independence and maybe they were polled after a night at the pub singing 'Land of my Fathers' or 'Sospan Fach.' The Tories had their best result in Wales at the last election, great news eh. It is just like an eight year old boy falling out with his parents and saying 'I'm leaving home and I'm taking my little sister with me'

The truth of the matter RR is you can keep blaming the English till the Aberdeen Angus comes home, it was the Scots and only the Scots that voted to remain, but but Brexit, yes you voted to leave the EU long before the UK did.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, stevenl said:

And again the arrogance from the English deciding what is best for the Scots.

Maybe you'll never understand, but it is what is best for the UK and again, it was the Scots that decided what was best for themselves, not the English. 

• Thanks 1

I've got several Scots friends retired in Pattaya with their Thai wives, I clearly remember last time Scotland held the referendum, my Scots friends were sh*tting themselves with fear it would be a YES vote and their UK pensions would be in jeopardy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

That was a particularly cruel and nasty lie perpetrated by Better Together, trying to fool pensioners into thinking that their pensions were vulnerable, which was utter tosh. 

Not a surprise, UK left the EU - but EU pensions for UK pensioners still exist because they are contractually obligated.   

This guy gets it. Let's hope there are more like him. 

Proud to be English: How we can shape a progressive patriotism

Where Scotland led, its large southern neighbour can follow. 

A renewed sense of English nationhood can be part of a politics of social justice, greater de-centralisation of power and a re-set relationship with Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Nothing hateful or spiteful about the words, just an opinion with which you apparently disagree.

I am sure mommysboy will respond in detail, because I doubt he is the type to hurl unsubstantiated insults and smears then go to ground. 

Alternatively, maybe Vogie, who gave the comment a 'Thanks', could expand on why he felt that the comment was worthy of such praise. 

54 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I am sure mommysboy will respond in detail, because I doubt he is the type to hurl unsubstantiated insults and smears then go to ground. 

Alternatively, maybe Vogie, who gave the comment a 'Thanks', could expand on why he felt that the comment was worthy of such praise. 

Can I just say that I don't have to justify what posts I like to anyone on this forum, some remainers must have a database of who likes this and who dislikes that. FYI I never give anyone a negative emoji. And why do you think you have to discuss me to an open forum, it is againgst forum rules and to remind you that I am not the topic here. Are you really so touchy you follow who likes other posters posts, I expect it from other posters but I thought you were above such childish remarks!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

Can I just say that I don't have to justify what posts I like to anyone on this forum, some remainers must have a database of who likes this and who dislikes that. FYI I never give anyone a negative emoji. And why do you think you have to discuss me to an open forum, it is againgst forum rules and to remind you that I am not the topic here. Are you really so touchy you follow who likes other posters posts, I expect it from other posters but I thought you were above such childish remarks!

I can assure you that I am not touchy at all, but I, personally, feel that if I were to make negative statements about others or if i was to indicate agreement with such statements, the decent, honourable thing to do would be to justify them, especially to the person who was slighted. Then again, that's maybe just me. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

I can assure you that I am not touchy at all, but I, personally, feel that if I were to make negative statements about others or if i was to indicate agreement with such statements, the decent, honourable thing to do would be to justify them, especially to the person who was slighted. Then again, that's maybe just me. 

I can get 10 or more back to back dislikes in a row, it does not bother me, it is childish. Open your horizons RR, there is more to life than checking what posters are liking or not. ????????????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, vogie said:

I can get 10 or more back to back dislikes in a row, it does not bother me, it is childish. Open your horizons RR, there is more to life than checking what posters are liking or not. ????????????

Life is about learning, vogie, self improvement etc. If I display hateful or spiteful behaviour then, of course, I should try to address it. But how can I expect to improve if no details of my transgressions are provided? 

Of course, it's a tendency of some to hurl out negative, baseless epithets as some sort of attack on an individual, but I like to think that we are all above that, hence my seeking enlightenment. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Life is about learning, vogie, self improvement etc. If I display hateful or spiteful behaviour then, of course, I should try to address it. But how can I expect to improve if no details of my transgressions are provided? 

Of course, it's a tendency of some to hurl out negative, baseless epithets as some sort of attack on an individual, but I like to think that we are all above that, hence my seeking enlightenment. 

3 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

Sorry RR but one of my pet hates is posters discussing other posters on an open forum, it is not a nice thing to do, (he says trying to be tactfull).

The desperation in the British Nationalists is clear when this is the only thing they can drag up to try prevent independence.

I know you have said "British Nationalists RR, but lets be honest with one another, the only nationalism in Scotland is the SNP so it goes without saying that you dont mean them. I know your support for the Welsh Nationalists so it would be fair to say that you don't mean them also. Well who does that leave RR, correct answer, the English Nationalists.

We don't have many English Nationalists in England but you have to bring them into your argument, maybe it is guilt of there being so many in Scotland. So who are these British Nationalists you constantly refer to, of course you could also be referring to the English on here that don't share your belief in a utopian Scottish society.

There is only one direction the UK is headed, and thankfully that's the history books. 

Maybe that is what you are wishing for, but reality is a cruel mistress and it may come back and bite a lot of Nationalists on the butt.

So this is why I gave the said post a 'like', and well deserved I thought.

• Like 1