'Brexit carnage': shellfish trucks protest in London over export chaos

snoop1130

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

It's strange how Europhiles and Remainers keep describing Scottish independence as some sort of punishment for leaving the EU. But most English people couldn't give a stuff about it. 

I like the union but if Scots want to go their own way, good luck to them. There would be no pie on my face. 

You guys need to stop inventing problems. 

I understand that you are allright with the Scots going their own way, as well as the majority of English Tories, but do you acknowledge that we have a 19-page thread about it?

and how do you react to that :

The Minister for the Union is a position created by Boris Johnson during his first ministry, to be held concurrently with his duties as Prime Minister

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minister_for_the_Union

@CG1 Blue

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

I'm sure the globalist big business EU supporting Remainers would have had a whip round if enough shellfish truckers were interested in a day out. Maybe a free respray would coax a few?

Apart from all the Brexit squabbling: What’s a “globalist big business” and why is it bad? Where do you think come the UK’s remaining jobs, taxes, GDP from?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hi from France said:

so beside sarcastic one-liners you do not have not much evidence to share with us, I gather?

All been done many times before, which of course you already know. 

There are a number of Remain posters here who delight in repeatedly requesting similar information, yet constantly ignore it. Also, this is a forum, not the game of grubbing up google links you appear to believe posts should contain.  

You shouldn’t waste your time digging for internet support if you are unhappy that a single liner demolishes your ‘evidence’. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Apart from all the Brexit squabbling: What’s a “globalist big business” and why is it bad? Where do you think come the UK’s remaining jobs, taxes, GDP from?

When it continues to try and pervert the course of U.K. politics and the national decision for Brexit, then it is bad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Surelynot said:

You are free to stay in the EU for more than 90 days

You are free not to attend EU Universities and not be funded

You are free not to have your professional certificates recognized

You are free to stand in long lines waiting to have your passport checked

You are free to pay for your own international driving license(s)

You are free to pay for your own green card insurance

You are free to pay for your own health insurance

You are free to apply for residence in an EU country where you may have lived for the past umpteen years

You are free to fill in endless forms to export goods (or just chuck it in and close your business down)

You are free to export/import free of tariffs and quotas (Oh! Wait...we already had that)

So all in all....freedom is coming your way

Cadbury's Smashmen advert?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Van: Ebury <[email protected]>

vertrek van het Verenigd Koninkrijk uit de Europese Unie, de diensten die aan u worden geleverd door Ebury Partners UK Limited, zullen worden geleverd door Ebury Partners Belgium NV met ingang van 15 december 2020

Departure of the UK from the EU, our (financial) services will be continued by Ebury - Begium from 15 Dec 2020

One of the many. 6,9% of the British GDP.

Mind your language please.

7 hours ago, puipuitom said:

only 40 % ? Have nothing to win. The Scots: 60 % + Have a lot to win, especially when Northern Ireland joins in.

40% is a good number to start with as for Northern Ireland they will have to wait until the EU has processed all the leaving states

such as Catalonia

Then it go do the same for Basque Country followed by Flanders, Padania in Italy,South Tyrol, In Italy, and finally

Corsica 

Beyond Catalonia: Separatist movements in Western Europe

Catalonia's regional government plans to hold its independence referendum on Sunday. But separatist movements are not unique to Spain: Several other European regions have aspirations of becoming autonomous.

As stated excellent idea and the EU could take the lead by example

https://www.dw.com/en/beyond-catalonia-separatist-movements-in-western-europe/a-40761144

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, transam said:

I think the UK is actually in the UK, it has always been there....????

Not according to some posters here, who seemed to believe that the UK had been subsumed into some sort of imaginary federal Europe.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Sujo said:

Its strange that brexiteers laud the leaving of the eu, but dont want scotland having a vote to leave the uk.

much hipocracy.

No, Much history, ol' bean......????

Big difference, not a few years in the EU being governed by questionable folk with questionable motives.

You are stuck with it, get on with it, the UK will be here for you if it all goes pear shaped again, well I think they will...:whistling:................????

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

What an absolute ridiculous statement. You should be ashamed with yourself. The UK a third world country:cheesy:

Well thankfully the country does not need people who make those false statements.

You still don't get it after all these years and we were continually told that remainers are smart. Being part of the CU and SM means you are tied to the EU and that's what many like myself voted for, to be rid of this..  We have left the EU. Will that not sink in.

That may be what you voted for, but I suspect many Brexit voters wanted us to remain in the Single Market, seduced by Farage's constant championing of the 'Norway Solution', although admittedly he did change his tune post-Referendum. We already know that 48% of voters wished to stay in the SM, so it would only have required 1 in 20 of Brexit voters to have wanted it also to make remaining in the SM 'the will of the people', to quote a favourite Brexiteer line. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, robblok said:

People change, i was always fairly right wing (not extreme right though but was quite vocal about minorities and crime ect). After i moved to Thailand i saw things in a different perspective as I was now the minority. It changed my views. Same for those who were used to ease of trade with the EU all of a sudden can't anymore. Its hitting mainly the young with internet and export companies. Those people will later be able to vote and the dinosaurs with their Britannia rules the waves and other outdated images will die off.

I am not saying the UK will join shortly but I certainly would not say it wont happen. Because trade and commerce was great. My clients are now all turning away from the UK because of extra problems. That works the other way around too. Especially young Brits are missing out on trade and commerce now. Especially after they felt the freedom of trade and movement of the EU. 

So its just a matter of time before the dinosaurs die out and more sensible people take over. There is one thing for sure things aways change.

I think you will be waiting for a long time as this article states as you get older your more likely to vote Conservative

This means that the Conservatives probably shouldn’t be too worried about their support base thinning out and being replaced by younger, less conservative generations. If history repeats itself, then as people get older they will turn to the Conservatives.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/nov/03/do-we-become-more-conservative-with-age-young-old-politics

Regarding the UK re-joining the EU some of your fellow TVF Europeans members have stated UK  good riddance and wish to crush the UK and its economy for daring to leave the Great Project which is a strange point of view because if the UK was to rejoin the EU, the EU taxpayer would have to reach into their pockets and spend billions and billions of Euros to bring the UK back to European standards , and then going forward the UK would be a EU net beneficiary instead of a EU  net Contributor.

I assume the EU Frugal Five wouldn't object to paying  billions and billions of Euros extra if the UK wanted to rejoin

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vinny41 said:

40% is a good number to start with as for Northern Ireland they will have to wait until the EU has processed all the leaving states

such as Catalonia

Then it go do the same for Basque Country followed by Flanders, Padania in Italy,South Tyrol, In Italy, and finally

Corsica 

Beyond Catalonia: Separatist movements in Western Europe

Catalonia's regional government plans to hold its independence referendum on Sunday. But separatist movements are not unique to Spain: Several other European regions have aspirations of becoming autonomous.

As stated excellent idea and the EU could take the lead by example

https://www.dw.com/en/beyond-catalonia-separatist-movements-in-western-europe/a-40761144

More power to the separatist's elbow, I say. It is no coincidence that the major players in European power struggles over the centuries - France, Germany, Italy, Spain, England /UK - have all ended up with roughly the same populations and/or areas. Those historical reasons don't necessarily apply today, and population increase has made government too unwieldy. As I see it, in the future more everyday decisions will be made at the local level, whilst considerations such as global trade, defence, environmental concerns will be dealt with at a 'superpower' level, whether that be China, Russia, USA, EU, or similar blocs. This is why many believe that should the UK (or what is left of it) opt to remain outside the European bloc, it will end up as a state of the US. The old nation states will be left to battle it out on the football field.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

If they want to rejoin i see no problems. Up to them I doubt the EU would pay for the cost of UK getting back to standards. Anyway this wont happen anytime soon. Not in the next 10 years. Have to wait a bit longer for the dinosaurs to die out.

Sure we do become more conversative but its an big all inclusive world and the younger generation tasted the freedom of movement and trade with the EU. They will want that back. We will see what happens but for now its done. I went to bodybuilding forums a lot and the younger generation loved how they could buy stuff all over Europe get good prices. Those things will change now. Its like taking away a freedom it takes a bit of time to see but they will see soon enough that Brexit means things are harder for them. 

Its just a mindset but those people who were used to being able to buy stuff and services easy will now be severely limited.

If it ever happens the EU will pay  billions and billions of Euros to bring the UK back into the club, 

Poland is a good example of filling their boots with money from the EU piggy back and just recently they have concerns about sovereignty and the rule of law and what they see as EU meddling

The most up-to-date statistics (as of July 2016) show that in 2014 Poland received €17.436 billion from the EU whilst only contributing €3.526 billion.[5] Poland also received nearly €2 billion more in EU funding than any other member state in 2013 (France being second highest).[6] 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poland_in_the_European_Union#:~:text=The most up-to-date,(France being second highest).

At the moment Turkey has gained the most from EU funding where they have received  billions and billions of Euros from the EU piggy bank and haven't had to implement EU rules in exchange for funds

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes correct and many many others did. Remember the intelligent ones the remain brigade and the leader David Cameron. If we voted leave we would leave the CU, SM and ECJ.

How clearer can you get when it was said countless times. Nearly all remainers seem to overlook that very vital point.

When you have a binary vote that's what happens. One winner one loser.

So whats your point. It has happened over 4 years ago, coming up to 5 in June. Will you and the likes ever accept the democratic referendum result or continue complaining making irrelevant points of what could have, should have or how many people voted remain.

We have left the EU and that is a fact.

David Cameron did say many stupid things, but that was because he didn't believe for one moment that the vote would go the way it did. It also explains why he resigned immediately after and didn't try to clear up the mess he made.

As for 'one winner one loser', what has that to do with democracy, the point of which is surely to ensure that there are no losers (or certainly to minimise them)? Of course I realise that we have now left the EU, but if one good thing comes out from this I hope it means we never again have a nationwide referendum. There are very good reasons we have only had three since the time of Simon de Montfort!

4 minutes ago, Stupooey said:

David Cameron did say many stupid things, but that was because he didn't believe for one moment that the vote would go the way it did. It also explains why he resigned immediately after and didn't try to clear up the mess he made.

As for 'one winner one loser', what has that to do with democracy, the point of which is surely to ensure that there are no losers (or certainly to minimise them)? Of course I realise that we have now left the EU, but if one good thing comes out from this I hope it means we never again have a nationwide referendum. There are very good reasons we have only had three since the time of Simon de Montfort!

David Cameron was probably the best person to manage our way out of the EU...... shame that he batted for "the other side" of the Brexit vote.

I am not against referendums per se, you cannot argue that they are not democratic (although a General Election may have the same effect if the main parties are polarised) - one thing I have learned is that something like a 60% "yes" vote should be required.  I would apply that to a Scottish independence vote as well.

17 hours ago, puipuitom said:

What do you think of the Gaelic Confederation, more-or-less as Belgium is now with 4 identities. Thanks to Eire, they are all inside the EU on the moment that treaty is signed.

Oooo....now that sounds interesting....very interesting