The Joy of Having Dogs

My Thai neighbours had a <deleted>zu which thought he was Hulk Hogan...since the neighbour never walked that dog we did it daily but that tiny <deleted>zu started fights with EVERY other dog, even huge huskies and malamuts....

Many times i had the thought to let him go against a big dog to learn his lesson but i always stopped him....after a month it even got manners and stopped fighting other dogs.

Myself i will never buy a dog in Thailand, if something like now happens when they won't let me into the country the dog would have to suffer from it. Also now the air is so bad that we don't want to go out for a walk.

23 minutes ago, fruitman said:

My Thai neighbours had a <deleted>zu which thought he was Hulk Hogan...since the neighbour never walked that dog we did it daily but that tiny <deleted>zu started fights with EVERY other dog, even huge huskies and malamuts....

Many times i had the thought to let him go against a big dog to learn his lesson but i always stopped him....after a month it even got manners and stopped fighting other dogs.

Myself i will never buy a dog in Thailand, if something like now happens when they won't let me into the country the dog would have to suffer from it. Also now the air is so bad that we don't want to go out for a walk.

I have a bulldog cross schitzu.

A bullschit.

I like dogs, but hate dogsหเt.

• Like 1

I never again wanted pets but a year ago a kind of stray cat had kittens in my room and the quality of life went down hill.
It costs so much time , money, effort . No upside for me .
It's unhygienic , a worry and it drains me.
My car is behind a plastic sheet , to keep them off .
I go walk with them like dogs . While it gets me some exercize and vitamine D but now
I'm destroying my lungs with the dust of kittilitter and PM2,5.
It's terrible .
Should have aborted them when the cat was pregnant but it isn't my cat.
Thais here don't care.

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

Mine are not dirty, not noisy, yes dependent, but i love having them.

I do not allow them inside, they are taught to sit and wait at the door, i never allow them in my bedroom, which opens straight to the outside.

But most here ARE, soi dogs in their millions are a health and safety threat, then there are the millions of dogs left at home yapping all day while the owners are at work, we have 15 round our house.  Added to that the large number of people attacked and even killed every year by 'man's best friend' We know women want them for a baby substitute and some for unmentionable acts, but blokes seem to have no excuse.

We have four dogs now. We came back from an English holiday a couple of years ago to find that a bitch had settled under our house with her litter of 4. The runt died soon after but the wife fed up the rest and they became her children. 

They used to live with a couple who had a hut in their fields about half a kilometer away but that couple went away to other land they have further north leaving the bitch to fend for itself. Hence why she moved the puppies closer to civilization.

They are ok but wife more attached to them than me. They have one negative trait which I find very annoying. If I go out on my bike they always try to follow me. Even if I shut them in , they escape through the porous rear boundary. 

As soon as they catch up it is clear that they are really happy to be going further afield. However, if they see any other dogs they go immediately into attack mode and a fight ensues. Just yesterday, in breaking one up, I came off my bike and got scratched up a bit.

So now , the only option left to me is to head for the main road instead of the surrounding country trails , and make a 2 kilometer detour to get back on the trail since they are scared of the traffic on the main road and it is the only way I can shake them off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bangyai said:

We have four dogs now. We came back from an English holiday a couple of years ago to find that a bitch had settled under our house with her litter of 4. The runt died soon after but the wife fed up the rest and they became her children. 

They used to live with a couple who had a hut in their fields about half a kilometer away but that couple went away to other land they have further north leaving the bitch to fend for itself. Hence why she moved the puppies closer to civilization.

They are ok but wife more attached to them than me. They have one negative trait which I find very annoying. If I go out on my bike they always try to follow me. Even if I shut them in , they escape through the porous rear boundary. 

As soon as they catch up it is clear that they are really happy to be going further afield. However, if they see any other dogs they go immediately into attack mode and a fight ensues. Just yesterday, in breaking one up, I came off my bike and got scratched up a bit.

So now , the only option left to me is to head for the main road instead of the surrounding country trails , and make a 2 kilometer detour to get back on the trail since they are scared of the traffic on the main road and it is the only way I can shake them off.

I can relate to that.  Now our kids are all gown up and gone, our two dogs are most definitely kid substitutes for Mrs P. Although I still get plenty of attention, until she has me put down rather than them. 

• Like 1

We have 3 small dogs now and couldn’t live without them.  We brought 2 from the US when my wife moved back to Thailand in 2014.  The 3rd one we got 2 years ago when he was a puppy because our friend had to move and couldn’t take care of him.  

• Like 2