Travel to Pattaya via Bangkok.

I want to go to Pattaya to see my agent for renew of my retirement extensions. I know there are still buses going there from Bangkok and returning, if the bus gets stopped by police or whatever, do I just tell them I am going to see my agent. Will it be enough to show them my passport and proof that my ret exts have to be renewed? Will I need anything else?

You may have to get a permission form from the Ampur. To my understanding you can't board a train bus or van without it and even if in private car they will ask at checkpoints.

Can't your visa agent based in Pattaya advise on this?

I was actually enquiring about this today. Yes, you need a travel authorisation to go to Pattaya, and will not be allowed on a bus without one. If you persuade a taxi to take you without a travel authorisation, you are quite likely to be stopped at a checkpoint, and be in significant bother. You get a travel authorisation from the amphoe office, and they will probably insist you have a Thai with you to act as a guarantor.

It really might be easier if you arrange matters with your agent by phone and courier.

2 hours ago, Suphawk said:

I wonder how much longer this restriction will be in place.

Where can we see how many new cases have been reported in Chon Buri?

I will be exiting ASQ in about 3 weeks and I plan to head to Pattaya.

Restrictions will be reviewed at the end of the month.

I can just imagine Farang living on the streets of Bangkok. Come out of ASQ with documents that you are Covid free , having had 2 tests in the last 14 days. But you can't get on a bus and probably hotels will turn you away for being a high risk and quote Covid measures.

<deleted> ????

19 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I want to go to Pattaya to see my agent for renew of my retirement extensions. I know there are still buses going there from Bangkok and returning, if the bus gets stopped by police or whatever, do I just tell them I am going to see my agent. Will it be enough to show them my passport and proof that my ret exts have to be renewed? Will I need anything else?

An option, it can be done remotely in most cases, talk to your "agent"

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

You may have to get a permission form from the Ampur. To my understanding you can't board a train bus or van without it and even if in private car they will ask at checkpoints.

That depends upon which province or even district you are in. I think it may be a travel at you own risk to provinces that are red zones.

Our niece and her daughter traveled to here from Pak Chong on a train without a problem this week.

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I know that, that's what I intend to do if Pattaya does not open up in about 3 weeks, but you can't keep doing that every 60 days. Then again, they may have to allow that if Pattaya stays closed.

I thought Retirement Extensions were done annually, at your local IO, with either 800k in the bank, 65k per month from abroad or a combination.

15 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Talk to my agent?? Why do you think I need to go to Pattaya? <removed>

Both you and another poster who is always using a sad or confused emotican can start up the

saddos and confused emoticans brigade. 

14 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Both you and another poster who is always using a sad or confused emotican can start up the

saddos and confused emoticans brigade. 

I am rather confused as you are replying to yourself. But maybe the posters you refer to ARE confused or feel sad about your posts.

17 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Can't your visa agent based in Pattaya advise on this?

No Sheryl, but she accepts that I can apply for a 60 day visa to visit wife at my local IO which costs 1900Bt and can be renewed once, as Ubon Joe advised me, but if Chonburi remains closed for a long time, I'm would think these visit wife visas will be similar to tourist visas.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

I know that, that's what I intend to do if Pattaya does not open up in about 3 weeks, but you can't keep doing that every 60 days. Then again, they may have to allow that if Pattaya stays closed.

Wow , first getting angry if someone tells you to do it thru an agent so you don't need to go ,and then agreeing to do it thru an agent because pattaya is closed and maybe will be for a while . And what makes you think it will be closed for the next "every" 60 days . I think if you would have taken " a bit " more time to think about what you have to do , you would have figured it out all by yourself and went the agent way, but then again you couldn't figure it out by yourself this time so ???? good luck in your future Endeavours . 

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I thought Retirement Extensions were done annually, at your local IO, with either 800k in the bank, 65k per month from abroad or a combination.

That's what I was going to say. 

But is he now saying that he stays here long term on a 60 day spouse visa/extension.?

58 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

No Sheryl, but she accepts that I can apply for a 60 day visa to visit wife at my local IO

So does your wife live or work at your local IO. Or is it only there you can visit her?    LOL

But seriously, why are you going to do your extension in Pattaya when you live in Phitchit, according to your avatar.

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

So does your wife live or work at your local IO. Or is it only there you can visit her?    LOL

But seriously, why are you going to do your extension in Pattaya when you live in Phitchit, according to your avatar.

Probably he doesn't fulfill the requirements, so he needs to cheat the system using an agent in Pattaya.

4 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Wow , first getting angry if someone tells you to do it thru an agent so you don't need to go ,and then agreeing to do it thru an agent because pattaya is closed and maybe will be for a while . And what makes you think it will be closed for the next "every" 60 days . I think if you would have taken " a bit " more time to think about what you have to do , you would have figured it out all by yourself and went the agent way, but then again you couldn't figure it out by yourself this time so ???? good luck in your future Endeavours . 

Pattaya is not closed.

Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

Ok that's my bad , but then why is the poster so worried about not being able to visit his agent or whoever he wants to visit ????

Coz like many posters on here he's no idea what he's talking about and never willing to find out on his own i would suspect.

Don't see what the issue is any, what's the worst thing that could happen, getting turned round at one of the checkpoints ( that there isn't ) - lol

9 hours ago, rott said:

That's what I was going to say. 

But is he now saying that he stays here long term on a 60 day spouse visa/extension.?

I was not having a go at the possum (I generally concur with much of what he says) but here I was a bit puzzled. 

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

Probably he doesn't fulfill the requirements, so he needs to cheat the system using an agent in Pattaya.

Nowt wrong with that if true. And I would query your use of the word cheat. 

12 hours ago, KannikaP said:

They are but it sounds like (1) he is married t a Thai so eligible for marriage extension  (2) came in on other than an O visa, maybe a tourist visa or visa exempt and now want to change to O visa and wants agent to help with the visa change.

Can be done without an agent if able to meet the financials though I have heard some local IOs won't do the  change of visa status to O

Archived