Neo Pattaya: Project to transform resort into state the art metropolis begins - starting with Walking Street

rooster59

So when exactly are they going to clean the water and clean up the beach?  This plan is probably not going anywhere anyway, but if it does a clean beach and clean water will make or break it.  Not to mention high end tourists won't deal with scumbag taxis, dirty hotels, or poor restaurants..

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Showtime said:

Not to mention high end tourists won't deal with scumbag taxis, dirty hotels, or poor restaurants..

And don't forget the packs of street stray dogs, the air pollution, the risks you take everytime you need to cross a road, even to go from your hotel to the beach, the pavements\side walks destroyed (When they exists or when they aren't used by some business, like mototaxi, food or clothes stalls...)

the list is endless

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, nomadinuk said:

You only have to look at what they did to sinoukville in cambodia. Search for youtube video sinoukville 2016-2020. 

Having SEEN the differences in "Snooky" over the last decade I can only agree. 

• Like 2

OK.

- Completion date?

- Lot's of money, lot's of corruption

- Pre-Walking Street moves to another area

- Nothing wrong with dreaming, but you will need experienced managers to make this happen

- Putting up a new sign...........

Maybe I am among the wrong group, but why all the haste even on this page to slam Pattaya's reputation?  The place is a bit much for me, but it is my personal decision whether I go there or not.  What -makes- Pattaya Pattaya -is- the sex.   Why shy away from this?  All I see in these kinds of plans are an effort by carpetbaggers from China to swoop in and buy up Koh Samui, Pattaya and Patong and turn everything into the same type of boring cities found in the rest of the world.  This is my prediction... if the takeover of walking street is successful, people will vote with their feet and their dollars and they will follow the fun wherever it can gain a foothold and Walking Street will become no more than the boring part of town where girls go with their customers for some shopping or an expensive meal.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Spellforce said:

It is quite possible that Chinese investors will buy a lot of bankrupt businesses on WS. Everything could then go very quickly.
Let's not forget that covid has had almost no economic impact on China.

Not yet  don't think the world will forget. 

7 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Neo.  A dystopian future in which we are all trapped inside a simulated reality know as Pattaya.

We are living in the Matrix of Pattaya, the future's so bright we gotta wear shades.

If it feels good, just do it.  Enjoy it all while you can.  ????

Hardly. Its just the Greek word for new.

Should have used some French to make it Pattaya Nouveau or Latin perhaps to become Novus Pattaya. Oooh they sound so exotic...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jingjai9 said:

It is time for a change in Pattaya. If the old entertainment places still have a demand, they will find a place. Hopefully in an area where young children do not have to walk in the middle of adult nightlife. The worst thing they can do is ban the nightlife and make it go underground.  It is interesting here in Thailand how things reinvent themselves.

They like things going underdround, corruption is popular here

At this present time you have no money to give to the Poor & Homeless so where is all the money comming from?? Pattaya is currently under a big Infrastruction project as well as the super highway on Sukhuvit road , More money spent on a dream for more tourisim please understand it is over!! for about 5 years..

13 hours ago, Showtime said:

So when exactly are they going to clean the water and clean up the beach?  This plan is probably not going anywhere anyway, but if it does a clean beach and clean water will make or break it.  Not to mention high end tourists won't deal with scumbag taxis, dirty hotels, or poor restaurants..

Can't vouch for the water but Pattaya Beach, even pre-covid with tourists, has been kept clean and has been since it was widened.  I walk the north Pattaya Beach area about every day--did again this morning--and it is clean.  This area also has some very nice big hotels--Mytt, Holiday Inn, Dusit, Amari, Ozo, Palazzo, Brighton, Siam@Siam, Centara, D Beach, Hard Rock, Mercure, A-01, and lots of smaller nice boutique hotels.  Two big new ones are under construction.  I wouldn't describe any of these as 'dirty'.  Can you find a fleabag hotel in Pattaya?  Sure--and probably in any other city in Thailand, as well.   Doesn't mean you have to stay there.  If you're finding the restaurants are 'poor' you're not eating at the right places.  

• Like 2