American Injured In Motorcycle Accident Outside Of...

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya People: May 11th 2007

Thai Man Speeds to Hit Tourist

The Pattaya Police were informed at 11.45 pm on 10th May that an accident occurred at the entrance to Carrefour Shopping Center, between two motorbikes and both riders were injured.

At the scene the Sawang Rescuers were aiding Mr. Aree Khanpetchtha, aged 31, who was driving a Yamaha X-One motorbike. Another group of rescuers were aiding a 71 year old American tourist named Richard who was riding a Tiger motorbike.

When questioned it was found that the Thai man came from North Pattaya heading for Central Pattaya and the American speeded out from the Soi that leads to Carrefour.

It was found that both were speeding and after they recover from hospital they have an appointment at the police station to negotiate the damage costs.

I know it's only the Pattaya People trying to pad out their rag but what relevance does the make and model of the motorbikes have on the case? Two guys on motor bikes collided, if one wasn't a farang it wouldn't even get a mention.

I know it's only the Pattaya People trying to pad out their rag but what relevance does the make and model of the motorbikes have on the case? Two guys on motor bikes collided, if one wasn't a farang it wouldn't even get a mention.

Talking about models, what is a "Tiger motorbike"?

Talking about models, what is a "Tiger motorbike"?

It's made in Thailand under licence.

Cheaper than your average Honda/

By the way - the culpability and proportion of blame is sorted out in the Police Stations in many countries - this is not a BiB scheme for getting more tea money.

And the seventy-plus American was coming out of a Soi - the Thai was on the main road - I'll tell you who's culpable.

Agree that cycle on main thoroughfare has the right of way but if he was speeding, he has much culpability as cycle exiting the soi has a right to assume that other party is obeying the speed law and perhaps he judged his pull-out to be safe if the other vehicle had been traveling at the legal speed limit.

Such technicalities are sophistry in Thailand. Especially since the exiting cycle was reportedly speeding as well and its a Thai vs. falang situation.