Another Covid-19 patient dies as 198 new cases reported

rooster59

2 hours ago, 10baht said:

At the bottom of this link the CCSA guy says everyone entering Thailand must be CV-19 free. ( start at 3min. 12 secs)

Then he say to get a COE you must be Covid free, BUT do Thai's need a COE or will they continue to fly back to Thailand and ill?

Here is the link , go to the video at the bottom.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2056167/thailand-logs-1-death-198-new-covid-cases-sunday

My bad, I should have asked if a Thai had the same requirements for a COE , i.e. an negative covid test. Not so in the recent past and the CCSA guy muddied the waters saying it was a COE requirement when the requirements to my understanding were NOT the same.

2 hours ago, sungod said:

Different rules for foreigners and Thais, it is their country after all.

That isn't the point, yes their country - just be transparent , tell the truth and not have potentially sick people flying with those who are not.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, 10baht said:

That isn't the point, yes their country - just be transparent , tell the truth and not have potentially sick people flying with those who are not.

I'm at a loss to understand what point you're trying to make @10baht but just how can one tell the difference between someone is potentially sick and one that is not?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Of the new cases, 118 were exposed to the virus while visiting high-risk areas

Then returning to safe zones.... in control my ar*e !

Do they not understand the concept of high risk areas STAY AWAY ????

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, smedly said:

so why is it still locked down ?

actions speak louder than words

what they are doing doesn't line up with what they are saying - funny that isn't it

The virus incubation period of the virus is at least 14 days; so it makes sense for lockdown periods to be at least 1 full virus cycle of 14 days without new cases before easing restrictions...21 or 28 days is even better

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Maybe , but you never see Thais publishing daily figures showing deaths on the road caused by Thais as opposed to foreigners do you ? 

If it's a major accident caused by a foreigner, you wouldn't bet the family jewels on  it not being mentioned /shown / reported, or would you? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sheryl said:

They have indeed.

And they have done a reasonably large amount of testing, contrary to the myth perpetuated by some on this  forum.

Numbers please.

And source.

Worldometer figures haven't changed for a month or more.  They clearly have difficulty finding a source.

I've searched Google but can't find a source, although I know others here have mentioned there is one.

I don't read Thai.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, In the jungle said:

"infection numbers nationwide had deceased from the first week of outbreak."

???

Presumably that should read decreased.

The best way to read Thai news is drunk.  Only then does it make sense.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sheryl said:

The key metric for adequacy of testing is the positivity rate, if over  5% it suggests a need for wider testing. Thailand's rate is 1.3%.

According to a recent article posted on Thaivisa 70,000 tests were conducted with 5,332 returning positive results which according to my calcs suggests a positivity rate of 7.6%.It also says that testing will be intensified.Which concurs with what you've said should be done.

• Like 1

The numbers in the article don't seem to correlate to the numbers that have been reported raising suspicions of incorrect reporting of numbers. 

Looks suspiciously like a can of worms to me.Maybe it's all just a misunderstanding.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

The numbers in the article don't seem to correlate to the numbers that have been reported raising suspicions of incorrect reporting of numbers. 

Looks suspiciously like a can of worms to me.Maybe it's all just a misunderstanding.

Which numbers do not seem to correlate? I do not see any.

3 minutes ago, rabas said:

Which numbers do not seem to correlate? I do not see any.

If 5,332 positives were found in 7 days that would be an average of 761 per day and there hasn't been that many cases reported in the daily reports by the CCSA in the past week to my knowledge.Which would indicate the numbers don't correlate.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If 5,332 positives were found in 7 days that would be an average of 761 per day and there hasn't been that many cases reported in the daily reports by the CCSA in the past week to my knowledge.Which would indicate the numbers don't correlate.

It took 2 seconds find the answer. 5,332 is over 37 days from the beginning of the second wave. All adds up correctly.

"The hardest-hit province continues to be Samut Sakhon, which reported 5,332 confirmed cases between December 18 and January 24."

https://www.thaienquirer.com/23260/thailand-finds-198-new-coronavirus-cases-on-sunday/

Edited by rabas
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

If they were clear and transparent as many of us would like to see, then they would not have closed off certain portions of the publicly accessible MOPH stats, they would have a once a day comprehensive report, and they would truly tell the amount of actual tests being done, not just the track and trace, quarantine, or those going to a hospital.  They are as far as I can see it only directing the testing at the locations they believe are an issue, and therefore closing their eyes to elsewhere.  All people want to know is the totality and the potential spread of the virus.  Before anyone of those posters appear on here saying that we are Thai bashing with our comments, and our countries are doing worse, I do not live elsewhere, I live in Thailand, and my concern is for them to be transparent and truthful.  Very few follow-up stories on other parts of Bangkok which have shown infections in only Thai's, but they sure do seem to slam the migrant workers.  If they wanted to be transparent then testing would be available and not for a cost, and if infected, only asymptomatically, the individual should not be treated as a cash cow. 

They do seem to fear clear and transparent ad don't seem to understand that it has more severe ramifications than being clear and transparent for now this can of worms has been opened they maybe forced to explain the anomaly.It does appear to be somewhat "out of control" and doesn't look like it will controlled by the end of the month which just makes the CCSA look even more incompetent or even deceitful than necessary but they just don't seem to get it.It will further erode any shred of credence (if any) they perceived they had.

Edit: As rabas points out above there appears to be a mistake in the article posted by Thaivisa which seems to indicate they didn't check their sources to see if the information they posted was correct.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rabas said:

It took 2 seconds find the answer. 5,332 is over 37 days from the beginning of the second wave. All adds up correctly.

"The hardest-hit province continues to be Samut Sakhon, which reported 5,332 confirmed cases between December 18 and January 24."

https://www.thaienquirer.com/23260/thailand-finds-198-new-coronavirus-cases-on-sunday/

If you read the article I quoted it clearly says in the last seven days which indicates the numbers don't correlate and a mistake in reporting has occurred as I said.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If you read the article I quoted it clearly says in the last seven days which indicates the numbers don't correlate and a mistake in reporting has occurred as I said.

I do not see a quoted article, do you have a reference to your quoted article ????

(Though I am not surprised reporters get stuff wrong.)

Edited by rabas

16 hours ago, 10baht said:

i dont think anyone understands your point, the flights coming into Thai are repatriation flights for Thais, IE to get them home. Anyone else lucky enough to get on the flight has to meet requirments.

1 hour ago, FarFlungFalang said:

According to a recent article posted on Thaivisa 70,000 tests were conducted with 5,332 returning positive results which according to my calcs suggests a positivity rate of 7.6%.It also says that testing will be intensified.Which concurs with what you've said should be done.

Stands to reason, if you test in an area known to have a high rate of infections, it follows that the test results will show a high percentage of positives - that only proves what was already known, nothing else. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sungod said:

i dont think anyone understands your point, the flights coming into Thai are repatriation flights for Thais, IE to get them home. Anyone else lucky enough to get on the flight has to meet requirments.

You have got me there, but I did not think every flight coming into Thailand was a repatriation flight?