'Brexit carnage': shellfish trucks protest in London over export chaos

snoop1130

41 minutes ago, bannork said:

More than a dozen??? The one with a new logo should ask for his money back. 

More than a dozen large lorries — one bearing the words “Brexit carnage!” — drove past the Houses of Parliament

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, sungod said:

Yes, unquestionable after 18 days, how worse off are you in 2 and  a half weeks !

Money doesn't just re appear once it's lost. The money fro  fish that were not sold will not just be waiting for the vendors should this issue ever be resolved (and there's no guarantee it ever will).

And even if the issue does get resolved, it's likely that the previous buyers will have simply found new suppliers.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JayClay said:

Money doesn't just re appear once it's lost. The money fro  fish that were not sold will not just be waiting for the vendors should this issue ever be resolved (and there's no guarantee it ever will).

And even if the issue does get resolved, it's likely that the previous buyers will have simply found new suppliers.

And you worked all this out in just over 2 weeks, hilarious!!!

27 minutes ago, sungod said:

And you worked all this out in just over 2 weeks, hilarious!!!

So you think the wholesalers are just waiting for the stock? You think that the customers from the retailers that they supply have decided to go hungry rather than buy their fish (or chicken or beef or whatever) from somewhere else? And what's more, they're so keen for the product that they'll double up their orders if the problems on our side ever get sorted.

There's nothing to "work out". It's basic logic. Something that is lost on Brexiteers and it's why I gave up debating with them. I don't know why I even started again and I'm certainly not going to waste any more time doing so.

I preferred the "I don't care" guy. At least his sentiment what honest. I wonder if the leave campaign would have gained as much momentum if they'd plastered that more truthful slogan on the side of their bus...

Edited by JayClay
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Loiner said:

'Maybe' is fairly imprecise word to use in your post, so you should explain. Did you think it was mine or not? 

I may (hope you understand may) give you credit for some (poor or very poor) posts but can not and will not give you credit for a phrase that I and many others have been using for quite some time (do you understand quite)

21 hours ago, vogie said:

21 hours ago, vogie said:

There were a lot on here wishing for an hard Brexit, the Euros because they were so sad to see us leave and not because they liked us, but just because we were a major contributor to their federal fund. And of course let's not forget our own home grown remainers who were praying for a no deal and hoping it would go wrong so they could have said "we told you so"

A lot? Probably not, but undoubtedly some.

However, your list is incomplete. You forgot to add the Leavers who wanted a 'hard' Brexit' because of their xenophobic hatred of all things European. The fact that Brexit may hurt the UK culturally, economically and politically is irrelevant to this group. What is important is that the EU states suffer (greater) pain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, transam said:

I think you are lurking in the realms of fantasy, where remainers and EU blokes seem to spend a lot of time.

But hey, if it makes your day, then crack on......:intheclub:

So xenophobes most likely voted 'Remain' and not for Brexit?

In some ways, I envy your ability to continually divorce yourself from reality.????

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

From the history of these Brexit threads it seems more accurate to put it like this:

Those who voted remain are those most likely to freely use the word 'xenophobe' in any case.

All opinion, of course. (Another) alternative opinion might be:

Those who voted 'Leave' are less likely to recognise the presence of xenophobia.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RayC said:

All opinion, of course. (Another) alternative opinion might be:

Those who voted 'Leave' are less likely to recognise the presence of xenophobia.

I think I recognise it now. Isn’t that what’s spewing from most of our euro posters? Although directed in a very specific direction, it is becoming increasingly obvious.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tebee said:

I can't help it if the UK has decided to commit collective suicide. 

So when Hitler was looking through his bins at the White Cliffs of Dover, after crushing Europe, you would be on the UK beach waiting with the sandwiches for the imminent squashing of the Brits......?  :clap2: 

• Like 2