Changing jobs process - Reentering country

Hello,

Quick questions about changing jobs. My current job is ending and I want to get a new one. I am aware of the process that a person must have their permit canceled and then leave + reenter the country. This seems impossible due to border closures right now. Does hit mean it is impossible to change jobs? Thank you for any advice!

It is possible to change employers without leaving the country if you have a new job already.

The new employer needs to apply for a work permit to obtain a application approval letter for it. Then with a termination letter from your existing employer to cancel your current extension of stay you can apply for a new one with the approval letter and other supporting documents from you new employer. Then you existing work permit can be canceled and the new one issued.

15 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It is possible to change employers without leaving the country if you have a new job already.

The new employer needs to apply for a work permit to obtain a application approval letter for it. Then with a termination letter from your existing employer to cancel your current extension of stay you can apply for a new one with the approval letter and other supporting documents from you new employer. Then you existing work permit can be canceled and the new one issued.

Thank you very much for the reply and information. Greatly appreciated!

Archived